Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-13-2005   #1
YodAa
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to YodAa
Question In 15 Years...

Do you still want Reliant Stadium?

Do you keep Carr at QB?

Keep DD running?

DRob defending?

Andre making miracle catches?

How many trophies do you want our guys to have brought home?

How many "divisional champs" shirts do you want to have with our logo on it

Do you want a different Logo?

Different uniform?
Old 05-13-2005   #2
WildBlackBear32
All Pro

Reliant Stadium will be up for way longer than 15 years.

DD and Carr are more than likely retired after 15 years. AJ could try and milk out the tank like Rice, but I doubt it.
WildBlackBear32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005   #3
Texan Dave
Veteran

Hopefully in 15 years we'll have someone in the hall of fame,LOL.
Texan Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005   #4
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

In 15 years, I'll be 32. Let's not look that far into the future. Oh man, I'm getting old...

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005   #5
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

geez if carr, dd and johnson play together that long, that would be something, very unlikly, plus i bet nearly all retire between 10-12 years !
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005   #6
GLM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
In 15 years, I'll be 32. Let's not look that far into the future. Oh man, I'm getting old...
bah I'll be 41
GLM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005   #7
vtech9
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 vtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to vtech9

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLM
bah I'll be 41
and I'll be 51 if I make it that far ...let's not go there just yet
vtech9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-14-2005   #8
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

i just wanna turn 55 so i can get meals half off and get a discount when i go to the movies !!!
Old 05-14-2005   #9
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 52676 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

In 15 years hopefully my home games attended streak, which currently stands at 30, will be sitting at 180.

Actually, hopefully a little higher than that with the additional home games in the playoffs.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005   #10
gwallaia

Rep Power: 71741 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

In 15 years, none of the players currently on the Texans roster will be playing football anymore.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005   #11
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14190 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

I want 13 Super Bowls.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005   #12
royce1054
All Pro

Send a message via MSN to royce1054 Send a message via Yahoo to royce1054

i think 5-7 years none of the players will still be here. maybe 9-10 but no more than that. Maybe A. Johnson or Carr if we get protection but i cant see anyone else
royce1054 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005   #13
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

I think the average playing time for an NFL player is something like 6 years so you do the math. Carr won't be playing...
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005   #14
WildBlackBear32
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWJD
I think the average playing time for an NFL player is something like 6 years so you do the math. Carr won't be playing...
Maybe RB, but most other positions last longer.
WildBlackBear32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005   #15
F-minus67
Hall of Fame

Ya, but what RB has played for 17 years, DD has trouble playing a full season.
Old 05-14-2005   #16
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildBlackBear32
Maybe RB, but most other positions last longer.

I said 6. 6 years is too long according to some webpages on Goggle.

The average NFL player's career lasts 3.5-4 years.

Irregardless David Carr will not be playing in 15 years.
Old 05-15-2005   #17
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWJD
I said 6. 6 years is too long according to some webpages on Goggle.

The average NFL player's career lasts 3.5-4 years.

Irregardless David Carr will not be playing in 15 years.

especially not as much as he's been beat up over the last 3 years !
Old 05-15-2005   #18
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected

yeah in 15 years carr will be 40, aj about 38-39, DD 38-39, i seriously doubt they'll be around. this isn't baseball, where guys can stay around 20 years. football is brutal, the average is like 3-4 years. so take that into consideration. the only player i see that might be around in 15 years would be maybe a Olineman, thats looking back at guys liek mathews and munchak, and i don't think they made it 15 years. as for reliant, it won't go anywhere soon, the astrodome was built in the 60's and its still there. same logo basically, but i can see some changes in the uniform, just like every other sport.
ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2005   #19
YodAa
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to YodAa

How can you say that the average NFl player career is 6 years when you see players that have careers that last 7 8 9 10 15 or 21!!!! year long careers. 3 to 4 years is probably the 2nd day pick players and the players I mentioned play at minimum 2nd round pick.
Old 05-15-2005   #20
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by YodAa
How can you say that the average NFl player career is 6 years when you see players that have careers that last 7 8 9 10 15 or 21!!!! year long careers. 3 to 4 years is probably the 2nd day pick players and the players I mentioned play at minimum 2nd round pick.

Look it's very easy to figure this out. They take all the players in the NFL and average out their career lengths. I guessed 6 and I was wrong. It was 3.5-4 years as an AVERAGE span for players. You can use goggle for a reference point if you don't believe me. There are any number of webpages on there that can give you that figure. Many do go on to longer careers but they are talking averages here. Who had a 21 year career BTW?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read