Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-26-2012   #101
skenney_11
Rookie

Default Re: Name the guy #26

Apparently it's Bruce Irvin
skenney_11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012   #102
TheGoldenGreek
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 TheGoldenGreek is a quality contributor and well respectedTheGoldenGreek is a quality contributor and well respectedTheGoldenGreek is a quality contributor and well respectedTheGoldenGreek is a quality contributor and well respectedTheGoldenGreek is a quality contributor and well respectedTheGoldenGreek is a quality contributor and well respectedTheGoldenGreek is a quality contributor and well respectedTheGoldenGreek is a quality contributor and well respectedTheGoldenGreek is a quality contributor and well respectedTheGoldenGreek is a quality contributor and well respectedTheGoldenGreek is a quality contributor and well respected

WalterFootball.com updated their pick for the Texans at #26 to Bruce Irvin, DE/OLB, West Virginia.

This is what he said about the pick:

Quote:
Surprise! Bruce Irvin in the first round? You might be thinking about e-mailing Woody Paige to tell him that he's right about me being a buffoon, but let me explain first. Michael Lombardi reported that some team flew Irvin to their facility in a helicopter and told him he'd be their first-round pick. I have some reason to believe that the Texans will pick Irvin here based on some other things I've heard today, so I guess I'm taking the bait.

What I do know for certain, per trusted sources, is that this pick will not be used on a receiver. It'll be the top rush linebacker or right tackle available on Houston's board.
I also find the receiver comment quite interesting.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2012_1.php
Old 04-26-2012   #103
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 246310 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

I just don't trust those "trusted sources". LOL

The Texans will pick someone that fits into the team BOTH professionally and personally. You know they use both those criteria. I'll bet if a really hot reciever falls and that guy is a "nice guy" and a hell of an athelitic, they'll take him.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012   #104
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd be thrilled with a Bruce Irvin pick up. Instant impact player to the defense.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012   #105
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 73160 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

It's not officially draft day without. . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZxNeFLuY98
Old 04-26-2012   #106
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 145918 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seņor Stan View Post
I had a dream last night that the Texans took Kendall Wright. Fleener dropped to the Colts and the ended up with him and Luck.
You may have dreamed what will happen as it could well work just like that.
Old 04-26-2012   #107
silentassassin
Veteran

Rep Power: 2069 silentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by skenney_11 View Post
Apparently it's Bruce Irvin
I'm going with Bruce Irvin, just for the hell of it. The helicopter story seemed pretty bizarre, and it would be hilarious to find out that the Texans were the one.
silentassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-26-2012   #108
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 23300 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

**** it...

Coby Fleener.

If not (kind of a long list) : Bruce Irvin, Shea McClellin, Whitney Mercilus, Nick Perry, Cordy Glenn or Jonathan Martin.
Old 04-26-2012   #109
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 73160 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

I read that Bruce Irvin ran the 3-cone faster than any DL at the combine this year. Food for thought.
Old 04-26-2012   #110
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18070 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentassassin View Post
I'm going with Bruce Irvin, just for the hell of it. The helicopter story seemed pretty bizarre, and it would be hilarious to find out that the Texans were the one.
If anything screams 'Houston Texans,' it's such a flamboyant and self-important act as flying someone to the facility in a helicopter for an interview.
Old 04-26-2012   #111
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

If we take Irvin over McClellin, I'll be pissed... I really hope Shea is there at 26, otherwise we should trade back.
Old 04-26-2012   #112
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 94100 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Sadly, i think they'll feel the WR class is too deep for them to take 1 in the 1st unless somehow Floyd falls to us; they'll go WR in the 2nd though. i also don't know if they're convinced they'll be able to pay Barwin next year if he has a good year & if they're totally convinced about Reed...plus we need the depth at olb as you can never have too many pass rushers so.............

1a: Nick Perry

1b. Courtney Upshaw
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012   #113
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Wade Phillips ‏ @sonofbum

We we get to our pic we have already discussed which of the 6 we would prefer. There is also a chance that we could move back for more pics
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012   #114
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
Wright if he's on the board, if not Stephen Hill.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
#26 Shea McClellin OLB
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Fleener.
I am okay with any of these guys. And maybe Ruben Randle. But my preference is Wright. If he's not there than McClellin. If both are gone than Fleener.

I seldom ever get a pick right, so those are probably not going to happen...lol.
Old 04-26-2012   #115
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Who I want: Fleener.

He's not an OD type of TE. This guy will create physical mismatches at the TE spot. We need someone who can step up with Dressen's departure and IMO Fleener can do that and more. He out produced BOTH our TE's last year snagging 11 TDs. I think he's easily the most immediate impact player available at this spot.

Who I am betting they they take:

Stephen Hill.

For better or worse this staff is all in on Jacoby Jones. He's going to be here next year. Book it. Hill has all the physical measurables to develop into a #1 receiver. They'll give him the year to develop and if he turns into an impact player as a rookie, I am willing to be its icing on the cake for this staff.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012   #116
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 94100 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
It's not officially draft day without. . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZxNeFLuY98
Lol at the jets taking a freakin' fullback in the 1st round....has to be 1 of the worst 1st round picks ever!!!
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012   #117
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
Same here Thorn! I leave it up to all these younger guys to do the research for me! They do a damn good job of it too!! The draft process is complicated to me, so I keep it simple. Keep enough names in my old brain to make it fun, and a little interesting at the draft party.

One of the FEW times I buy the local ragsheet is the day after draft day! They'll analyze all the TEXAN draft picks and I'll become acquainted with our new Texans!! Don't really matter to me who they are!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Yep. One of the few times I'll actually read the Chronicle. I'll read what they have to say, read what everyone on this board is saying, and I'll also google our picks as well. I really want to learn who these new guys are. But as we so often find out, what we THINK they will do, and what they actually do can be much different.
Pretty much what I do as well. I also enjoy the youtube videos that get posted about each pick so I can see them in action and start getting excited about the upcoming season!

Old 04-26-2012   #118
Oilers_57
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
I read that Bruce Irvin ran the 3-cone faster than any DL at the combine this year. Food for thought.
I read that too.

Also (Irvin v D. Ware)

40 Time: 4.50 vs 4.56
20 Yrd Shuttle 4.03 vs 4.07
3 Cone Drill: 6.70 vs 6.85
broad jump: 10'03" vs 10'02"

Ware tested at 6'4 and 251

Irvin tested at 6'3 and 245

I could see Wade pulling some rope to get his D Ware in a Texans uni.

I just hope he wears #57 if we pick him.

I won't cry if Irvin is the guy.
Oilers_57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012   #119
burro
almost sentient

Section: on the couch, praying for a broadcast
Rep Power: 5047 burro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexCanada View Post
Jonathan Martin, OT, Stanford.
That's my guess.
Old 04-26-2012   #120
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81973 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
If we take Irvin over McClellin, I'll be pissed... I really hope Shea is there at 26, otherwise we should trade back.
Yep, McClellin pick screams Texans. I'm OK with Irvin but would take Hill,Martin,McClellin,Fleener in that order ahead of Irvin.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read