Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-25-2012   #41
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 86073 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Name the guy #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronDuke View Post
Fleener- traded to 49ers.
for what and then who? Be brave take a risk..
Old 04-25-2012   #42
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 86073 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by noxiousdog View Post
Fleener is a total Kubiak type pick. I'm also scared of taking WR's that aren't clear cut top 10 picks.

Baldwin wasn't good from last year.
Demaryius Thomas has been ok, but isn't up to WR #2 numbers. (Of course he had The Tebow thowing to him.)
Dez Bryant should have been a top 10 pick if he wasn't a knucklead.
Maclin's good, not great.
Harvin's ok.
Hakeem Nicks is probably the best of the guys drafted 10-32.
Britt might be good if he had a QB and could stay healthy.
Ted Ginn Jr. - bad
Bowe - Good
Meachum has a lot of pub, but only 141 catches since being drafted in 2007.
Craig Davis - Terrible
Anthony Gonzalez - bad
Santonio Holmes - Good

That's everyone back to 2006. Better mix than I thought. You don't see a lot of WR drafted in that range though. The TE's have been good.
Would not most of those guys been better in our system?
Old 04-25-2012   #43
Fili
All Pro

Rep Power: 3890 Fili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respected

Kendall Wright.
Old 04-25-2012   #44
NastyNate
I go kerplunk

Section: Uranus
Rep Power: 29450 NastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respected

We'll trade back, and get Vinny Curry, DE. Or so I hope.
Old 04-25-2012   #45
TexCanada
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6655 TexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
1a. Jonathan Martin - OT, Stanford

1b. Shea McClellin - OLB, Boise State

1c. Coby Fleener - TE, Stanford
This is my exact list too.
TexCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012   #46
TexCanada
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6655 TexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respected

We should add a poll on this thread.
TexCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012   #47
pirbroke
All Pro

Rep Power: 6765 pirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respected

I vote Fleener at 26.
pirbroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-25-2012   #48
pirbroke
All Pro

Rep Power: 6765 pirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respected

Mike Mayock picks-

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2012/mock-d...-mayock/150251

Coby Fleener

TE

Stanford

Would I rather have the fourth-best wideout or the best tight end? When I look at Coby Fleener, he's a vertical threat and the Texans are a zone-run team, which will protect him in the running game. I think it's a great fit.
pirbroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012   #49
Killer Bee
Rookie

Rep Power: 487 Killer Bee is a quality contributor and well respectedKiller Bee is a quality contributor and well respectedKiller Bee is a quality contributor and well respectedKiller Bee is a quality contributor and well respectedKiller Bee is a quality contributor and well respectedKiller Bee is a quality contributor and well respectedKiller Bee is a quality contributor and well respectedKiller Bee is a quality contributor and well respectedKiller Bee is a quality contributor and well respectedKiller Bee is a quality contributor and well respectedKiller Bee is a quality contributor and well respected

Just to be different, Bruce Irvin OLB

He's going to be drafted higher than he should.
Old 04-25-2012   #50
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 74123 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
for what and then who? Be brave take a risk..
I'll say swap 1st plus 49ers 3rd, take Hill with the 1st. I should say I know nothing about the draft except for what I read you guys posting in the mock draft threads.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012   #51
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56437 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexCanada View Post
Jonathan Martin, OT, Stanford.
^^^^
This

If Martin is available.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012   #52
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexCanada View Post
We should add a poll on this thread.
Nah, too many different suggestions.
Old 04-25-2012   #53
Topher
Darth Tardis

Rep Power: 6474 Topher is a quality contributor and well respectedTopher is a quality contributor and well respectedTopher is a quality contributor and well respectedTopher is a quality contributor and well respectedTopher is a quality contributor and well respectedTopher is a quality contributor and well respectedTopher is a quality contributor and well respectedTopher is a quality contributor and well respectedTopher is a quality contributor and well respectedTopher is a quality contributor and well respectedTopher is a quality contributor and well respected

Whitney Mercilus
Topher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012   #54
pec0sb0b
on the lam

Rep Power: 2716 pec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respected

Nick Perry, DE/LB, USC
Old 04-25-2012   #55
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronDuke View Post
I'll say swap 1st plus 49ers 3rd, take Hill with the 1st. I should say I know nothing about the draft except for what I read you guys posting in the mock draft threads.
Maybe your read it on one of my posts because I did mention that exact scenario but had SF taking Hill. We will have you mocking with the rest of us before you know it.
Old 04-25-2012   #56
Spled
All Pro

Rep Power: 51 Spled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respected

DeCastro
Spled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012   #57
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spled View Post
DeCastro
Wow, you seriously believe he falls that far? i'd probably take him too.
Old 04-25-2012   #58
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142041 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spled View Post
DeCastro
I can't imagine DeCastro or Floyd falling all the way to us. If they even fall to the early 20's, we should think about moving up to get them.

But I can't imagine them falling that far.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012   #59
VTexan
The Realist

Rep Power: 5174 VTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Hopefully a trade down but if not best available linemen.... so

Martin
VTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012   #60
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Reuben Randle
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read