Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-17-2005   #81
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Hey, I'm all for whatever makes the team succeed. As much as I believe that Peek is worthy of a starting position (and well deserved), Boulware would provide instant results.

Just watch the cap space, please!
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005   #82
LikeABoss
All Pro

Rep Power: 0 LikeABoss seems to be losing the respect of his peers
Thumbs down

Quote:
Texans | More on Boulware Visit - from www.KFFL.com
Tue, 17 May 2005 20:02:22 -0700

Updating a previous story, Carlton Thompson, reports for the Houston Chronicle, free agent LB Peter Boulware (Ravens) took a physical when he visited the Houston Texans, Tuesday, May 17. How things will progress from this point is unclear. The Texans want to make sure they are satisfied with the health of Boulware's right knee and toe, which had injuries that contributed to him missing all of last season. Money will be an important factor as well. "Anytime there's an experienced player that has had experience in the league and becomes available, you always look at him," Texans head coach Dom Capers said. "That's basically what we're dealing with. We've just talked. That's basically where we are at." "I am healthy," Boulware said. "I'm ready to play. It's just a matter of me going on the field and proving it."
Sounds like Boulware wants the Texans to overpay for his injury proned services like Kansas City did with Kendrell Bell.

Thanks, but No Thanks

I say let Peek start and let's blitz our LBs more.
Old 05-17-2005   #83
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Houston Chronicle article on Boulware's visit just hit the website:

Boulware Visit Link
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005   #84
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 16683 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Texans | Look to Sign M. Rivers - from www.KFFL.com
Tue, 17 May 2005 20:52:26 -0700

ESPN.com's John Clayton reports the Houston Texans are apparently going to sign free agent TE Marcellus Rivers (Giants). He visited with the Texans Tuesday, May 17 and the team kept him in town overnight. Rivers was flown in after the Texans found out TE Bennie Joppru was lost for the season with a torn ACL.

There's our TE folks.
Old 05-17-2005   #85
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

Maybe we can sign Darnell Dinkins too if the Ravens cut him.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005   #86
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

From the houston chronicle article on leaving the Ravens:

Quote:
"It wasn't really a money thing," he said. "It was a reduction maybe in my role, maybe being a third-down player. I know I can play on third down, but I also think I can be a first- and second-down player as well. If I have to be a third-down player, that's fine, but at least I'm going to weigh my options and see what happens."
I thought this was interesting. I definately think he could be an all down player but if he is a third down player I think he will still make an impact.
TexanFan881 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005   #87
TheTim5125
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to TheTim5125

Boulware would be great... we would be able to shuffle LB throughout th egame to keep them fresh
Old 05-18-2005   #88
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Considering everyone is looking for Boulware to be a 3rd down rusher, did anyone consider that perhaps Boulware could come in and replace Babin on Blitz packages. Peek is not a secret anymore, at least with the teams that already played us, so I am sure he may see his share of double teams this year. Babin, although a very good tackler with good speed didn't show pass rushing skill at times last year. Putting Boulware on one end and Peek on the other could present some match up problems favoring our front 7.

Also the benefit of Peek learning from a Pro Bowler could be priceless for years to come.

I say what the heck, pull the deal off.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005   #89
The Preacher
Veteran

It would be nice if he would sign for cheap knowing he would play more here. I just wonder if all our young talent is enough to entice someone to do that with only a few years left and wanting to make a championship run. Probably not.
The Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005   #90
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Preacher
It would be nice if he would sign for cheap knowing he would play more here. I just wonder if all our young talent is enough to entice someone to do that with only a few years left and wanting to make a championship run. Probably not.
Yeah, I think of that too and the more I think about it, the more I continue to think this visit to us as just a starting point to see what is being offered. The only real hope we have is if these other teams that are headed for a championship are willing to gamble on him too.
Old 05-18-2005   #91
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

We are probably just his "Stalking Horse" for negotiations with the SeaChickens.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005   #92
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

One of the members on the HPF board put it best: We're like the decent looking girl that you're nice too just in case the hot girl says she doesn't want to go to the prom with you...
D-ReK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005   #93
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

haha thats funny. And its sad but true. Of course, alot of other teams get used as well.

But damn Orlando for doing it to us.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005   #94
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano
Considering everyone is looking for Boulware to be a 3rd down rusher, did anyone consider that perhaps Boulware could come in and replace Babin on Blitz packages. Peek is not a secret anymore, at least with the teams that already played us, so I am sure he may see his share of double teams this year. Babin, although a very good tackler with good speed didn't show pass rushing skill at times last year.
Babin has more career sacks as a rookie than the 3 year veteran Peek.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005   #95
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
I know but I am just trying to add another reason why signing someone of Boulware's magnitude would benefit us. Using the fact that Babin has more sacks than Peek just makes it even more interesting because then you could have Boulware opposite Babin and that could draw double teams also. I just thought of that scenario because in my opinion I would rather double Peek than Babin if I were an opposing coach.

But really if you add the Dline into that mix, with the addition of Johnson, it really could benefit more for the Dlineman to have Boulware because it would mean alot more pressure up the middle.
Old 05-18-2005   #96
royce1054
All Pro

Send a message via MSN to royce1054 Send a message via Yahoo to royce1054

To be honest my biggest question about him was answered when he passed his physical with flying colors. I am for bringing him now. Wheither its 3rd down only or taking a job from Peek i think he can be a great addition now. He will bring a pass rush that is badly needed on this team
royce1054 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005   #97
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

I think its a great idea as well. You have to also worry about depth. How are you going to feel if Peek gets hurt? Who would play ROLB? D.D. Acholonu?

I would rather have Boulware, and as a backup, Peek. But thats just me.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005   #98
TopTexanFan16
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
Hows that fair to compare a rookie STARTER to a 3 year veteran who isnt a starter. i think peek has amazing potential and he should be played. Boulware is an amazing player but we just cut all our old guys why bring in another? and peek IMHO will be the next best OLB in the 3-4 i like him alot.
Old 05-18-2005   #99
royce1054
All Pro

Send a message via MSN to royce1054 Send a message via Yahoo to royce1054

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC_ROCK
I think its a great idea as well. You have to also worry about depth. How are you going to feel if Peek gets hurt? Who would play ROLB? D.D. Acholonu?

I would rather have Boulware, and as a backup, Peek. But thats just me.

I agree with you!!!!! I say go get him and let them play it out in camp for the starting positions see who wants it more
royce1054 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005   #100
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopTexanFan16
Hows that fair to compare a rookie STARTER to a 3 year veteran who isnt a starter. i think peek has amazing potential and he should be played. Boulware is an amazing player but we just cut all our old guys why bring in another? and peek IMHO will be the next best OLB in the 3-4 i like him alot.
Easy, he has had 2 years to make the starting lineup. Babin has more sacks in one year than Peek has in his career so far. If you can't show you can play in practice you won't get many chances on the field.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read