Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 04-27-2012   #21
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21345 aussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: My dark horses

76, did you do any work on Brian quick??
I have my thoughts on him, i like him at the end of the 2nd start of the 3rd?
what are your thoughts on him??
aussie_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012   #22
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81730 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie_texan View Post
76, did you do any work on Brian quick??
I have my thoughts on him, i like him at the end of the 2nd start of the 3rd?
what are your thoughts on him??
I did talk about him some time ago.
Thing is, there's a bunch of receivers out there that I also like.
Now that the first round is done with, there are still a ton of talents left, the Texans may not even have to draft a receiver in the second.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012   #23
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81730 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
He's got hard hands ... really raw ... but geez looks like he's got a wicked "other gear"!
That's exactly what I thought.
Old 04-28-2012   #24
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 264510 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Dale Moss signed with Packers.
Burris is a raider.
Pearcy signed with Falcons.
Mayo signed with Raiders.

Last edited by Playoffs; 04-29-2012 at 10:04 AM.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012   #25
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Dale Moss signed with Packers.
Burris is a raider.
Pearcy signed with Falcons.
Mayo signed with Raiders.
Man, I wished the Texans had brought in Moss and Pearcy.

Also, Adrien Robinson was signed in the fourth by the Bengals.
Old 05-07-2012   #26
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Now that the first round is done with, there are still a ton of talents left, the Texans may not even have to draft a receiver in the second.
good call

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012   #27
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
good call
Well, so far I'm only correct on the fact that the Texans didn't draft a receiver in the second round.

Whether the guys drafted in the third or later will develop into NFL talents remains to be seen.
Sponsored links
Old 05-08-2012   #28
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Well, so far I'm only correct on the fact that the Texans didn't draft a receiver in the second round.

Whether the guys drafted in the third or later will develop into NFL talents remains to be seen.
point is, with evaluation grades all over the place, risk reward was greater in the 3rd & 4th rounds inside Texan War Room

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012   #29
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
point is, with evaluation grades all over the place, risk reward was greater in the 3rd & 4th rounds inside Texan War Room
Is it correct that Posey was the #10 receiver drafted and Martin the 19th?
21 receivers drafted in the first 4 rounds.
That seems like a lot, doesn't it?
Old 06-08-2012   #30
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Don't think I have time for a few more dark horses I wanted to spend more time on, so I will just present you with the last one: Adrien Robinson, TE, Cinn

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...2012&genpos=TE

If this guy can be had in the 6th as nfldraftscout indicate, I will be very happy.
I don't see Fleener when we have OD and Graham and Casey on the team.
There are a few TEs that intrigue, including Hanna (Okl) that Rey mentioned.
The guy from SMU, etc...

I see Robinson as a better value later for the Texans.

A couple years ago, I recommended Brandon Myers over Anthony Hill.
An excellent blocker that can give you a few important catches here and there.

Robinson is a bigger guy that is also more athletic.
He can block in line; he can block when going into motion across the backfield; he can block downfield (notice his speed and other measurables).
And he can do it with a "mean streak".

His catching ability was not utilized enough at Cincy.
You just need to watch a couple of his limited highlights to see that he can climb the ladder and he can adjust to the ball (again, refer back to his measurables for confirmation).

I think he can complement the guys we already have very well, for cheap (hopefully).
The words out of New York is that Robinson has been impressive.
Some even think that the Giants had striked gold.

In order to take Robinson (who went #32 in the 4th), the Texans would have had to forego either KM (#26) or Crick (#31).
It's a tough call.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read