Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-24-2012   #101
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Is Demeco pulling a Mario?

MARIO SAID THERE ARE DEERS IN HIS BACKYARD thats AMAZING !!!!!!!!!!!
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012   #102
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4457 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid View Post
Some of you people need to lighten up and get a sense of humor. If you couldnt tell that was tongue in cheek, there is something wrong with you.

I mean for christ sake.. I am doing the exact same thing that I am accusing yankees of doing in my post :P

And Imatexan.. ive lived in Houston all my life, and I think you need to open your eyes.

The Astrodome is still standing and for the reasons that Demeco stated..amongst others. And houston does have a high percentage of Cowboy and Titan fans. They dont outnumber Texan fans I would think, but they would probably outnumber Steeler fans in Philly.

The Texans are a new team without much history. We were just excited to hit the playoffs and didnt get all that upset for not getting to the superbowl.

Houston is an incredibly spread out city. The largest city in the western hemisphere when it comes to how spread out it is.

Where exactly am I turning a blind eye here?

Geez.. get over it people. Demeco said nothing wrong. The only thing in that article worth getting your panties in a twist about is the tone that the writer set. He is the one that makes Demeco's comments seem like they are implied insults.
1. No we don't have the Liberty Bell but acting like the Astrodome is the only place of any historical significant is inaccurate. San Jacinto monument? NASA? Historical Galveston?

2.The Texans have a very passionate fan base, I don't know why I need to even state this on a Texans message board. I am not denying that there are many Cowboys fans but to say that "some people are Texans fans" is wrong, more inaccurate "facts".

3. Largest city in the Western Hemisphere? I know you don't mean population so you must mean by land area, in which case in the continuous 48 States for larger cities Jacksonville and OKC are larger.
Also I can tell you living in LA that Houston is big but nothing compared to how LA never ends.

It does not take 20 minutes to get anywhere unless you live in the suburbs and I am sure that if you lived in the suburbs of Philly it would be the same. When I was living in Houston inside the loop I could easily get to anywhere I needed to go within 10 minutes. I mean where do you need to go, work? Grocery Stores? Restaurants? Movies? Sports stadiums? Shopping? Medical facilities?

He also states "no real downtown"...another false statement.
I mean you would think 3 professional sports stadiums, the second largest theater district in the US, concert venues, local government, shopping, parks, food, key business center, I could go on...

I don't see the need to defend Demeco. All we showed him was love and I am not saying that he is bashing and hating Houston but what he says to someone who has never been could paint an inaccurate picture.
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012   #103
pec0sb0b
on the lam

Rep Power: 2716 pec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respected

Just wait 'til the Eagles fans start throwing batteries or ice at him.
Old 04-24-2012   #104
Premier
All Pro

Rep Power: 8248 Premier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
my father used to live in conroe when i was a little kid, you would see the same thing,

----------------
demeco was saying he was getting recognized at the 76ers game, something hes never experienced here.. i saw the video on CSNPhilly, they put him on the jumbotron and announced Eagllllllllles new middle linebackerrrrrrr Duhh-Meeeeecooo Ryansssssss.. then everyone started clapping and the people around him started shaking his hand.. this is some bs. demeco said their fans were educated about football, i remember on boards across the web, eagles fans saying "yeah we finally got a MLB", then shortly asking, "who the f is demeco ryans?"..
Old 04-24-2012   #105
Txn_in_Oki
Lucky 13

Rep Power: 24148 Txn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Ryans is right, a good number of fans in Houston are good with just making the playoffs.
I don't buy that. I think Texan fans were happy with making the playoffs because they had a 3d string QB running the show. Also a decade of mediocrity will make you appreciate the small things your team does right. No way are we "satisfied" with a trip to the playoffs.

Throwing trash and booing your team isn't going to do anything in the long run or the short term. Being an a-hole doesn't make you a great fan.
Old 04-24-2012   #106
Premier
All Pro

Rep Power: 8248 Premier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respected

whenever the eagles play in reliant we should boo and throw batteries at demeco, show him how passionate we are..
Old 04-24-2012   #107
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 75563 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Premier View Post
whenever the eagles play in reliant we should boo and throw batteries at demeco, show him how passionate we are..
But we're too classy for that. Play nice!

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-24-2012   #108
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 200326 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
When we lived in Pennsylvania, there were deer all over the place. They were extremely thick (and dangerous) through New Jersey.

What really surprised me when I lived up there was how freaking rural everything is. I'd always imagined the north as one giant factory with concrete covering everything. But it's actually very... natural. Lots of forests and woodlands.

A friend of mine lives up near Woodstock, NY, and it's like being out in the country in Texas. Except with more snow.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012   #109
rolyat93
Veteran

Rep Power: 2303 rolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respected

Of course he's going to talk up the place he plays at now. No foul here, he's just trying to get the fans over there on his side, wish him the best.
rolyat93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012   #110
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 235494 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Those aren't deer -- those are guys dressed up like deer hoping to burglarize his house. They're all over the city of brotherly love.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012   #111
KA4Texan
C27A

Rep Power: 5487 KA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txn_in_ROK View Post
I don't buy that. I think Texan fans were happy with making the playoffs because they had a 3d string QB running the show. Also a decade of mediocrity will make you appreciate the small things your team does right. No way are we "satisfied" with a trip to the playoffs.

Throwing trash and booing your team isn't going to do anything in the long run or the short term. Being an a-hole doesn't make you a great fan.
This, I was THRILLED they made the playoffs with Schaub out, considering I was cursing thinking it was all over when he went down.

The fact is, being REAL about situations and not flipping out like a child, throwing trash, flipping cars, rioting etc.... all the things that these "passionate/educated" fans do, does not mean you accept and strive for mediocrity.

My expectations are no less than the SB this time around, they have shown me by last season they have it in them (and with all the "adversity", so YES I was thrilled) anything less this season.... is unacceptable. I will remain a fan of my team no matter what, but anything less than that and someone better be gone. (Yes, no excuses SB or gone)

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read