Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-23-2012   #81
Fili
All Pro

Rep Power: 3890 Fili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Is Demeco pulling a Mario?

Who cares if he likes another team, he's getting paid for doing something he loves...
Old 04-23-2012   #82
Hagar
Drink up yall, its the Texans!

Rep Power: 8880 Hagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respected

I didn't see anything wrong with the article or anything Demeco said. He's going to have to get used to Phili because it is very different then Houston.

I will say that I prefer Phili fans to Texan fans. When there's more Steeler fans in Reliant then Texans fans, its a problem. Yeah, I know the Steeler fans travel well, but I don't care; it still a problem. You would never see that many fans from another team is Phili.
Hagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012   #83
Premier
All Pro

Rep Power: 8248 Premier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagar View Post
When there's more Steeler fans in Reliant then Texans fans, its a problem.
smh, not even close to being true..

you believe that there were 35,000+ steeler fans at Reliant..
Old 04-23-2012   #84
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Rather than wasting our time talking about this subject here , I think we would be better served if TC (or more aptly John McLaim & Boobies) would blog about it an post it on the Crapical ..... (No offense to TC).

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012   #85
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

Lets be clear here. Demeco is simply stating facts. Nothing Demeco said is inaccurate. And though some of it may sting (like Cowboy fans in Houston).. it is unfortunately true, and he didnt say it to belittle anyone.

The whole "Houston is such a po-dunk P.O.S. city" vibe that the article gives off can be 100% attributed to the writer. This is obviously a yankee snob that feels the need to validate himself by pissing on southern cities.

Dont blame Demeco for the tone that some ********* writer set to his words. The sad fact of the matter is that people up north lack the moral fiber of southerners. Where we would try to avoid belittling northerners when given the opportunity because "thats just not how our mommas raised us", yankees tend to embrace that kind of callous disregard for others.

I figure that they just lack empathy with their fellow man due to their mothers being crack hoes and their daddy slinging rock on mainstreet. We shouldnt let them get under our skin, if anything we should pity them for their lack of humanity.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012   #86
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4457 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid View Post
Lets be clear here. Demeco is simply stating facts. Nothing Demeco said is inaccurate. And though some of it may sting (like Cowboy fans in Houston).. it is unfortunately true, and he didnt say it to belittle anyone.

The whole "Houston is such a po-dunk P.O.S. city" vibe that the article gives off can be 100% attributed to the writer. This is obviously a yankee snob that feels the need to validate himself by pissing on southern cities.

Dont blame Demeco for the tone that some ********* writer set to his words. The sad fact of the matter is that people up north lack the moral fiber of southerners. Where we would try to avoid belittling northerners when given the opportunity because "thats just not how our mommas raised us", yankees tend to embrace that kind of callous disregard for others.

I figure that they just lack empathy with their fellow man due to their mothers being crack hoes and their daddy slinging rock on mainstreet. We shouldnt let them get under our skin, if anything we should pity them for their lack of humanity.

Have you ever lived in the city of Houston?

Either you havn't or you are blind to your surroundings, he is not stating facts at all.

I will agree that the writer turns the article more into a jab at Houston compared to just Demecos quotes.
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012   #87
Grams 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 23440 Grams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid View Post

I figure that they just lack empathy with their fellow man due to their mothers being crack hoes and their daddy slinging rock on mainstreet. We shouldnt let them get under our skin, if anything we should pity them for their lack of humanity
I am a "yankee" and I don't believe that I have ever said that about southerners or Texans. I sure don't make nasty comments about one's mother and father.

Maybe you need to look in the mirror as you just did what you say only "yankees" do.
Old 04-24-2012   #88
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

Some of you people need to lighten up and get a sense of humor. If you couldnt tell that was tongue in cheek, there is something wrong with you.

I mean for christ sake.. I am doing the exact same thing that I am accusing yankees of doing in my post :P

And Imatexan.. ive lived in Houston all my life, and I think you need to open your eyes.

The Astrodome is still standing and for the reasons that Demeco stated..amongst others. And houston does have a high percentage of Cowboy and Titan fans. They dont outnumber Texan fans I would think, but they would probably outnumber Steeler fans in Philly.

The Texans are a new team without much history. We were just excited to hit the playoffs and didnt get all that upset for not getting to the superbowl.

Houston is an incredibly spread out city. The largest city in the western hemisphere when it comes to how spread out it is.

Where exactly am I turning a blind eye here?

Geez.. get over it people. Demeco said nothing wrong. The only thing in that article worth getting your panties in a twist about is the tone that the writer set. He is the one that makes Demeco's comments seem like they are implied insults.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012   #89
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72184 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
How many Super Bowls has that gotten Philly?
They've gotten to 2. Lost in what was one of the most exciting SB's ever. McNabb throwing up on the last drive certianly didn't help the cause.

They made it to 4 straight NFC championship games. If it wasn't for McNabb they would probably won a SB or 2. (A couple of those yrs they had the best team in the NFL. IMHO) Which is why McNabb got run out of town.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012   #90
TexansFight
All Pro

Rep Power: 2293 TexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respected

The writer of that article is on crack if he thinks Philly has one of best downtowns in this country. There is the Liberty Bell and Independence Hall and not much else.

I spent 4 years in that ****hole of a city going to college. I couldn't wait to leave. No other city in the world that I have been to comes close in terms of the number of *******s/jerks you come across in Philly during a normal day. Houston is a million times better place to live. There is a lot more to do in Houston and he will find out that there are lot nicer places in Houston close to stuff to do than in Philly where he will most likely live in the suburbs
TexansFight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012   #91
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

I love the east coast. But I love southern cities too.

I think each place has it's pluses and minuses.

I haven't spent too much time out west other than Vegas, but I'm pretty sure there are positives and negatives to being out there too.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012   #92
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFight View Post
The writer of that article is on crack if he thinks Philly has one of best downtowns in this country. There is the Liberty Bell and Independence Hall and not much else.

I spent 4 years in that ****hole of a city going to college. I couldn't wait to leave. No other city in the world that I have been to comes close in terms of the number of *******s/jerks you come across in Philly during a normal day. Houston is a million times better place to live. There is a lot more to do in Houston and he will find out that there are lot nicer places in Houston close to stuff to do than in Philly where he will most likely live in the suburbs
When I read the book by Gaurnere and Heffron (Band of Brothers soldiers), who are both from South Philly, I really picked up on what their view on life is: Philly is the best and everybody else NOT from Philly is a chump.

It's woven throughout the whole book, which was written in their voice (the words are taken from interviews with Bill Guarnere and Babe Heffron and reproduced in its full entirety with no editing by the author).

Those two guys talked smack on everybody. Well, they had respect for Dick Winters but they still found ways to make sure we know that they (Bill and Babe) were still wise to the ways of the military world and could look out for themselves.

When Heffron joined Easy Company after Normandy, Bill heard Heffron talking to somebody and said "Hey you. where you from?" When Heffron replied South Philly, Bill replied that he could tell just from listening to him that he was from South Philly. Bill, IIRC, said it was more than just the accent....it was the way Babe carried himself, the way he projected himself while talking to someone, etc. It was more than an accent, it was the whole package...it was the attitude.

Switching gears now. Houston, when I visited it back during the Raiders game in 2011, seemed very multi-ethnic. Greeks, Asians, Latino, German, it seemed their were pockets of diversity sprinkled throughout the whole city of Houston and with lots of ethnicity jumbled up together--There would be a Greek deli, an Asian food place, and a pizza/pasta house in the same small strip mall...in the middle of a very white collar neighborhood.

I would suspect that Philly's ethnicity is not as diverse and celebrated. But I have never visited there before, so I don't know for sure. It seems like it would contain more Irish and other traditionally white cultures. Is this right, or do they have a diverse ethnic population?

When in Houston, it seemed to me that diversity was everywhere...not just in a downtown area.
Old 04-24-2012   #93
JamesBill
Veteran

Rep Power: 3834 JamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nero THE zero View Post
It's really irrelevant whether it's 10, 15, or 20 minutes, since the point is that the city is spread out with no true "center."

But, you must be foreign to the traffic ITL. When I lived in the Heights it took me 25-30 minutes to drive the 7 mile drive to work in Greenway Plaza everyday.
I rarely leave the loop. I have no idea why it takes you guys so long to get places. Someone talked about construction downtown, the only construction I can think of is on capitol and the road is still open.
JamesBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012   #94
Section516 
Warrior

Rep Power: 7822 Section516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesBill View Post
I rarely leave the loop. I have no idea why it takes you guys so long to get places. Someone talked about construction downtown, the only construction I can think of is on capitol and the road is still open.
I live inside the loop, frequent down town, work mid town. Rarely leave the loop also.

I leave Memorial Park between 5:05 and 5:15 and make it to 288/610 within 15 minutes. Prime rush hour.

Gotta learn the right way to go!
Old 04-24-2012   #95
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69152 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesBill View Post

You must not go anywhere near the galleria, the heights or washington because Ive lived around all and worked around the galleria for over 10 years and you clearly dont get out much if you dont understand the traffic issues or length of time to get places around houston
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012   #96
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

DeMeco was right: You guys should be as passionate about football as you are about arguing over traffic patterns.

Old 04-24-2012   #97
JamesBill
Veteran

Rep Power: 3834 JamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Section516 View Post
I live inside the loop, frequent down town, work mid town. Rarely leave the loop also.

I leave Memorial Park between 5:05 and 5:15 and make it to 288/610 within 15 minutes. Prime rush hour.

Gotta learn the right way to go!
Pretty much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012Champs View Post
You must not go anywhere near the galleria, the heights or washington because Ive lived around all and worked around the galleria for over 10 years and you clearly dont get out much if you dont understand the traffic issues or length of time to get places around houston
I work downtown and go to Washington almost everyday. If you hit an accident and are stuck, I agree it blows but getting around the inner loop is fine. It's all the guys heading out to SL and MoCity that are in hardcore traffic.
JamesBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012   #98
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 282778 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
I would suspect that Philly's ethnicity is not as diverse and celebrated. But I have never visited there before, so I don't know for sure. It seems like it would contain more Irish and other traditionally white cultures. Is this right, or do they have a diverse ethnic population?
I was curious after reading your post, and here is what I found:

Philadelphia demographics:
44.2% Black
39.0% White
5.4% Asian
4.7% from other races
3.2% Mixed Race
0.2% Native American
0.05% Pacific Islander
12.5% of the population were Hispanic and Latino

Red is White, Blue is Black, Green is Asian, Orange is Hispanic, Gray is Other, and each dot is 25 people.

Houston demographics:
49.3% White (including Hispanic or Latino)
25.3% Black
16.5% from other races
5.3% Asian
3.2% from two or more races
0.4% Native American
0.1% Pacific Islander
3.2% Mixed Race
37% Hispanic or Latino of any race

Red is White, Blue is Black, Green is Asian, Orange is Hispanic, Yellow is Other, and each dot is 25 residents.
Old 04-24-2012   #99
GP 
Go Texans!

Wow. Philly almost doubled up on Black vs. Houston's percentage.

Houston tripled up on Latino/Hispanic vs. Philly.

Lots of interesting things there! It seems Houston has White/Black/Hispanic vs. Philly's Black/White.

I would have figured Houston had way more Asian population than what your figures displayed, but it's a virtual deadlock with Philly (5.3% vs. 5.4%).

The difference is the amount of Hispanic in Houston. With Houston's large Hispanic population, it makes Houston more diverse than Philly, IMO. That's three major, distinct cultures in Houston vs. two in Philly.

Houston wins! WE WON SOMETHING! LOL.
Old 04-24-2012   #100
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

umm we got like 2 or 3 downtown streets ........

and maybe not in the city but the state there is Pittsburg and pats fans all over the place its a mixture

just like here Dallas and New orleans
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read