Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-23-2012   #41
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17337 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Is Demeco pulling a Mario?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesBill View Post
That like 5-6 miles. You guys must drive like old ladies.
It's really irrelevant whether it's 10, 15, or 20 minutes, since the point is that the city is spread out with no true "center."

But, you must be foreign to the traffic ITL. When I lived in the Heights it took me 25-30 minutes to drive the 7 mile drive to work in Greenway Plaza everyday.
Old 04-23-2012   #42
gwallaia

Rep Power: 63494 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

For all the tradition he talks about the Eagles having, they have the same number of Super Bowl trophies that we do.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012   #43
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

I think, too, that the new guy will try and reciprocate the love back to the fans of his new team.

It's like a coded signal to the fans that "Hey, I am glad to be here. Right back at ya'."

In trying to make his new fans feel loved, the player has to sort of get a dig into his old team. "I liked where I was at, but I am going to LOVE it here with you guys!" It's P.R. at its finest.

The payoff, for the player, is the day when he takes the field for his new team and all that P.R. work culminates into loud cheers.

We have a need to feel included, accepted, and the NFL player will go through adjustments in routine, living conditions, cultural mores, etc. Therefore, he's strutting and posing for his new neighbors and hoping they let him into the circle with open arms. It's like transferring from one elementary school to another...you have to figure out who the cool kids are, who the outcasts are, which teachers are strict, which teachers are not, etc.

I say this because he is obviously wondering what it's like in a new place, what it's like to practice with a different team. DeMeco is very smart. I think he was the smartest guy on the whole team, actually. He explained himself in a way that I think it would be hard to pick it apart...but you know he's standing his ground on his feelings, too.

JJ Watt, IMO, is now the new smartest guy in the Texans room. With 'Meco gone, it allows JJ Watt to enter into that full time role of leader of the D.
Old 04-23-2012   #44
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 165989 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Demeco may want to have this available for when he misses some key tackles in Philly. Flying bottles from the stands won't get through

CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012   #45
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 18132 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
Wrong. There are a ton of Cowboys fans in Philly. I have lived in both places and can safely say he is going to start missing Texas. That historic area is nice when you visit however once that wears off you have to start living there.

Also he would be better off in the "burbs" in Philly tool. Pennsylvania has some real nice / pretty areas and downtown Philly is not one of them.
I don't know man, Downtown Philly was pretty cool when I went a few years ago. It's like a mini New York. A ton of redevelopment has gone on. But Meco is acting like Philly doesn't have suburbs either. People commute thirty plus minutes there, too. Houston has some cool things. It's just not an old dense city like Philly, even though areas like the Loop are getting that way. He didn't really say things that aren't true. Houston is a huge transplant city, so there are more fans from other teams here than in Philly. The Texans are definitely making their mark now.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012   #46
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Is Demeco pulling a Mario?

LOL if he had said:

Quote:
Philly fans? Yeah, they're pretty psycho. I'll be scared to be on the field when we are losing and will put my family into protective custody.

The city of Houston is the bomb, but, well, I guess I'm stuck in Philly, for now.
To reiterate, the article was not written for us.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012   #47
Stemp
Brew Master

Section: Sec 118 Row H
Rep Power: 45235 Stemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respected

Most of the incendiary comments are from the author and not Demeco, so I don't fault him. But like others have said, he better be all and more than what they are expecting or the fans will turn on him in a heartbeat.
Stemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-23-2012   #48
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Well damn! I logged onto this thread expecting you guys to rip Meco a new one, but, to my surprise, you didn't do that. CONGRATS to all of you for accepting the article at face value, which is nothing more than some sports guy from Philly trying to stir the pot!

Meco is a classy guy and doesn't need to be in the same sentence as Mario. He is embracing his new city, as he should, and moving on. I wish him the BEST!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012   #49
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 75563 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
This article is written to make Philadelphians and Eagle fans feel better about themselves and to sell newspapers. No reason for us Texans or Texans fans to read it unless you want to get pissed off for some reason. DeMeco is going to say what makes his new fans happy. It is what it is. The only thing I even care to comment on is comparing fans of an 80 year franchise to a 10 year franchise. Did DeMeco really think everyone in Texas was going to instantly become a Texans fan? That takes generations.
Didn't take me that long.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012   #50
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 62963 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Oh well, its his personal opinion, while I dont agree with it... what are ya gonna do?

Edit: If he starts messing up, I have a feeling he wont have all this love for Philly.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS PUSHED IT
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012   #51
markn
Veteran

Rep Power: 17549 markn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respected

Give meco a break. He's been dumped by his high-school sweetheart and found 'love' in the arms of a skanky old hooker.
markn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012   #52
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80468 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

oi...houston fans and our inferiority complex
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012   #53
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 55298 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

If Demeco wants to commend the Eagles' management style for consistent playoff appearances, then he can't blame the Texans' FO for practicing the same shrewdness which got him traded.

The writer suggests that Demeco wasn't appreciated here. He either didn't do any research, or he willfully omitted the part where Smith re-signed Ryans to a big extension a year early.

I understand the rest of Demeco's comments, though. They are honest, and getting traded must be an ego-bruiser. A player needs to convince himself of greener pastures in order to keep his confidence up, and that sometimes requires devaluing the memories of your former home.

Quote:
Ryans, now 100 percent recovered from a 2010 ruptured Achilles, said he had a blast last week, the first week Eagles players were allowed to participate in supervised workouts at the NovaCare Complex, and he can’t wait to move forward in OTA’s, minicamps, training camp and -- in just over four months -- his first real game as a Philadelphia Eagle.
Thanks to CnD, most people who read these forums know that players recover from this injury 80% at best. So much for the knowledgeable Philly fanbase.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012   #54
sakebomb
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1859 sakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respected

Half of our stadium is yelling/cheering while our offense is on the field. That should tell you everything you need to know.
Old 04-23-2012   #55
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 16683 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Wish he would have said how much this city's fan base sucks ass. I'll take this tho.
Old 04-23-2012   #56
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 200326 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Ryans is right, a good number of fans in Houston are good with just making the playoffs. That's not good enough for Philly fans. I wish Texans fans held management to the same level of expectations that Philly fans do. I mean 9-7 was trumpeted as some sort of accomplihment by BoB/Rick/Gary. That would be considered a disappointment in Philly.

As far as living in Philthy-delphia good luck with that DeMeco. Hope you survive the random drive-bys,Cold weather/run down city experience.
How many Super Bowls has that gotten Philly?
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012   #57
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

Says the guy from Bessemer, Alabama. He's an Eagle now. Like many have said, wait until he doesn't perform to Philly's expectations. They boo Santa Claus and cheer when injured players get hurt.

Good Luck in Philly DeMeco, I'll be rooting for you when you play the Cowboys.

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012   #58
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 53313 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Saying Philly has the Liberty Bell and Houston has, uh, well, the Astrodome I guess.....c'mon, if that wasn't a backhanded comment.....

Also, as someone who lived in Philly, yeah, they have very passionate fans....uneducated and react at the wrong times about the wrong stuff and heym they had to have a jail in the old vet stadium so they must be better fans.......sorry, doing a certain motion to that notion.....

I'm not pissed or something necessarily, but IMO anyway, he wasn't making some pleasant observation with birds chirping and the sun shining...he knew what was being said between the lines. Time to clean the sand out over being dumped.

Into black waves I am sinking,Drowning away from the ghosts,Disappearing into eternity,Into the mirror of my soul,The pounding sound is mesmerizing
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012   #59
rush2112mn
All Pro

Rep Power: 972 rush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respected
Post Re: Is Demeco pulling a Mario?

Have fun with that snow Demeco.
There are Cowboy fans in every town......even in Philly......
rush2112mn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012   #60
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14152 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Hope he produces then.

Not sure what it is about the author though. Houston loves it's football...no it's not Greenbay crazy or even Cowboy crazy Or Steeler crazy but those teams have had a lot of success in the NFL...if these guys can win then it will come...still this city sells out all of the games and supports the team even through the bad years.
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read