Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-23-2012   #21
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16635 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: [PFT] Team needs: Houston Texans

lets put it this way has long has J Jones stays on this roster WR is not has big has a need has yall think

anywho texans needs

Tackle- Butler will come in just find but since hes moving up we need new depth behind him in case one of our tackles goes down we dont have no one behind them

Tight end - A grantuee u unless the coaches see something in garrett and our other rookie TE there going to get another TE they love running two tight end sets

FUllback- I know u never draft a FB waste of pick but hey wee need a more traditonal FB if the move casey to a more TE role or just a hybrid FB I dont know what there going to do here

then we got

OLB- makes sense we lost mario lost depth

-NT---i know wade does not like Monster Nose tackles but the ability to switch out the different style NT would be nice

SS-- after Quinn there is not much behind him i think this is a need

so thats my 6 need picks
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012   #22
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 160949 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
Brice McCain is a great Nickle. I wouldn't want him moved to the outside. I would hope that one of the young guys step up, and look to pick up a vet possibly after the draft and June 1st cuts. I'm jump all over Bentley though should he fall to us in the 2nd. I know we have other needs, but I really like this kid. McCain needs to stay where he's at and remain on the inside. He's found his niche in the league. Now isn't the time to mess with it.

I actually agree with GP. I'm thinking that if we go WR in the 1st round we're going to be reaching. I think we'll get much more value with an OL or OLB/DE with that pick. Stephen Hill is probably the only guy that would intrigue me if we chose to go WR. The more I'm hearing about Wright, the more I say stay away. I could care less about his 40 time, but the fact that he got out of shape during the most important time of his life is a big red flag. I'm going out on a limb and say we're drafting Courtney Upshaw at 26. I have a feeling that he's going to slide, and he'd step in and provide us with a young group of pass rushers that's unmatched by anyone else in the league.
I have OLB down my list of priorities but if we got Upshaw #26 that would be killer. I loved to watch him play. He can tackle sideline to sideline.
Old 04-24-2012   #23
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 209048 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Brice McCain is a great Nickle. I wouldn't want him moved to the outside. I would hope that one of the young guys step up, and look to pick up a vet possibly after the draft and June 1st cuts. I'm jump all over Bentley though should he fall to us in the 2nd. I know we have other needs, but I really like this kid. McCain needs to stay where he's at and remain on the inside. He's found his niche in the league. Now isn't the time to mess with it.
I agree with this statement completely .... which is why I wouldnt complain about the team taking a corner in the early rounds , tho I would prefer a vet.

Quote:
I actually agree with GP. I'm thinking that if we go WR in the 1st round we're going to be reaching. I think we'll get much more value with an OL or OLB/DE with that pick. Stephen Hill is probably the only guy that would intrigue me if we chose to go WR. The more I'm hearing about Wright, the more I say stay away. I could care less about his 40 time, but the fact that he got out of shape during the most important time of his life is a big red flag. I'm going out on a limb and say we're drafting Courtney Upshaw at 26. I have a feeling that he's going to slide, and he'd step in and provide us with a young group of pass rushers that's unmatched by anyone else in the league.
It looks like some of those WR's will be around in the second , no need to take one unless someone slips that we didnt see being available.

I can see them taking an OG or OT in round one or trading back for a 2nd+.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012   #24
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Personally I don't think it's as much about McCain being in the nickel position as it is about him being matched up with smaller receivers which happen to be the slot receiver most times.

If a team puts a bigger receiver in the slot or a TE I think he'd struggle with that match-up based on what I've seen out of him in the past.

I think if he has learned to defend bigger guys he could play outside on a regular basis.

Personally, I'd like to have a nickel corner that was a bit more dynamic. Not that McCain doesn't have his niche on the team, but I'd like to see a guy play there that could blitz, be more physical at the LOS AND cover.

McCain is really athletic and he improved his coverage skills last year, so if he's the nickel for the foreseeable future hopefully he continues to get better because I think teams will start doing different things against him because so far he's been a one trick pony though he's done that trick pretty well.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012   #25
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16635 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

hopefully one of thoes ttop 10 tackles but not likey on everyone mock draft they got like 5 tackles going in front of us **** alot of other teams must need tackles 2
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012   #26
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31529 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Personally I don't think it's as much about McCain being in the nickel position as it is about him being matched up with smaller receivers which happen to be the slot receiver most times.

If a team puts a bigger receiver in the slot or a TE I think he'd struggle with that match-up based on what I've seen out of him in the past.

I think if he has learned to defend bigger guys he could play outside on a regular basis.

Personally, I'd like to have a nickel corner that was a bit more dynamic. Not that McCain doesn't have his niche on the team, but I'd like to see a guy play there that could blitz, be more physical at the LOS AND cover.

McCain is really athletic and he improved his coverage skills last year, so if he's the nickel for the foreseeable future hopefully he continues to get better because I think teams will start doing different things against him because so far he's been a one trick pony though he's done that trick pretty well.
I agree with you in saying that preferably you'd like to have guys with a little more versatility playing Nickle but its honestly a hard role for a lot of teams to fill. Just look at the Patriots. They've had to use 4 receivers that I can think of in that spot. McCain's strength is his quickness and change of direction. That suits him well playing inside. If you move him outside I think some of his weaknesses would be exposed. I'm just not big on tinkering with a guy once he's found something he's gotten pretty damn good at. He seems to be comfortable there after some rough patches his first couple of years. I'd like to see how he can grow and expand more at the Nickel with a full offseason.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read