Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 05-12-2005   #1
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 251959 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Colts getting them some Field Turf

Looks like the Colts are going to Field Turf in the RCA Dome.

Field Turf for 2005

That's one less game we play on Astroturf so I'm pleased with this. Now if the Texans would just get over their obsession with a natural grass field and go buy some for Reliant Stadium I'd be in hog heaven.

Reliant looks best with blue endzones
Old 05-12-2005   #2
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel
Reliant looks best with blue endzones
Agreed.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005   #3
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

I loved the Blue Endzones.... BRING EM BACK!!!
Tailgate is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005   #4
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 336338 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel
Now if the Texans would just get over their obsession with a natural grass field and go buy some for Reliant Stadium I'd be in hog heaven.
The Texans polled the players last year about FieldTurf, which they have in the practice bubble, and something like 95% of them said keep the grass. I don't understand when football became such a squeeky clean sport that everyone hates a little dirt showing on the field.
Old 05-13-2005   #5
texanfan2002114 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 614 texanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak
The Texans polled the players last year about FieldTurf, which they have in the practice bubble, and something like 95% of them said keep the grass. I don't understand when football became such a squeeky clean sport that everyone hates a little dirt showing on the field.
Also the NFL polled all the players and Reliant ranked 4th as the best field in the NFL.
texanfan2002114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005   #6
F-minus67
Hall of Fame

Why would the colt switch? I thought that they got a lot of speed from the turf.
Old 05-13-2005   #7
thegr8fan
All Pro

Rep Power: 667 thegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I thought that they got a lot of speed from the turf
they also got alot of injuries. They have Field Turf on their practice facility already. Perhaps they just want to play on the same type surface as they practice on. Their offense is alot of timing based patterns so the different surfaces may cause them some problems in this area.

the Colts are putting the finishing touches on a deal for a new stadium also and talking about getting the field turf now and moving it into the stadium when it is built.
thegr8fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-13-2005   #8
F-minus67
Hall of Fame

I wonder if Freeney we be slowed down?
Old 05-13-2005   #9
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by F-minus67
Why would the colt switch? I thought that they got a lot of speed from the turf.
Yeah but it may better prepare them for the playoffs if they start playing on field turf. Just like it helped them in the regular season, it hurt them in many ways too.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005   #10
Algebrat
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by F-minus67
The Colts are also being pressured, as they were voted one of the 2 worst fields to play on (along with the Rams, which also still have astro-turf).
Algebrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005   #11
jagsfanincanada
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Algebrat
The Colts are also being pressured, as they were voted one of the 2 worst fields to play on (along with the Rams, which also still have astro-turf).
Rams are getting Field Turf as well.

http://www.houstontexans.com/fan_zon...ead.php?t=9072

Last edited by jagsfanincanada; 05-13-2005 at 04:35 PM.
jagsfanincanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005   #12
CoachJim
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to CoachJim Send a message via Yahoo to CoachJim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailgate
I loved the Blue Endzones.... BRING EM BACK!!!
Howz about Red for Battle Red Day?...
Old 05-13-2005   #13
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 324753 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Really...hmmmm, I haven't heard that. Interesting, and helpful in my tailgating debates!

Speaking of dirt, leave the roof open when it rains! I like muddy football.
Old 05-14-2005   #14
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 52700 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I don't understand when football became such a squeeky clean sport that everyone hates a little dirt showing on the field.
The problem is not a little dirt showing, it's a lot of dirt showing. January 2, 2005 the Reliant Stadium field looked horrible. And it didn't look too much better for games prior to that.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005   #15
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 57395 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy
The problem is not a little dirt showing, it's a lot of dirt showing. January 2, 2005 the Reliant Stadium field looked horrible. And it didn't look too much better for games prior to that.
It's football in January. I'd like to see a mudpit with snow covering the sidelines. If you want a sterile visual experience, go watch Arena Football.
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005   #16
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 336338 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy
It's football in January. I'd like to see a mudpit with snow covering the sidelines. If you want a sterile visual experience, go watch Arena Football.
Exactly. Football is not supposed to be some pretty boy sport where they change into clean jerseys after each tackle and have hair stylists on the sidelines. I want to see turf flying and guys with grass stuck in their facemasks.
Old 05-16-2005   #17
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

I'm sure guys in the '60's were complaining about field conditions.
TheOgre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005   #18
SA Fan
Rookie

Another issue is to consider is that The company that makes astroturf has entered bankruptcy.
It would not make sense for Indy or StL to stay with a company that may not exist if there is a major field problem to fix when there are literally billions of dollars at stake.
SA Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005   #19
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 52700 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Please. I get so tired of the "football was meant to be played...blah, blah, blah" crap. I really couldn't care less what they played the game on. Seeing a mud stain on someone's uniform doesn't make the game any better. The point was, we've got one of the elite stadiums in all of sports and the playing surface looks like horse manure left over from the rodeo. For such a state of the art facility, you'd think they could have a playing surface that looked a little better, that's all.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read