Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 04-20-2012   #1
wolf123
All Pro

Rep Power: 2679 wolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Draft Plans?

Just curious what other Texans fans do for the draft usually

I'm throwing a watch party with hamburgers and sausage links.

Then we all put money in a pot and try to see who can do the best live mock draft. Winner at the end of the first round gets the money.

Whats your Thursday night look like?
wolf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012   #2
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Draft Plans?

I enjoy parties and gatherings and stuff like that, but for this draft I might just have one person over or I might go at it solo...

That's part of the reason that I don't mind the draft starting on Thursday...Grab a few beers, cook something good or order something good.....Jump on TT and just relax and enjoy....

Next week is going to be so f'n awesome...
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012   #3
wolf123
All Pro

Rep Power: 2679 wolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I enjoy parties and gatherings and stuff like that, but for this draft I might just have one person over or I might go at it solo...

That's part of the reason that I don't mind the draft starting on Thursday...Grab a few beers, cook something good or order something good.....Jump on TT and just relax and enjoy....

Next week is going to be so f'n awesome...
Its like my Christmas!! I love how they have it spread out over 3 days now.
wolf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012   #4
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 143551 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Most years I've put together all sorts of lists of players and I follow along, keeping track of the guys I want selected. And I watch along with this group and discuss the picks as they come up.

I'm usually all alone here in front of my computer watching pretty much every moment of it. My wife knows to keep everyone away from me while it's going on.

BUT... this year, I'm going to have to put the TV on pause and go pick her up from the airport during the first round.

Life is hard.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012   #5
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15762 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf123 View Post
I'm of the complete opposite opinion. To me it ruined all the big draft parties that used to be all day on draft saturdays. Its also hard to get as excited for thursday (work night) when it is just 1 round as opposed to a 3 round saturday (weekend). I still watch but to me Goodell (hitler) screwed the pooch with this draft change.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012   #6
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 19403 aussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bckey View Post
I'm of the complete opposite opinion. To me it ruined all the big draft parties that used to be all day on draft saturdays. Its also hard to get as excited for thursday (work night) when it is just 1 round as opposed to a 3 round saturday (weekend). I still watch but to me Goodell (hitler) screwed the pooch with this draft change.
its terms of marketing i think his done a pretty good job in regards to the draft.
aussie_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012   #7
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf123 View Post
I love the three day format too for several reasons. I like that it's stretched out and its a bigger event now. I think now it's more feasible to catch most of the draft. Before when it was an all day thing it was so hard to sit and watch it all. Now you get it in smaller doses and you can take a break and talk about what's going on.

I also like it for the teams. Especially for our team. Now they can take more time and think about what they've done and where they're going. This is a really important draft for us.

I'm so pumped right now. It's going to be a great week.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-22-2012   #8
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 114714 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bckey View Post
I'm with you. The change to a single night screwed the draft for me. I liked it when I could look forward to seeing three picks on that night, not just one.

Oh, did I mention that I could care less who the other teams draft?
I only watch to see who we'll get. I will confess to a passing interest in what the other teams in our division do since we'll have to contend with any improvement they make.

If Roger the Terrible would give me two rounds Thursday, two more Friday, and the rest on Sat. I could settle for that line up. It shouldn't take three frickin' hours to make 32 picks. Geeez!!

EDIT:
The answer to the thread query is, I have a ticket to attend the draft party at Reliant. But Thursday is golf league so I probably won't make it down there until well into the round. Good thing we're drafting late.
Old 04-23-2012   #9
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll be watching it on my laptop while playing Xbox or PS3. All I really care about is the draft pick order and the Texans pick. I don't even think the Texans will make a 1st round pick this year, there is just too much talent in the mid rounds to not trade back.
Old 04-23-2012   #10
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 56992 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
I'll be watching it on my laptop while playing Xbox or PS3. All I really care about is the draft pick order and the Texans pick. I don't even think the Texans will make a 1st round pick this year, there is just too much talent in the mid rounds to not trade back.
I've had that same feeling for some time now. I have a feeling this year I'll have that "who the hell is that?" thought process a few times as well.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read