Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-06-2012   #61
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: My favorite thread of the year (predictions)

I can gaurantee we win October 28th!! Book it!!
Old 05-06-2012   #62
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222469 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhouston View Post
From the schedule announcement thread where everyone first picked.

Now that NY has Tebow I actually think that could now be a win and we could go 14-4, but I will leave as is and stick by my prediction.
14-4? Because of Tebow, we now have to play 2 extra games? Damn.

I think you meant, 14-2.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012   #63
ckhouston
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 ckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
14-4? Because of Tebow, we now have to play 2 extra games? Damn.

I think you meant, 14-2.
Nice catch ... yes I meant 14-2 ... I was years ahead of myself with the two extra games.
ckhouston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012   #64
majestrate
Veteran

Rep Power: 6672 majestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respected

If we pull a win off against GB, I'd be willing to bet we lose to the Ravens. Over-confidence is a mofo.

I know Miami should be an easy win, but they've made a lot of changes and have a new HC, they could surprise us.
majestrate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012   #65
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 21478 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

Last year I said we'd win 10.5 games, and I figure that pretty much nailed it considering the second Indy game with all the BS, and then the second BESF game with the "oops we didn't mean to get within scoring range" incident.

As much as I want to say 11-5, I'm going with 10-6, win the division, and we make it to the AFC Championship. Beyond that game I will make no predictions.

I think 10-6, with the uncertainty at the QB position, and I want to see the right side of the OL when we're running the ball. Also as much as I love Wade, his defenses historically regress a little. I'm hoping he breaks that trend with all his wisdom.

I reerve the right to revise my prediction up based on preseason.
Old 05-07-2012   #66
Perki-Perk
DieHard Texan!

Section: Wolfies, Table 16
Rep Power: 4783 Perki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by tielahr View Post
Provide a short explanation of your predictions for the Texas 2012 season

Last year I predicted the Texans 9-7, so wasn't too far off.

However, last year, if you had KNOWN that we were going to lose the people we lost to injury, would you have predicted 9-7? Where your predictions predicated on health and barring injury. If so, I'd say you were waaay off.

Go Texans!

(I predicted 12-4 last year, based on mostly healthy season, which, without injury I think we would have easily obtained.)

This year, I say 11-5, with normative injury scenarios. (normative NFL wise, not Texans wise)
Old 05-07-2012   #67
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216126 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Provide a short explanation of your predictions for the Texas 2012 season

Last year I predicted the Texans 9-7, so wasn't too far off.

Wk1 Miami: This is a Win. The first game of the season at freakin' RELIANT fresh off our succesful 2011 season. Texans came out strong and the D + fresh healthy offense makes the score 31-10
Miami has never beaten the Texans. We've played each other 6 times, we've beat them 6 times. I'm usually negative nelly at this point of the season, so I'm going to say they are due a win. We'll lose our home opener.

0-1
Quote:
Wk2 @Jax: This is a Win. Not as strong as a game, the Jax Defense gives us fits, but Arian breaks out big around the 3rd quarter of the game along with an AJ TD for 40+yds. Score ends up 24-13
I think a lot of questions will be answered for us week 1. Following that heartbreaker of a loss, the guys find a way to win. It won't be pretty, with Jax playing ball control offense with a heavy dose of MJD & a stingy defense. But we find a way to win.

1-1
Quote:
Wk3 @Denver: This is a loss. The Broncos are NO JOKE. They went to the playoffs last year with Tim Teblow. This year their D is as hot as ever with Von Miller making a strong case for defensive MVP. Texans put up a fight, but it just isn't enough, score is 28-24
We beat Peyton Manning. Period.

2-1
Quote:
Wk4 Ten: This is a win. Wade and Kubs understand this is our year and we can't lose to another playoff caliber team. We have to prove our dominance and what better team than the titans? Kenny Britt makes this a ballgame... until the 2nd half. Arian rushes for 250+ and the D gets a TD. 38 Freaking points - 21
Hasselbeck is healthy, Brit is healthy, CJ2ypc breaks out one good run/catch for a TD.

I honestly don't know who will be our starting QB. I don't know who will be playing TE, RG, or WR2. Sorry, but right now I don't see us winning this game.

2-2
Quote:
Wk5 @NYJ: This is a win. The Jets are as shameful as ever, the fans are YELLING for Tebow by this point and wanting Rex Ryan's head on a pole if he doesn't provide. The Texans have a solid game on MNF resulting in 17-10
I think the Jets are going to implode in 2012. Don't know how, but we get the W in NY

3-2
Quote:
Wk6 GB: This is a WIN. Green Bay gives us one HELLUVA game. Our home crowd goes nuts all game in what turns out to be a shootout until our D makes a tremendous play (i'm predicting a Cushing force fumble). We barely slip this one out and the fans are in heaven. 27-24.
I'm hoping we have Schaub by week 6 at the latest. I'm hoping we've got the WR & RG thing figured out by now. We should roll from here.

4-2
Quote:
Wk7 Balt: This is a loss. I'm not going to lie. This is one hard game to decide, the ravens always have given us fits. See GB description and make that Defensive play but it is going to be by a guy in a purple jersey. Score 21-14
I did say roll right?

5-2
Quote:
Wk8 Bye: 5-2 The Texans fans and the national media are saying the Texans are here to play and it's a race to the finish line with the Patriots for the #1 seed in the AFC.

Wk9 Buffalo: This is a win. Hello Mario, nice to see you. Sorry your team isn't doing too well. Texans win this one in what turns out to be just a solid game. Nothing too flashy, we just handle business. Score 24-14
roll

6-2
Quote:
Wk10 @Chi: This is a loss. Chicago will be a contender this year, it's a tough game and we lose to another playoff caliber team. Some fans are skeptical but were still the #1 seed. That isn't luck. Score 20-10
We're 2-0 against the Bears. We're a cold weather team () & I said we're roll'n

7-2
Quote:
Wk11 Jax: This is a win. At this point were sorta banged up but Jax is a joke still in this division. Their D is alright but at our place? No sir. We hand them a beat down. 28-14
This is where I start to worry about injuries. But we're at home & we're on a roll.

8-2
Quote:
Wk12 @Det: This is a loss. We would win this at home, but in their house with detroit striving for a playoff spot, it just ends up being too much. 28-21
I think Jared Crick wants to prove something here. He has a break-out game, think Jj Watt at home vs Indy last year.

We're still roll'n 9-2
Quote:
Wk13 @Tenn: This is a win. We can't lose to the tits at this point in the season, it is crunch time and we want the W. I'm predicting Barwin + Reed maul whoever the titans have throwing the ball. Offense does its thing also, (maybe with the help of Coby Fleener )
This is play-off time, they're in the hunt. We're in the hunt.... we lose this one as well.

9-3
Quote:
Wk14 @Pats: This is a loss. Patriots give us good a ol' fashion shootout. But Tom isn't such a prominent qb cause of his looks. It's his ability to win games. 31-28
I don't think we'll lose 2 in a row this year.

10-3
Quote:
Wk15&16 Colts and Vikings: These games are a win. I put these games together because they mean the same to me, were in our house. If we win those we end up sealing up a #2 seed in the AFC. Were at home, the roof is closed. The noise is unbearable for opposing offenses. Thanks crowd. 31-24 , 30-21
11-3

I agree, we win both games.

12-3
Quote:
Wk17 @Colts: This is a loss. We take our starters out after the 1st quarter because were up 17 points. Andrew Luck proves his worth and beats our backups. Good for him.

Agree, that our starters aren't playing the whole game. We're two & a half games ahead of Tennessee, we win the division & a win would seal the bye. Plus Kubiak knows we won't lose 2 in a row, so this gets us pumped up for the play-offs.

12-4

Just imagine if I weren't so pessimistic this time of the year.
Old 05-07-2012   #68
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216126 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Predictions are silly. Once they exceed my pessimistic predictions, I'll be happy.
I'm repping you because I found your post to be humorous. However, I have never understood this line of thinking. At the beginning of every season, I'm sure the Owner, GM, & Head coach sit down & talk about their expectations. What they want to accomplish for the year & what challenges they are going to face that will prevent them from accomplishing those goals.

I doubt they go through a game by game scenario & say, win, win, loss, etc... but I'm sure they have an idea. Best-case/worst-case scenarios. So at anytime during the year they can assess where they are at & what needs to be done going forward.

I do the same thing for my team when I coach my daughters softball team. There are teams we should beat, teams we should compete with, & teams that are flat-out better than us. We win some games we shouldn't & lose some we shouldn't, but in the end we usually end up pretty much where we thought we would.

Which also eludes to power-rankings. The ones you see on Fox or whatever probably isn't close to what the coaching staff has, but I guarantee you they know which teams are the best & which teams aren't & where they believe they stack up.
Old 05-07-2012   #69
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 218361 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I'm repping you because I found your post to be humorous.
It was intended to be humorous. I put zero stock in predictions this early in the process. My follow up post should have made the point that I can make rational sounding predictions for 2-14 or 14-2. It's all a joke at this point. So I just had fun with it is all.
Old 05-07-2012   #70
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39273 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

My early predictions:

Miami-W
@Jacksonville-W
@Denver-L
Tennessee-W
@New York-W
Green Bay-L
Baltimore-W
Bye
Buffalo-W
@Chicago-L
Jacksonville-W
@Detroit-W
@Tennessee-W
@New England-L
Indianapolis-W
Minnesota-W
@Indianapolis-L

I got them at 11-5.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012   #71
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTTexans View Post
@CHI - L - Hopefully they have the Dream Team effect cause on paper they are looking unstoppable at this piont.
They still have J. Cutler. If Wade can get the defense to do what they do... & with Crick coming in for Bullman & Whitney taking the place of a (didn't really play Mario) there's no reason why he shouldn't, We should be able to make Jay look like Jay.

Last edited by thunderkyss; 05-08-2012 at 02:39 PM.
thunderkyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012   #72
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222469 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
They still have J. Cutler. If Wade can get the defense to do what they do... & with Crick coming in for Bullman & Whiley taking the place of a (didn't really play Mario) there's no reason why he shouldn't, We should be able to make Jay look like Jay.

Whiley? You mean Whitney Mercilus? Wiley Mercilus would be too cool of a name.
Old 05-08-2012   #73
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Whiley? You mean Whitney Mercilus? Wiley Mercilus would be too cool of a name.
Well I damn sure wouldn't have named him Whitney.
Old 05-27-2012   #74
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 82763 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texans will Win the superbowl, BOOK IT !!!!

The Texans win the AFC South with a 13-3 record.

Dolphins - W
Jags - W
Broncos - L
Titans - W
Jets - W
Packers - L
Ravens - W
Bills - W
Bears - W
Jaguars - W
Lions - W
Titans - W
Patriots - L
Colts - W
Vikings - W
Colts - W

AFC Champuionship Game

Texans 24 Steelers 17

Superbowl

Texans 16 49ers 10

Arian foster is Superbowl MVP with 132 rushing yards and 1 TD.

Sooo whats ur predictions ??? Remember i did pick the exact score of the texans 31-10 play-off win against the bengals.
Old 05-27-2012   #75
Lucky

Rep Power: 136980 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
Sooo whats ur predictions ??? Remember i did pick the exact score of the texans 31-10 play-off win against the bengals.
So you were able to correctly predict one score out of the 18 games the Texans played? Outstanding.
Old 05-27-2012   #76
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Rep Power: 82763 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
So you were able to correctly predict one score out of the 18 games the Texans played? Outstanding.
considering it was my only attmept at a pick all season, that makes it 1-1
Old 05-27-2012   #77
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23265 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The Texans win the AFC South with a 13-3 record.

Dolphins - W
Jags - W
Broncos - L
Titans - W
Jets - W
Packers - L
Ravens - W
Bills - W
Bears - W
Jaguars - W
Lions - W
Titans - W
Patriots - L
Colts - W
Vikings - W
Colts - W

AFC Champuionship Game

Texans 24 Steelers 17

Superbowl

Texans 16 49ers 10

Arian foster is Superbowl MVP with 132 rushing yards and 1 TD.

I see the Niners regressing next season. May still make the playoffs, but won't be as good and won't make it to the SB. As long as Alex Smith is the starter, I don't see them ever getting to the SB.

Texans will have one "WTF!" game and lose. I'm picking the Bills game.
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012   #78
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream_team View Post
I see the Niners regressing next season. May still make the playoffs, but won't be as good and won't make it to the SB. As long as Alex Smith is the starter, I don't see them ever getting to the SB.

Texans will have one "WTF!" game and lose. I'm picking the Bills game.
i hope not i would hate to lose to M.W new team !!!!
Old 05-27-2012   #79
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Quote:
considering it was my only attmept at a pick all season, that makes it 1-1
No. That makes you 1-0. 1-1 would be if you picked 2 and got one right and missed the other.
Old 05-27-2012   #80
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Quote:
No. That makes you 1-0. 1-1 would be if you picked 2 and got one right and missed the other.
i said 1 for 1

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read