Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-21-2012   #41
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: My favorite thread of the year (predictions)

MIA - W - Miami is awful. Might be a 2 or 3-win team again in 2012.

@JAC - W - We will dominate this game. MJD gets older every year.

@DEN - W - We'll hassle Manning. They have ZERO ground game.

TEN - W - A good old-fashioned Texans-style ass whooping is in store for Titans.

@NYJ(MNF) - W - The Jets are going to be bad, again, we win this one.

GB - L - We're still going to try and be "in their league" but we're not. Close, but not there yet. Texans lose their first game tis week. Record: 5-1.

BAL - L - I can see this one being a win if the wind blows the right way, but still...this could be a loss. Record: 5-2, but we reel off 3-straight after this game.

BUF - W - Eff you, Mario. Twitter can't help you this week.

@CHI - W - On the road, at Soldier Field, a supposedly stacked Bears team this year...no problem. We suck it up and lay a smack down on them.

JAC - W - We top off the previous week's big win vs. Bears by beating Jags in Reliant. Two straight years of sweeping the Jags. I love it!

@DET - L - Jitters get the best of us here. Lions get pumped, beat us on Turkey Day.

@TEN - L - This game is tough. We will one of the two Titans games, but find a way to blow chunks in the other game against them.

@ NE - L - We get punked in this game. For some reason, it's just going to happen. And it will be all that Tom Brady's fault. Tom, Tom, Tom!

IND - W - They have their work cut out for them. I know Luck is awesome, but he's never played a full NFL season. He's going against the best of the best, and it's going to be a hard knock life his first year in the NFL. We win.

MIN - W - This team is awful. They have crap and Peterson is always hurt.

@IND - W - Colts lay down in this game. They're tired, they're ready to be done with the season. They put up a good fight early on, but fade once our guys kick their teeth in during the first half. First ever sweep of the Colts by the Texans!

11-5 Overall (but could be 10-6 or 12-4 based on random crap, as usual)

5-1 Division

I might be off a game or two, either way, but we have this division unless our guys just get cocky and sleepwalk through games. I think the close loss to Ravens in last year's playoffs sparks us to do even better in 2012.

We can beat any team. Our guys know it, too. JJ Watt will be a Pro Bowler this year. He'll be nasty every game, IMO. QB play will determine our fate, though.
Old 04-21-2012   #42
The Medic01
Veteran

Rep Power: 1875 The Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
MIA - W - Miami is awful. Might be a 2 or 3-win team again in 2012.

@JAC - W - We will dominate this game. MJD gets older every year.

@DEN - W - We'll hassle Manning. They have ZERO ground game.

TEN - W - A good old-fashioned Texans-style ass whooping is in store for Titans.

@NYJ(MNF) - W - The Jets are going to be bad, again, we win this one.

GB - L - We're still going to try and be "in their league" but we're not. Close, but not there yet. Texans lose their first game tis week. Record: 5-1.

BAL - L - I can see this one being a win if the wind blows the right way, but still...this could be a loss. Record: 5-2, but we reel off 3-straight after this game.

BUF - W - Eff you, Mario. Twitter can't help you this week.

@CHI - W - On the road, at Soldier Field, a supposedly stacked Bears team this year...no problem. We suck it up and lay a smack down on them.

JAC - W - We top off the previous week's big win vs. Bears by beating Jags in Reliant. Two straight years of sweeping the Jags. I love it!

@DET - L - Jitters get the best of us here. Lions get pumped, beat us on Turkey Day.

@TEN - L - This game is tough. We will one of the two Titans games, but find a way to blow chunks in the other game against them.

@ NE - L - We get punked in this game. For some reason, it's just going to happen. And it will be all that Tom Brady's fault. Tom, Tom, Tom!

IND - W - They have their work cut out for them. I know Luck is awesome, but he's never played a full NFL season. He's going against the best of the best, and it's going to be a hard knock life his first year in the NFL. We win.

MIN - W - This team is awful. They have crap and Peterson is always hurt.

@IND - W - Colts lay down in this game. They're tired, they're ready to be done with the season. They put up a good fight early on, but fade once our guys kick their teeth in during the first half. First ever sweep of the Colts by the Texans!

11-5 Overall (but could be 10-6 or 12-4 based on random crap, as usual)

5-1 Division

I might be off a game or two, either way, but we have this division unless our guys just get cocky and sleepwalk through games. I think the close loss to Ravens in last year's playoffs sparks us to do even better in 2012.

We can beat any team. Our guys know it, too. JJ Watt will be a Pro Bowler this year. He'll be nasty every game, IMO. QB play will determine our fate, though.
What matters for me is I know that we have the pieces talent and drive to win all of the games. It isn't going to happen but we can. I don't predict wins and losses I say that we can win all of them just gotta wait and see if we do. Come on texans we have the pieces now get er done.
The Medic01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012   #43
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 16683 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

I just hate predicting an L vs. a DET who are ass on Thanksgiving, and can't stop the run for ****.

GP, I think Watt's an all-pro this year, let alone pro-bowl.
Old 04-21-2012   #44
SteveSlaton20
All Pro

Rep Power: 717 SteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to SteveSlaton20

Too early to make predictions, it's not even draft day yet.
Old 04-22-2012   #45
drunkcookie
2 drunk 2 cook

Rep Power: 4923 drunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respected

No need for me to list it game-by-game, because i think they'll lose at least one game i pick them to win and win at least one i pick them to lose...

As of right now i say 11-5, but the draft and FAgency aren't over yet so of course it might change...

...and Hell is coming with them!
drunkcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012   #46
whitewater
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 whitewater is a quality contributor and well respectedwhitewater is a quality contributor and well respectedwhitewater is a quality contributor and well respectedwhitewater is a quality contributor and well respectedwhitewater is a quality contributor and well respectedwhitewater is a quality contributor and well respectedwhitewater is a quality contributor and well respectedwhitewater is a quality contributor and well respectedwhitewater is a quality contributor and well respectedwhitewater is a quality contributor and well respectedwhitewater is a quality contributor and well respected

MIA - WIN

@JAX - LOSS

@DEN - LOSS

TEN - WIN

@NYJ - LOSS

GB - LOSS

BAL - LOSS

BYE

BUF - WIN

@CHI - WIN

JAX - WIN

@DET - LOSS

@TEN - LOSS

@NE - LOSS

IND - WIN

MIN - LOSS

@IND - WIN

Thus 7-9 overall but 4-2 in division. Wildcard playoff spot.
whitewater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012   #47
Seegara
Veteran

Rep Power: 5803 Seegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respected

We lose to Denver, Green Bay, Baltimore, Boston, and once to the Colts. 11-5. Division 5-1.
Seegara is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-23-2012   #48
tielahr
Rookie

Rep Power: 428 tielahr is a quality contributor and well respectedtielahr is a quality contributor and well respectedtielahr is a quality contributor and well respectedtielahr is a quality contributor and well respectedtielahr is a quality contributor and well respectedtielahr is a quality contributor and well respectedtielahr is a quality contributor and well respectedtielahr is a quality contributor and well respectedtielahr is a quality contributor and well respectedtielahr is a quality contributor and well respectedtielahr is a quality contributor and well respected

Is there anyone here who actually believes we will be 8-8 or any less this season?
tielahr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012   #49
markn
Veteran

Rep Power: 20999 markn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respected

Mia - w
@jax - w
@den - l
ten - w
@nyj - l
gb - l
bal - l
buf - w
@chi - l
jax - w
@det - w
@ten - l
@ne - l
ind - w
min - w
@ind - w

9-7
markn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012   #50
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 226054 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitewater View Post
MIA - WIN

@JAX - LOSS

@DEN - LOSS

TEN - WIN

@NYJ - LOSS

GB - LOSS

BAL - LOSS

BYE

BUF - WIN

@CHI - WIN

JAX - WIN

@DET - LOSS

@TEN - LOSS

@NE - LOSS

IND - WIN

MIN - LOSS

@IND - WIN

Thus 7-9 overall but 4-2 in division. Wildcard playoff spot.
No way 7-9 gets a wildcard. That's not even possible. A 7-9 could get into the playoffs as a divisional winner. The Seahawks did it a couple of years ago and it was the first time in history that had happened.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012   #51
tielahr
Rookie

Rep Power: 428 tielahr is a quality contributor and well respectedtielahr is a quality contributor and well respectedtielahr is a quality contributor and well respectedtielahr is a quality contributor and well respectedtielahr is a quality contributor and well respectedtielahr is a quality contributor and well respectedtielahr is a quality contributor and well respectedtielahr is a quality contributor and well respectedtielahr is a quality contributor and well respectedtielahr is a quality contributor and well respectedtielahr is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveSlaton20 View Post
Too early to make predictions, it's not even draft day yet.
This is just for fun and I intend to regularly update this thread with my own predicitons after certain dates of interest. (i.e. After draft day, preseason, etc..)
tielahr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012   #52
krocket
Rookie

Rep Power: 135 krocket is a quality contributor and well respectedkrocket is a quality contributor and well respectedkrocket is a quality contributor and well respectedkrocket is a quality contributor and well respectedkrocket is a quality contributor and well respectedkrocket is a quality contributor and well respectedkrocket is a quality contributor and well respectedkrocket is a quality contributor and well respectedkrocket is a quality contributor and well respectedkrocket is a quality contributor and well respectedkrocket is a quality contributor and well respected

For the what-it-is-worth department! Walterfootball 2013 NFL draft has us drafting 32nd. Unless I am misunderstanding they are picking us to win the Super Bowl!
krocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012   #53
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 78264 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by krocket View Post
For the what-it-is-worth department! Walterfootball 2013 NFL draft has us drafting 32nd. Unless I am misunderstanding they are picking us to win the Super Bowl!
Gotta link. I went to look but didn't see it. Impatient I guess.

Went back and looked again. We're, right now, @ # 29 taking Johnathan Banks, corner back out of Mississippi St.

Hmmm?

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.

Last edited by drs23; 04-23-2012 at 07:46 PM. Reason: Looked again...
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012   #54
le14
Rookie

Rep Power: 17 le14 is a Hall of Famerle14 is a Hall of Famerle14 is a Hall of Famerle14 is a Hall of Famerle14 is a Hall of Famerle14 is a Hall of Famerle14 is a Hall of Famerle14 is a Hall of Famerle14 is a Hall of Famerle14 is a Hall of Famer

Wk1 Miami: This is a Win. No doubt, Texans come out strong, young Dolphins struggle. Double Digit game.

Wk2 @Jax: This is a Win. Jags still figuring everything out, Gabbert struggles, another double digit game.

Wk3 @Denver: This is aWin. Texans are used to seeing Manning and this is a similar offense, but not as good. Foster runs over 150 yds, Joseph blankets Thomas. Game within 10.

Wk4 Ten: This is a Win. Division game, at home, we come out firing. We are up the whole game. Game within 10 points.

Wk5 @NYJ: This is a Loss. Primetime game, Jets at Home, still have a good defense with a fluky, random offense, but now Tebow is in the mix. They haven't loss anyone really, Texans keep it close, but Jets pull it off with a win.

Wk6 GB: This is a Loss. Primetime, at home. Fans come out LOUD, Texans come out firing. We are up the whole game, but Rodgers does what he does with a late score to win the game.

Wk7 Balt: This is aWin. As what I believed in the playoff matchup. Texans have a better RB, better D, better offense, just not ST (lol). But this time we are at home and have a bitter taste in our mouths, and Schuab proves with him, we would have won.

Wk8 Bye: 5-2

Wk9 Buffalo: This is a win. Mario who? We show it's better to be on a contender and rich, then just filthy rich in Buffalo being behind the Pats for years to come.

Wk10 @Chi: This is a loss. Again, primetime game, Bears at home, with new toys for Cutler and the same D, it's going to be a Forte/Foster show with Foster winning the stats game, but the Bears winning the game.

Wk11 Jax: This is a win. Blaine Gabbert. That is all.

Wk12 @Det: This is a loss. Again, Primetime thanksgiving game in DETROIT, their fans will come out rocking, we keep it close, but ultimately we lose by 9.

Wk13 @Tenn: This is a Loss Titans at home, basically fighting for their playoff rights against their biggest rival. We come in flat, and end up losing by double digits, this sets the stage for our rebound, 2 L's in a row, we come out ready.

Wk14 @Pats: This is a Win. Weather plays a part, but in the Texans favor as Foster puts up 200+ combined yards. Texans win by 9, no late comeback by Brady.

Wk15 Colts: This is a win. Texans, at home, with the roof closed against Luck, who ends up winning the OROY. We send a message, he is not going to own us in the forthcoming years and the division is still ours. He has his worst game of the year, we win by 14+.

Wk 16 Vikings: This is a Loss Riding 2 big wins and national media attention, we lay an egg here. Perhaps a good thing coming into the postseason and this gets us refocused. AP has a good game, Ponder surprises, and Harvin returns one. A touchdown win for the Vikings.

Wk17 @Colts: This is aWin. We come back with vengeance. We rest no one, since winning this game would mean a 1st round bye. We clobber Luck again in his house and clinch a bye. Double Digit win with Tate going over 100 yards after Arian is pulled once the game is out of reach and once Arian has the rushing crown.

RESULTS

10-6 With a first round bye.
le14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012   #55
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 12117 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected

I guess I will try my hand at this!

MIA- Win. Never lost to Miami, and it won't happen here. Defense comes out strong, and holds Miami to less than 10 points. Foster has a big game.

@JAX- Win. Jacksonville will come in with a win over the lowly Vikings. Their confidence will be crushed when Gabbert throws 3 picks and is sacked twice. MJD doesn't have a good game, and The Texans hold on.

@DEN- Loss. I am not convinced. I think Denver will be a good team starting out but may finish flat. We play them early, and in our dreaded week 3. It's a touchdown game, but Manning proves to be too much.

TEN- Win. Fun fact. The Kubiak led Texans have never lost to the Titans when they play them before a bye week. This trend continues at home. Titans don't do much and Texans get a good win.

First Quarter- 3-1. Overall good.

@NYJ- Win. Texans kick off their prime time schedule with a bang. The Texans have never beat the Jets, but I think the Jets implode even further this season. This will be the game where the media begins to talk a lot about replacing Sanchaz. Texans defense has a great game and get away with a win on Monday night.

GB- Win. The Texans make their debut on SNF with a great showing. The Packer come in undefeated, to a packed reliant stadium. Many of the talking heads are calling this a possible Super Bowl preview. The game is close the entire game, but Rodgers throws a costly INT near the end of the game and cannot overcome. Texans win on Sunday Night!

BAL- Win. The Texans have a chip on their shoulder in this game. Joe Flacco has a terrible game while Schaub has a near perfect game. Texans redeem the playoff loss from last season and get a big win and their first win over the ratbirds.

BYE

BUF- Win. Mario Williams returns to a hostile environment reminiscent to when Carlos Beltran returned to Houston back in 2005. Although he is hurt, he still plays and has a forgetful game with the Line holding him the entire game. Bills don't do much and Texans hold on to get the win.

Second Quarter- 7-1. Talking heads are beginning to talk about our super bowl chances. There is a noticable buzz around the city.

@CHI- Loss. Texans winning streak ends on Sunday night in Chi town. The Bears will be a great team, and will be too much for The Texans on this night. The only way I see a win is if Cutler is hurt.

JAC- Win. Texans make up for their loss with a big win over Jacksonville on Battle Red Day! Not much happens with Jacksonville and Gabbert continues to suck. Texans win big.

@DET- Loss. Texans begin a 3 game road trip with a Thanksgiving game against the Lions. The Lions made great progress last season and no doubt they will be a much better team. It will be a close game, but Detroit will win in the end, sending their fans home happy for the first time on Thanksgiving since 2003!

@TEN- Win. Texans make up for their Thanksgiving loss with a win over the hated Titans. Texans get a good win on the road.

3rd Quarter- 9-3. Texans are trying to get the number one seed.

@NE- Loss. Texans go to Foxborough where Tom Brady and the Patriots have only lost once in the past 4 years. Tom throws for a good game and The Texans end their primetime schedule with a loss.

IND- Win. Texans beat Indy at home with Luck throwing 2 picks.

MIN- Win. Texans have never beaten the Vikings. This will change. The Vikings will most likely be going for the number one pick in the draft. They come out like they have all year, and under preform. Texans get a good win.

@IND- Win. Texans trying to lock up the No. 1 seed with a win. They jump out to a comfortable lead and never give it up. Texans finally win in Indy.

Final record- 12-4 with a First round bye.

Of course any of these games can go any way. Anywhere between 12-4 and 10-6 is what i see.

Keenum is not the QB of the future.
Lurvinator11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012   #56
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 265614 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Miami Dolphins at Houston Texans
Time: 1:00pm ET
Open: HOU -6
Current: HOU -6

Analysis: Matt Schaub and Andre Johnson should be healthy for a Houston home opener that will be dripping with expectations for the 2012 campaign. Joe Philbin will be making his debut as Miamiís new head coach while Ryan Tannehill will likely be under center to make his first professional start. With Brandon Marshall no longer on the Dolphins roster, look for that loaded Texans defense to have no problems locking down Miamiís offense. Houston at less than a touchdown could be my biggest Week 1 play.

Too soon?
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012   #57
Fili
All Pro

Rep Power: 3890 Fili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respected

MIA - WIN

@JAX - WIN - They use their 3rd round punter every possession.

@DEN - WIN - Manning becomes over confident about playing his ex-rag doll team. The over confidence spreads like a wildfire.

TEN - WIN - 41-7

@NYJ - WIN - Tebow wins starting job. First start for Tebow was against the Texans and of course was a comeback, but Bulls on Parade shut him down.

GB - WIN - 28 for 42, 414 yards.

BAL - WIN - Have you seen how unproductive this team is away?

BYE

BUF - WIN - Sorry Mario.

@CHI - WIN

JAX - WIN

@DET - WIN - Calvin Johnson w/ Madden curse. No offense whatsoever.

@TEN - WIN - 41-7

@NE - WIN - http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/0..._n_409828.html

IND - WIN - Luck = Leaf

MIN - WIN - Who is starting their QB?

@IND - WIN - Kubiak and co. learned from the Packers dumb mistake in resting Rodgers week 17.

16-0.

then.....

Old 05-06-2012   #58
BetaV1
Veteran

Rep Power: 3508 BetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respected

First off, who's decision was it to have us play the Colts two of the final three weeks? Worst scheduling ever.

Here I go:

Week 1: MIA - Win. Season opener at home in Reliant following the most successful year in franchise history. Fans will be jacked up, the place will be loud, and the players will ball.

Week 2: @JAX - Loss. Jags catch us napping following our opener with their new look offense. Whether or not it's productive doesn't matter at the moment, because the Texans don't know what to expect. The Jags have the fog of war on their side and they'll take advantage of it.

Week 3: @DEN - Loss. With two full games under his belt, Manning will have the Broncos clicking on all cylinders. As good as our defense is, Manning is still one of the best to ever suit up.

Week 4: TEN - Win. Very close game. Their defense is sufficient and their offense will find new life with Jake Locker.

Week 5: @NYJ - Loss. It's Monday night. The stage is on the nation's largest television market. It's Tim Tebow's first start as a Jet. This is a huge game on primetime...and we all know how this team performs on primetime.

Week 6: GB - Loss. They're the Packers.

Week 7: BAL - Loss. This is always a horrible matchup for us.

BYE. Uh oh. I have the Texans 2-5 here. TexansTalk brings back the soap.

Week 9: BUF - Win. Panic mode engaged. A must-win for the Texans. They step it up big time and make Mario disappear.

Week 10: @CHI - Loss. Watch out for the Bears. Scary team.

Week 11: JAX - Win. No longer containing the element of suprise, the Texans are well prepared for Mularkey's array of screen passes, dump-offs, and draws.

Week 12: @DET - Win. Kubiak coaching for his job.

Week 13: @TEN - Loss. Same deal as with the previous meeting, but with the Titans getting the win.

Week 14: @NE - Loss. Brady and company are too much.

Week 15: IND - Win. Trying to keep wildcard hopes alive.

Week 16: MIN - Win. Still trying to keep wildcard hopes alive.

Week 17: @IND - Win. And we pray.

So that means I have the Texans finishing... 8-8

-Credit to False Start for this signature-
BetaV1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012   #59
BetaV1
Veteran

Rep Power: 3508 BetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respected

Holy cow. I had no idea how tough that schedule was until I took it game by game. This is NOT going to be an easy year guys! If we manage to have a winning record with this, then that alone counts as success. That being said...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tielahr View Post
Is there anyone here who actually believes we will be 8-8 or any less this season?
Yes, I do. Heck, they could even be as low as 6-10. The Titans are capable of sweeping us if they improve from last season, and all because the Colts will have nearly an entire new team this year doesn't hurt their chances of splitting either. By the time we play Indianapolis, they'll have had nearly an entire season under their belts, so they'll be up to the task of giving us a tough game.

I hope I'm wrong, but we most certainly could be out the playoffs this year with a schedule like this. We play six playoff capable teams in Denver, Green Bay, Baltimore, Chicago, Detroit, New England; four of which are road games. One could argue that the Jets and even the Titans are cusps teams. Not many pushovers on this schedule and we are largely uncertain how this team will follow-up success (Actually, some here might say we already do have an idea how the team handles success, and it usually isn't very well...)

-Credit to False Start for this signature-
BetaV1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012   #60
ckhouston
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 ckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhouston View Post
Here is how I see it.

Miami-W
@Jacksonville-W
@Denver-L
Tennessee-W
@New York-L
Green Bay-W
Baltimore-W
Bye
Buffalo-W
@Chicago-L
Jacksonville-W
@Detroit-W
@Tennessee-W
@New England-W
Indianapolis-W
Minnesota-W
@Indianapolis-W

13-3 with home field in the playoffs.
From the schedule announcement thread where everyone first picked.

Now that NY has Tebow I actually think that could now be a win and we could go 14-2, but I will leave as is and stick by my prediction.

Last edited by ckhouston; 05-07-2012 at 05:51 AM.
ckhouston is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read