Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-19-2012   #21
tielahr
Rookie

Rep Power: 428 tielahr is a quality contributor and well respectedtielahr is a quality contributor and well respectedtielahr is a quality contributor and well respectedtielahr is a quality contributor and well respectedtielahr is a quality contributor and well respectedtielahr is a quality contributor and well respectedtielahr is a quality contributor and well respectedtielahr is a quality contributor and well respectedtielahr is a quality contributor and well respectedtielahr is a quality contributor and well respectedtielahr is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: My favorite thread of the year (predictions)

Quote:
Originally Posted by welsh texan View Post
I'm saying 11-5, as for a divisional whitewash, I struggle to see it, The Titans were a better team last season than many on here gave them credit for, they went pound for pound with us until deep in the second half of the season, when their injuries began to take their toll whilst we ploughed on through ours. I can't see us bothering to beat the Colts last game of the season if we're locked into a particular seed already and they get a better draft pick out of it.

4-2 in the division possibly, with the final Colts game being a gimme.
I do agree with the fact that the Titans were better than most people think/thought last year. But the fact is we still beat them with all of our injuries we took last year which out numbered the Titans injuries. So regardless of both teams being healthy we will win 9/10 times.
tielahr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012   #22
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

7-9

Titans take the division

We lost to many key players during the off season. Players with experience on the field as well as leadership. Our O will be mediocre at best. Our D won't be able to pull it off by themselves, even though I think they will be top 5. I just don't have much faith in our offense, regardless of who they pick up in the draft. AJ has NEVER returned to the AJ of old, it'll take some time for a rookie WR to catch on, MS is suspect, and AF does have weaknesses. We're still "building." JMO!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012   #23
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 12118 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
7-9

Titans take the division

We lost to many key players during the off season. Players with experience on the field as well as leadership. Our O will be mediocre at best. Our D won't be able to pull it off by themselves, even though I think they will be top 5. I just don't have much faith in our offense, regardless of who they pick up in the draft. AJ has NEVER returned to the AJ of old, it'll take some time for a rookie WR to catch on, MS is suspect, and AF does have weaknesses. We're still "building." JMO!
Sarcasm?

Mallet: The Texas Hammer!
Lurvinator11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012   #24
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 104666 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

The Texans should go 11-5

I see Gary coaching them up to 9-7.

This should still be good enough to win this crappy division.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012   #25
iLoveTexans
Veteran

Rep Power: 276 iLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectediLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectediLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectediLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectediLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectediLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectediLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectediLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectediLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectediLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectediLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respected
Thumbs up Re: My favorite thread of the year (predictions)

12-4

At the end of the season, I want someone to quote this and remembered that I said it and everyone will come to me for record predictions

Sig courtesy of False Start!
iLoveTexans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012   #26
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 294021 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm just not so sure about homer predictions of us only losing three or four games this season. But to not win this crappy division with the team we have would be a complete travesty.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012   #27
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 34380 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
7-9

Titans take the division

Old 04-19-2012   #28
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaShark316 View Post

SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012   #29
clutch
Rookie

Rep Power: 960 clutch is a quality contributor and well respectedclutch is a quality contributor and well respectedclutch is a quality contributor and well respectedclutch is a quality contributor and well respectedclutch is a quality contributor and well respectedclutch is a quality contributor and well respectedclutch is a quality contributor and well respectedclutch is a quality contributor and well respectedclutch is a quality contributor and well respectedclutch is a quality contributor and well respectedclutch is a quality contributor and well respected

10-6 ..we will loose a few games that we shouldn't....
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012   #30
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 270486 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Ask me again when I know how fully Schaub has recovered.

With a fully healthy Schaub & A.J. we go 11-5.
If Yates has to start any appreciable number of games - say if Schaub goes on the PUP list and doesn't start until Nov. - we're screwed. We'll likely be 1-6 by the time Schaub takes his first snap against the Bills.

Last edited by ObsiWan; 04-20-2012 at 06:06 AM.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012   #31
Bulluck53
All Pro

Rep Power: 1628 Bulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respected

11-5 without the plethora of injuries Houston sustained last year. 10-6 if the starters are rested in Indy, though HOU would probably still win that.
Bulluck53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012   #32
SCOTTexans
All Pro

Rep Power: 3792 SCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLoveTexans View Post
12-4

At the end of the season, I want someone to quote this and remembered that I said it and everyone will come to me for record predictions
And if we go 4-12

but i also agree 12-4, 11-5 is we sit starters in the last Titan game
SCOTTexans is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012   #33
BullBlitz
Section 331

Rep Power: 5860 BullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullNation4Life View Post
Wow forget they got into the playoffs on a 3rd string QB, you're just basically a glass completely empty kind of guy aren't you? Must suck to live in your world of doubt all the time....

Texans will be 5-2 going into the bye week

8-2 before Thanksgiving.

Detroit ill be a loss simply Texans have NOBODY to stop Megatron

that's 8-3

They beat Tennessee, Lose to NE and win out against Indy and Vikings, unless Kubiak rests starters in Indy...

Sooo 12-4

11-5 if starters rest in Indy...
7-1 at home and 2-6 on the road for a 9-7 season. They will be 6-7 going into the final 3 games and close with a 3-game winning streak.

It will be a race between us and the Titans for the AFCS until the very end.
BullBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012   #34
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 138542 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

19-0 beyotches!!!
Old 04-20-2012   #35
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 59017 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
I see Gary coaching them up to 9-7...
What's wrong with 9 - 7? Signed 2011 New York Giants
Old 04-20-2012   #36
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 270486 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

I know some of you (most?) aren't very high on the Bleacher Report but since we're discussing season predictions, I thought I'd throw theirs in and let y'all rip it.
LINK

Dolphins (2011 Record: 6-10)
Analysis: The Texans kick off the 2012 regular season against the Miami Dolphins at Reliant Stadium. Everyone was a little surprised that the NFL gave them a third consecutive home opener, and their sixth in the last seven years.
No one in Houston is complaining about the Texans' opponent, as they are undefeated against the Dolphins.
The hometown folks will be cheering for QB Matt Schaub's return to the field and for the defense to harass the quarterback in the backfield.
Outcome: Win

@ Jaguars (2011 Record: 5-11)
Analysis: If the Texans are going to have the same success as last season, they must generate a consistent pass rush from their defensive front seven.
If they can do it against Jacksonville, then we’ll get a quick read on the development of Blaine Gabbert as an NFL starting quarterback.

@ Broncos (2011 Record: 8-8)
Analysis: The Texans will travel to Denver and take on their old divisional nemesis in QB Peyton Manning, who holds a 16-2 lifetime record against them.
They might be catching him at the right time, as Manning and the Bronco offense might not be in sync this early in the regular season. I don’t anticipate seeing him taking too many snaps during the preseason, and it will take Manning some time to gain chemistry with his new teammates.
This could allow defensive coordinator Wade Phillips to create a few wrinkles within his scheme and catch Manning off guard.
Texans fans should feel very fortunate that they’re facing the Broncos in Week 3.

Titans (2011 Record: 9-7)
Analysis: This is a big early-season divisional matchup, as the Tennessee Titans are expected to be the Texans' main competition for the divisional crown.
It should be a great duel between two quality running backs (Texans' Arian Foster and Titans' Chris Johnson), thus giving the Texans their first meaningful victory of the season.

4 and 0 would be a most excellent "first quarter" of the season!!

Old 04-20-2012   #37
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

The Bleacher guy predicts losses against Timmy & the Jets, Mr. Discount-Double-Check, Tom Terrific and the Pats, and the Titans (home & home split).

So we end the season with a 12-4 record.

I could live with that.
Old 04-21-2012   #38
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 86293 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

I feel that the team currently could get 10 wins out of that schedule. Of course I'm allowed to change my mind until the dolphins game kicks off.
Old 04-21-2012   #39
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 320620 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

A lot depends on Schaub's health.

If TJ starts the season and Schaub finishes it, I'm saying... 19-0.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012   #40
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 34380 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Those 1st two games might be routs. Real talk.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read