Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 04-17-2012   #1
RT22
Veteran

Rep Power: 3883 RT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default What QB fits our offense after the 1st Round?

With Schaubs health and his contract I think we will take a QB earlier that people think. In Free Agency there is none worth noting. With that I like Russell Wilson from Wisconsin. I think he fits the offense very well. If this guy was 6-2 he would be talked about more. I would like him in the 4th to push TJ in the off season. I'm sure we will find a vet somewhere as a camp body. Who do you like?
RT22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012   #2
Mari-OWNED!
Bucco Bruce

Rep Power: 4281 Mari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What QB fits our offense after the 1st Round?

According to Greg Cosell, San Diego State's Ryan Lindley would be a good fit in Houston's bootleg offense.

Per Rotoworld:

Quote:
NFL Films guru Greg Cosell believes San Diego State's Ryan Lindley is the draft's "most intriguing" quarterback.

Lindley's accuracy was panned at the Senior Bowl, but Cosell says he made "more NFL throws than any quarterback (I've) evaluated on film." Admitting Lindley's accuracy is "scattershot," Cosell nevertheless expects him to draw interest from "play action intermediate/vertical teams." He'll likely be a day-three pick.

Source: Greg Cosell on Twitter
Mari-OWNED! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012   #3
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari-OWNED! View Post
According to Greg Cosell, San Diego State's Ryan Lindley would be a good fit in Houston's bootleg offense.

Per Rotoworld:
This is who I was going to say. Good size at about 6'4", 4 year starter, athletic, my concern is his accuracy.

RT22, yep if Wilson was a bit taller he'd be a lock for at least the second round. Kid's got good intangibles.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012   #4
Lucky

Rep Power: 145631 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

I wouldn't spend a draft pick on him, but Nathan Dick of Central Arkansas is a guy the Texans could bring in as a UDFA. Good size, good athlete, with an above average arm. He's someone that Kubiak could work with on the practice squad.
Old 04-18-2012   #5
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21345 aussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

BJ coleman his got a lot of work to do but his got the NFL measurables you want in a project. he has very good intangibles and his a leader on his team and loves football, in others words very coachable
aussie_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012   #6
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected

I think if Nick Foles falls in to the 4th round they may go for him, but that's just a guess. I know the Texans will draft a QB in the later rounds (4-7) because they only have 2 on the roster right now. I just don't have a feel at this time for where that will be. JMHO!
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012   #7
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 143539 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari-OWNED! View Post

Per Rotoworld:
Per our mock (Beerlover, RMartin65 and BADBOY) we support Lindley.
Old 04-18-2012   #8
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 143539 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensilence View Post
This is who I was going to say. Good size at about 6'4", 4 year starter, athletic, my concern is his accuracy.

RT22, yep if Wilson was a bit taller he'd be a lock for at least the second round. Kid's got good intangibles.
If we could give inches in height, I'd give em to Kellen Moore.
Old 04-18-2012   #9
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
If we could give inches in height, I'd give em to Kellen Moore.
I would take Wilson over Moore any day of the week.
mussop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012   #10
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81923 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Lindley is the guy I would target late.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012   #11
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I woud take Wilson over any of those guys, but the guy I really... LOL, you all know who I'm talking about - is also approved by Jon Gruden:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idM2PMsJL74

Quote:
"Somebody is going to take you; and somebody (who) doesn't, will regret - I have that feeling".
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012   #12
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Some more comments on Keenum from Gruden:

This is not inflated production; this is NFL production.

This is hard to teach. You can't coach guts.
These are some of the plays that make me say that there's no doubt (big emphasis) that you'll be just fine.
Not many guys can stare down the gun barrel like this and throw a strike.
Big time throw.

... Ability to make throw from akward body angle (across the body, from tight space).

Every tape that I pick up, the balls are like... the balls are rockets.
This is big time stuff.

I don't care what everybody else says, I like Keenum.
Old 04-19-2012   #13
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 39244 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

I really like Cousins in the fourth, should he drop based on the prognostication of his value.
Old 04-19-2012   #14
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Some more comments on Keenum from Gruden:

This is not inflated production; this is NFL production.

This is hard to teach. You can't coach guts.
These are some of the plays that make me say that there's no doubt (big emphasis) that you'll be just fine.
Not many guys can stare down the gun barrel like this and throw a strike.
Big time throw.

... Ability to make throw from akward body angle (across the body, from tight space).

Every tape that I pick up, the balls are like... the balls are rockets.
This is big time stuff.

I don't care what everybody else says, I like Keenum.
I like Keenum and Wilson too.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012   #15
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 224375 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
I woud take Wilson over any of those guys, but the guy I really... LOL, you all know who I'm talking about - is also approved by Jon Gruden:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idM2PMsJL74

Quote:
"Somebody is going to take you; and somebody (who) doesn't, will regret - I have that feeling".
Contrast that with Goldilocks down in JAX.
Old 04-19-2012   #16
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 75541 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie_texan View Post
BJ coleman his got a lot of work to do but his got the NFL measurables you want in a project. he has very good intangibles and his a leader on his team and loves football, in others words very coachable
Love Coleman as a late rd pick.

Keenum is a fav of mine too.

Both of these guys are coaches sons, with a high football I.Q.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012   #17
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Contrast that with Goldilocks down in JAX.
Goldilocks scored a 42 on the Wonderlic.
He's so smart, he knew not to get hurt, so he chucks and ducks, LOL!
Old 04-19-2012   #18
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 265614 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Goldilocks scored a 42 on the Wonderlic.
He's so smart, he knew not to get hurt, so he chucks and ducks, LOL!
2012 scores

Andrew Luck scored a 37
Ryan Lindley 35
Ryan Tannehill's 34
Kirk Cousins (33)
Nick Foles (29)
Russell Wilson (28)
Brandon Weeden (27)
Kellen Moore (26)
Brock Osweiler (25).
Robert Griffin III scored a 24
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012   #19
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie_texan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Love Coleman as a late rd pick.

Keenum is a fav of mine too.

Both of these guys are coaches sons, with a high football I.Q.
Yeah, Coleman looks like a pretty good late round prospect; I probably wouldn't mind the Texans taking him either.

There aren't a lot of tapes on him, but watching him play in the Shriner game, against Nebraska and Auburn, is a pretty good indicator.
He had his bad moments but also showed quite a bit.

I wonder about his numerous multiple-INT games though (we don't know if any of those were the fault of the receiver or not).
Old 04-19-2012   #20
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
I really like Cousins in the fourth, should he drop based on the prognostication of his value.
Keenum, Wilson, and Cousins were the 3 QBs that played the best under pressure last year.

Coupled with the fact that he played in a pro-style offense, I don't think he will last until the fourth round.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read