Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 04-17-2012   #1
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 145918 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default How important is NFL draft to you?

Most of you know I am a draft nut but what about you? I really look forward to it and re-arrange my schedule for three days. I have mock boards scattered all over my living room and mark off names as each team selects. I get very hopeful and often P.O. when our picks don't go way I want. I plan meals for each day to allow me to focus on screen. I have at least one sports radio station on and often two radios with different programs. I flip back and forth between ESPN & NFL. Cell phones are on vibrate and I usually disregard calls. Plus I have the TT MB up and running. I also do a lot of pacing.

I think this draft could be the most significant in recent history but am concerned that our #26 will not be a happy one for me.

Describe your "war room" or if you even watch.
Old 04-17-2012   #2
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 281155 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: How important is NFL draft to you?

I enjoy the ever-lovin' shyte out of the draft and everything that leads up to it.

My watch room is same as for games -- big screen & big laptop nearby. I DVR NFLN & ESPN and I always get pissed when the commentary skips over the Texans pick in depth analysis in favor of the "popular" teams. I'll be following Twitter this year, too -- see what value is added there.

I don't often get upset at picks -- although Cushing over Clay Matthews burned my butt.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012   #3
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Loved the old format... not so much on how it's going to be done moving forward.

Used to be wake up..start BBQing with friends...crack beer at first overall pick and start speculating until sundown. Repeat Sunday.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012   #4
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34423 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

I watch the draft but don't follow college sports too much so the later rounders are a usually a bit of a blur to me.
Old 04-17-2012   #5
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21345 aussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Well i took annual leave on saturday (rounds 2-3 here down under) so I'm all in.
Ill have a couple of friends over not to much because i don't want to get distracted.
Im currently finalising my final mock and draft board so ill have them next to me.
Ill have espn on my telly and NFL network on my comp.
So I'm pretty set.

Classic arm chair GM!
aussie_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012   #6
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 52901 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
I watch the draft but don't follow college sports too much so the later rounders are a usually a bit of a blur to me.
I'm about the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012   #7
MistaRed
Veteran

Rep Power: 9162 MistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respected

Took Thursday and Friday off so I can watch the entire draft(I don't work weekends)
MistaRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-17-2012   #8
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Most of you know I am a draft nut but what about you? I really look forward to it and re-arrange my schedule for three days. I have mock boards scattered all over my living room and mark off names as each team selects. I get very hopeful and often P.O. when our picks don't go way I want. I plan meals for each day to allow me to focus on screen. I have at least one sports radio station on and often two radios with different programs. I flip back and forth between ESPN & NFL. Cell phones are on vibrate and I usually disregard calls. Plus I have the TT MB up and running. I also do a lot of pacing.

I think this draft could be the most significant in recent history but am concerned that our #26 will not be a happy one for me.

Describe your "war room" or if you even watch.
I like the draft more than I do the regular season. Need I say more?
mussop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012   #9
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

The draft is really fun to me, but it's not very important.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012   #10
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 17572 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

The first couple of days are fun for sure. The mid-late round picks are very important and can really make or break a draft but i don't usually know many of the players involved so i can't get excited about anything.
Old 04-18-2012   #11
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27154 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

The draft is like Christmas in April, you get presents but you don't get to pick which ones. I watch in the bedroom so I won't be botherd so much and make mental notes as the draft goes on. I get mad when one of my favorite players that I know would be great as a Texan gets picked by someone else. I immediately start checking out a player when we pick someone I'm not familiar with. My wife hates draft time.

Last edited by Wolf6151; 04-18-2012 at 05:19 AM.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012   #12
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 88375 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Love it.

Will be up in the early hours of the morning watching it, wife thinks I am CRAZY.
Old 04-18-2012   #13
4Texans
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46 4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected

I love it! I flip channels between the espn and NFL coverage, and have the laptop running to keep track. I don't do my own mocks, but will have a couple printed out just to follow. After the first 4-5 rounds I start losing interest, and just check it periodically. One of my kids birthdays falls during draft time. I couldn't control the birth, but my wife knows not to plan the birthday party the weekend of the draft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-18-2012   #14
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 52212 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

The draft is the singular most intriguing non-sporting event in the free world. It combines hundreds of College Football games on Saturdays, NFL on Sundays, Mondays, Thursdays etc..... then breaking down individual prospects trying to project future results. Then combining thousands of players, variables, into one neat package of best possibilities fitting into a Texan uniform that will inspire and engage our community

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012   #15
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 73433 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

I soak it up. I will watch the entire thing. My personal life tries to get in the way but I wont let it.
Blake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012   #16
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 94100 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm only interested in the guys that have the chance to come in and start so beyond the 1st 3 rounds, not very. And after those rounds, i just wait until the draft is over to see who else we got. To be honest after the 2nd round, i'm turning the channel and watching something else until the Texans' pick comes up again.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012   #17
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 145918 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie_texan View Post
Well i took annual leave on saturday (rounds 2-3 here down under) so I'm all in.
Ill have a couple of friends over not to much because i don't want to get distracted.
Im currently finalising my final mock and draft board so ill have them next to me.
Ill have espn on my telly and NFL network on my comp.
So I'm pretty set.

Classic arm chair GM!
I don't have friends over as don't want the distraction. Like with the games a whole lot of non-football stuff going on. Last year a group of us were watching Texans and cooking out by lakeside pool. A female neighbor kept running her mouth about her Cowboys which was bad enough but almost everything she said was not correct or accurate. The drunker she got the worse she became. Her husband got drunk even quicker but at least he was silent except when he rolled out of the lawn chair and busted himself. 2 guys had to carry him home.

aussie make sure you post your final thread by draft day.
Old 04-18-2012   #18
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 89506 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
The draft is like Christmas in April
I've said exactly this for years. For as long as I can remember I have followed it. I'm typically pretty cheap ,but starting in February I make pilgramages to various book stores scooping up any draft publication I could find. Most years I could make it to about the 6th round before a player I wasnt familiar with got drafted.

I am that guy who got mad about 6th and 7th round picks when I felt there was better value on the board. And I am the guy who is so intent on finding out our pick that I can remember cussing ESPN every single year for their "The Texans pick is up, go to commecial" habbit.
Old 04-18-2012   #19
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
The draft is the singular most intriguing non-sporting event in the free world. It combines hundreds of College Football games on Saturdays, NFL on Sundays, Mondays, Thursdays etc..... then breaking down individual prospects trying to project future results. Then combining thousands of players, variables, into one neat package of best possibilities fitting into a Texan uniform that will inspire and engage our community
There you go, I am wound up again! Doesn't take much. I probably will not sleep much beginning the night before round one. I pity the fool who knocks on my door!

Every year at this time I remember a prior draft and me saying who the hell is Demeco Ryans? chuckle. Not so fond memory is Texans not selecting CB Darrelle Revis. Took me a while to get over that, wait..still not over it.
Old 04-18-2012   #20
TexCanada
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6655 TexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respected

My interest in the draft has gone way up since I joined this board. You guys are the main source of information for me since I don't watch college ball at all. I still do way more reading then posting though.
TexCanada is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read