Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-17-2012   #21
The Third Man
All Pro

Rep Power: 6350 The Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: NFL Network State of the Texans

It's not too much to expect the NFL Network to offer an accurate assessment of each of their teams. Sorry, they have the resources to put the Texans off-season moves in context in a three minute segment. I don't expect Willie McGinest to know the ins and outs of the team, but the network can provide him with accurate research, or find someone who can. They simply can't put out a segment with such misinformation about Williams and the team. I could produce a better segment than that.
The Third Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012   #22
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 94100 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

mcginest clearly crammed for the test with his synopsis as there were so many things wrong with what he said, i thought he was talking about another team. The NFL network could've kept that.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012   #23
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 93451 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

I want that 3:26 of my life back. What a waste of time.
DocBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012   #24
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
All talking about who the Texans' first round pick will be I'll say I'm not SURE there'll be one.

My last dollar says Rick will do everything he can to trade down for more ammo. He might not be able to find a dance partner but my gut says he's on the horn now and has been trying to find one.

My money says he will.
If the 49ers or Giants really really want Fleener, then trade back with them. We don't have to pick up another pick, instead we could offer 26 and a 3rd for their 1st and 2nd. I don't think we really need more than the 8 picks we already have, so I would be in favor of trading picks up or getting 2013 picks.
Old 04-18-2012   #25
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 93451 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
All talking about who the Texans' first round pick will be I'll say I'm not SURE there'll be one.

My last dollar says Rick will do everything he can to trade down for more ammo. He might not be able to find a dance partner but my gut says he's on the horn now and has been trying to find one.

My money says he will.
I see where you're coming from, but it will definitely depend on circumstances with who's left on the board. I wouldn;t be butt hurt either way.
DocBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012   #26
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 212038 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

My money says he will.
I hope you're correct.
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012   #27
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

I am not in favor of trading down.

If we were coming off a bad year, building something new that required extra picks (like we did when we installed the ZBS scheme and traded down in order to get Brown and Slaton) then I understand a trade down.

But there will be several 1st round-quality players that slip to #26 for us to stay where we are and get TRUE quality at #26. I firmly believe it.

If not, and the best guys on the Texans' radar are gone...then "Yes" a trade down and grab extra ammo would be smart. But I just think we're going to have 1, or 2, or even 3 or 4 guys left for us at #26 that we can pick and be good to go with.

We will not take a QB, nor RB, CB, DL, K, P. I think at this point it's safe to say the first round pick will be either a TE, WR, OL, LB and a very outside shot of S. Fleener at TE, if he's there, is my pick. It makes Owen Daniels expendable after 2012 and gives us quality TE material for the future. It's the safe but smart pick by a mile, IMO.

It's the type of pick teams like the Patriots make at the back end of round 1. It should be against the law for us to get a TE like Fleener at #26 with the type of offense we have. If he's there, it's dumb to pass on him.
Old 04-18-2012   #28
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 17572 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

ESPN is just as bad. Mark Schlereth was talking about how Demeco was one of the only truly great LBs in the league and how he was little known because he spent his entire career in Houston, and talked about how "exceptionally well" he played last year coming off of an injury.
Old 04-27-2012   #29
Quick II Draw
Veteran

Rep Power: 2095 Quick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respected

I guess Old Man Billick wasn't so crazy after all
Quick II Draw is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read