Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 04-16-2012   #1
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 120208 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Cromartie Blocking Kids' Reality TV Show

Quote:
If you think "Basketball Wives" is entertaining, your head might explode imagining the latest idea for a sports-related reality show.

A TV production company has decided it wants to put together a reality show around NFL player Antonio Cromartie's many children trying to co-exist as a modern family. The New York Post reports the Jets cornerback recently had his second child with his wife, but that doesn't even begin to tell the story.

Cromartie, 27, has a total of 10 children with eight women in six states across America. A majority of the mothers have teamed up so the kids can get to know their half brothers and sisters all over the country, thanks to a reality TV deal.

The NFL player has kids in New Jersey, North Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Texas and California, where he used to play for the Chargers.

Not surprisingly, Cromartie doesn't want his numerous children being featured on reality TV. He's blocked production of his show, despite the fact the many mothers claim they need the extra money. The women claim the show will help the kids bond with their half-siblings. Furthermore, they've asked for Antonio's support, but so far he's not budging.

Cromartie, whose contract with the Jets is worth more than $30 million, pays over $3,500 to each woman every month, with the exception of one.
http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/dish...eality-tv-show
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012   #2
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 239367 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Cromartie Blocking Kids' Reality TV Show

When you thought a low-life couldn't get any lower............he does........
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012   #3
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 40232 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The New York Post reports the Jets cornerback recently had his second child with his wife
lolz...

9 wasn't enough. won't be long after football until he's dead broke.
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012   #4
gg no re
iggnorent

Rep Power: 42567 gg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
to play devil's advocate... maybe he doesn't want his kids to go the route of the hiltons and kardashians, to be famous for being famous.
gg no re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012   #5
TheEastwood
Veteran

Rep Power: 935 TheEastwood is a quality contributor and well respectedTheEastwood is a quality contributor and well respectedTheEastwood is a quality contributor and well respectedTheEastwood is a quality contributor and well respectedTheEastwood is a quality contributor and well respectedTheEastwood is a quality contributor and well respectedTheEastwood is a quality contributor and well respectedTheEastwood is a quality contributor and well respectedTheEastwood is a quality contributor and well respectedTheEastwood is a quality contributor and well respectedTheEastwood is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

What? This is probably the best thing he could have done for them. He pays 3500 a month per kid. Thats 42k a year for the mothers. That's more than enough to take care of the kid. This is a play by the mothers to cash in on the reality tv craze. They're trying to get famous at the expense of their own children. If you ask me, the mothers trying to put their kids on camera 24/7 are the low-lifes
TheEastwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012   #6
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19818 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

He's an id-i-ot, get a vasectomy already you dumbass.
Old 04-17-2012   #7
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Cromartie Blocking Kids' Reality TV Show

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEastwood View Post
What? This is probably the best thing he could have done for them. He pays 3500 a month per kid. Thats 42k a year for the mothers. That's more than enough to take care of the kid. This is a play by the mothers to cash in on the reality tv craze. They're trying to get famous at the expense of their own children. If you ask me, the mothers trying to put their kids on camera 24/7 are the low-lifes
I agree, also think it is a power play by him. Who loses? The kids.

I gave up on American society a few years back.

I love Ameria but I am glad I won't be here in 100 years at the pace we are going....
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-17-2012   #8
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 145735 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEastwood View Post
In abstract, I agree, but I do applaud all these various mothers working to make sure the kids know their half-siblings.
Old 04-17-2012   #9
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Dude pays 294,000 a year for his kids to be taken care of.

"Now I ain't sayin' they's golddiggers...but...."
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012   #10
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 72911 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post

Could be even more. Who knows how much lucky #8 gets
Old 04-17-2012   #11
Khari
Administrator

Section: Varies
Rep Power: 28871 Khari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post

Dude should learn what condoms are...
Old 04-17-2012   #12
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 103999 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

So wait. He's paying 3500/month to each of these parents and they say they need more money and the best way to get that is to make the kids a dramatic show on TV? I don't know, how about get a @#$(ing job. If they make just minimum wage that means they will have an income of around $57K/year.

This is a clear attempt by the mothers to take advantage of the children. What is it with groups of 8 kids that turn people into attention whores? (Octomom reference)

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012   #13
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 120208 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khari View Post
I guess he covers his willie like he covers receivers
(no pun intended)
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012   #14
NastyNate
I go kerplunk

Section: Uranus
Rep Power: 57330 NastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
For not wanting to create yet another layer of crap reality tv and air out his dirty laundry? Dude has obviously made really bad decision after really bad decision, but I can understand his unwillingness to go with this.

And yeah, no woman deserves 3500 a month just for getting knocked up. Child support is so *****ed in this country.
Old 04-18-2012   #15
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69511 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyNate View Post
For not wanting to create yet another layer of crap reality tv and air out his dirty laundry? Dude has obviously made really bad decision after really bad decision, but I can understand his unwillingness to go with this.

And yeah, no woman deserves 3500 a month just for getting knocked up. Child support is so *****ed in this country.

I'm not sure that the child support system is either fair or just. However I know how he could have avoided paying 300k a year in child support. Maybe at the start of this baby making process he didn't have a clue how it worked but one would think by kid #5-9 he would have figured it out
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012   #16
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 260168 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

There is no right side in this story. Trying to defend either side just comes up hollow.
Old 04-18-2012   #17
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 50323 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

So he's never been rooster blocked apparently but he wants to do the rooster blocking.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012   #18
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyNate View Post

People live off of much, much less. Plus, it's not like he's a pencil pusher who can work in this field until he's 90.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012   #19
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 107589 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khari View Post
He gave eight women the chance to show him, and they all collectively failed.
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012   #20
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanmike View Post
So wait. He's paying 3500/month to each of these parents and they say they need more money and the best way to get that is to make the kids a dramatic show on TV? I don't know, how about get a @#$(ing job. If they make just minimum wage that means they will have an income of around $57K/year.

This is a clear attempt by the mothers to take advantage of the children. What is it with groups of 8 kids that turn people into attention whores? (Octomom reference)

Mike

I really don't think it's possible to wrap this up any better than you just did. This in every detail.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read