Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 04-16-2012   #1
EmDiggy
Veteran

Rep Power: 6533 EmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Football Gameplan's 2012 NFL Mock Draft Video - Final Mock

2012 Mock Draft Video - April

Good afternoon Texans fans! Here's my final mock for April!

Enjoy!

Em
EmDiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012   #2
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Football Gameplan's 2012 NFL Mock Draft Video - Final Mock

Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa, did you say the Bucs improved their secondary by signing Eric Wright? No way man, no way, he will be the biggest bust of this free agency class. He is a terrible CB and didn't deserve anywhere near the amount of guaranteed money they gave him. If Claiborne goes to the Bucs, I would bank on him becoming the #1 CB at some point in the season.

Not a fan of Blackmon at #4 any more. I think Richardson is the real deal and a much better prospect. I'm hoping the Browns take him there as I think he will be an AP type of player. He can be used the same way they used Hillis, so he should fit right in. As you said with RBs, there are impact ones later in the draft, I think the same can be said of WRs. Lots of good ones in the 2-4 rounds. The Browns could probably get Jeffery at 37 due to all of the issues surrounding him, much like the way they took Greg Little last year. Would love to see the Browns get RB Richardson at 4, OT Martin at 22 and WR Jeffery/Randle/Hill (whoever falls) at 37. The offense seriously needs an overhaul, and that would be a great start. They signed so many DE/Ts in free agency that I have to expect them to skip D-line help until later rounds.

Edit: Texans taking Randle at 26 is certainly an option. Some people want Hill/Wright, others Konz, or a LB, or a DT. Our pick is kind of all over the place, so it's tough to project. Randle seems to fit the Kubiak mold, and after posting the 4.42 time at his pro-day, I think he may just sneak into the 1st round after all. I certainly prefer him over Hill.
Old 04-16-2012   #3
EmDiggy
Veteran

Rep Power: 6533 EmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Football Gameplan's 2012 NFL Mock Draft Video - Final Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa, did you say the Bucs improved their secondary by signing Eric Wright? No way man, no way, he will be the biggest bust of this free agency class. He is a terrible CB and didn't deserve anywhere near the amount of guaranteed money they gave him. If Claiborne goes to the Bucs, I would bank on him becoming the #1 CB at some point in the season.

Not a fan of Blackmon at #4 any more. I think Richardson is the real deal and a much better prospect. I'm hoping the Browns take him there as I think he will be an AP type of player. He can be used the same way they used Hillis, so he should fit right in. As you said with RBs, there are impact ones later in the draft, I think the same can be said of WRs. Lots of good ones in the 2-4 rounds. The Browns could probably get Jeffery at 37 due to all of the issues surrounding him, much like the way they took Greg Little last year. Would love to see the Browns get RB Richardson at 4, OT Martin at 22 and WR Jeffery/Randle/Hill (whoever falls) at 37. The offense seriously needs an overhaul, and that would be a great start. They signed so many DE/Ts in free agency that I have to expect them to skip D-line help until later rounds.

Edit: Texans taking Randle at 26 is certainly an option. Some people want Hill/Wright, others Konz, or a LB, or a DT. Our pick is kind of all over the place, so it's tough to project. Randle seems to fit the Kubiak mold, and after posting the 4.42 time at his pro-day, I think he may just sneak into the 1st round after all. I certainly prefer him over Hill.
The Browns can't go wrong with their top 3 picks unless they take a QB with one of them.

Richardson is not in the same class as AP..that's just media hype. Richardson is similar to Marshawn Lynch. The fact that Blackmon & Miller are explosive makes them more ideal fits for what Cleveland wants to do offensively. Richardson would slow that offense down just a bit. Lamar Miller is a legit breakaway threat
EmDiggy is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read