Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-17-2012   #41
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Male Tries out for Texans cheerleader sqaud

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
Let's not kid ourselves about why all of these girls are professional cheerleaders, either, because it's a SERIOUS ego boost. Most of those girls wouldn't speak to most people if they weren't getting to do it in front of cameras. This thing about all their charity work is just really part of what they have to do to keep getting on camera showing it off at professional football games for all their ex-high school peers to see.
I would think there are some who do that, and then there's some who (a) love football, probably grew up in a family who loved to watch football, and (b) figure this is a great way to make a few extra bucks and to be a part of a big organization on national TV.

It helps them down the road when they apply for a higher paying job and can list "Texans Cheerleader." That'll make you stand out in the pile of applications sitting on a desk in the HR department.

I don't think they all have the ego problems.
Old 04-17-2012   #42
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
You've just confirmed what I have known for YEARS!! Most of you GUYS do NOT care about talent, hard work, community service, or overall contributions the cheerleaders make. ALL YOU MORONS care about is BOOBS AND ASS!! You make me SICK!

BTW: My granddaughter has two males in her drill team class at LPHS. I went to their Spring show, and I can guarantee you those two guys were better than most of the girls.
WTF? I was the second person to stick up for male cheerleaders behind Hutto.
NitroGSXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012   #43
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

The 2012 Baltimore Ravens cheerleader squad has 40 females and 20 men. I don't do links. If you don't believe me go look it up yourself.

I knew there was one NFL team that had male cheerleaders and thought it was the Ravens. I remember seeing them at our playoff game there in January. Their entire squad is more like a real cheerleading squad, not a dance team. They were fun to watch.

I'm not making any further comments about you guys lusting over women in skimpy unis. I think you all are closet perverts!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012   #44
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 303034 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm not making any further comments about you guys lusting over women in skimpy unis. I think you all are closet perverts!!
Liking the opposite sex makes you a pervert? Heck back in 2002 my wife started a game of picking out which cheerleader was cutest in each squad.

I will say since we sit front row in front of one of the cheerleader squads it is annoying to have guys come down waiting for the girls to bend over or kick to get a picture as if they had never seen a girl before. Came very close to a fight when one guy did it during a critical 4th quarter 3rd down play.
Old 04-17-2012   #45
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 223599 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
We're guys. It's what we do.

And yes, there is a difference between most NFL cheerleader squads being mostly dancers and for show, and college cheerleader squads who do more of what we might call actual cheerleading that involve much more training and practice.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012   #46
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 301240 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
We're guys. It's what we do.

And yes, there is a difference between most NFL cheerleader squads being mostly dancers and for show, and college cheerleader squads who do more of what we might call actual cheerleading that involve much more training and practice.
I think cheerleaders are at the games as eye candy to help placate fans during the rather long television timeouts. They are a gimmick, like Toro and the racing cars on the big screen.

I do not think they were all that effective at leading cheers during the Bengals playoff game. 70,000 rabid Texans fans did not need any 'leaders' to make that place loud and rowdy.

Some of us do not need all the whistles and bells at a FOOTBALL game, but I do not mind it. I go to the games to see FOOTBALL, and none of this extra flair has any impact on my decision to buy tickets. The Texans could strip it down to minimum like the Packers and I would still be there for one thing: FOOTBALL.

BTW, I have great respect for women, but I can appreciate the sight of a beautiful woman, as well. After all, they do dress in skimpy outfits to be looked at, and people are kidding themselves to think otherwise.

If the Texans want to add males to the squad like the Ravens, I could care less. Maybe they would get into some more traditional cheer-leading routines with the acrobatics and stuff. It's all good.
Old 04-17-2012   #47
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 122284 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You've just confirmed what I have known for YEARS!! Most of you GUYS do NOT care about talent, hard work, community service, or overall contributions the cheerleaders make. ALL YOU MORONS care about is BOOBS AND ASS!! You make me SICK!

BTW: My granddaughter has two males in her drill team class at LPHS. I went to their Spring show, and I can guarantee you those two guys were better than most of the girls.
You have enlightend me and inspired me to make a change. I am now a coming out of the Closet pervert. Feels good to be out here. I can get a better look at the texans cheerleaders. C'mon please don't become the dexmanc of woman's lib.
Old 04-17-2012   #48
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The 2012 Baltimore Ravens cheerleader squad has 40 females and 20 men. I don't do links. If you don't believe me go look it up yourself.

I knew there was one NFL team that had male cheerleaders and thought it was the Ravens. I remember seeing them at our playoff game there in January. Their entire squad is more like a real cheerleading squad, not a dance team. They were fun to watch.

I am offended you would think that I am (or Bill for that matter) is in the closet about being a pervert.

But I do love ya G'Ma, give em hell.
Old 04-17-2012   #49
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
I am offended you would think that I am (or Bill for that matter) is in the closet about being a pervert.

Believe when I tell you, WE ALL KNOW You're a pervert!!!!
Old 04-19-2012   #50
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post

Good grief Thomas!! Where ya been hidin out?? Haven't seen ya around here in ages, and you chime in on the cheerleader thread! Ya haven't changed a bit I can tell!!

LOVE ya to old friend, and you know me, I LOVE teasing these guys and stirring the pot a little. Makes me laugh when they get so worked up over tits and ass, AND legs that go up into armpits!!
Old 04-21-2012   #51
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 194681 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
-.- .. ... ... / -- -.-- / .- ... ...

I'm pretty sure I don't need to look that up to know what he said
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012   #52
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 194681 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

LINK

Damn... who knew? And they've been co-ed for a while now

and I ain't in no damned closet.
I'm just not as <ahem> "accomplished" as TB is...
Old 04-21-2012   #53
jtexas
Veteran

Rep Power: 967 jtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
Women can't play at Augusta and men can't dance in shorty shorts for public consumption.

Can't we all just get along? Does every barrier HAVE to be broken?
Some individuals who are different love to point out their differences for attention. They are mad about the way they are so they try and force everyone to accept whatever they want to do/be. There is no way on earth any gay guy would think it's a good idea to actually make the team. You have the most testosterone driven sport in America and we don't want to see a guy in a speedo showing us his moves.
jtexas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012   #54
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 70440 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

I would rather be cheerleader-less so having a few dudes on the squad does not bother me.
Old 04-21-2012   #55
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

This is as stupid as the guy who filed a law suite against Hooters for discrimination because they wouldn't hire him as a waiter. Stupid people!
mussop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012   #56
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
This is as stupid as the guy who filed a law suite against Hooters for discrimination because they wouldn't hire him as a waiter. Stupid people!
There's no lawsuit involved in this instance - at least I haven't heard of one....
Dude just wanted a try out. They gave him one. He didn't make the squad. End of story.

You should check out the link to the Ravens' male cheerleaders; none of those guys sound like this guy. One is a firefighter in his day job. Another is an Afghanistan war vet. They seem like regular dudes who made the squad. Plus, as one of them said, they have the best gameday "seats in the house".
Old 04-22-2012   #57
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
There's no lawsuit involved in this instance - at least I haven't heard of one....
Dude just wanted a try out. They gave him one. He didn't make the squad. End of story.

You should check out the link to the Ravens' male cheerleaders; none of those guys sound like this guy. One is a firefighter in his day job. Another is an Afghanistan war vet. They seem like regular dudes who made the squad. Plus, as one of them said, they have the best gameday "seats in the house".
They are truly awesome! Seems like they are mostly there for stunt support, but, they are very masculine, IMHO, and add a lot to the type of cheerleading the Ravens squad does. They do more traditional cheerleading, not DANCE.
Old 04-22-2012   #58
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
They are truly awesome! Seems like they are mostly there for stunt support, but, they are very masculine, IMHO, and add a lot to the type of cheerleading the Ravens squad does. They do more traditional cheerleading, not DANCE.
Gma, you have inspired me to try out next year.

Somehow, I don't think I'll have much of a chance since I have a little bit of a gut and I'm somewhat in my 40's.
Old 04-23-2012   #59
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Gma, you have inspired me to try out next year.

Somehow, I don't think I'll have much of a chance since I have a little bit of a gut and I'm somewhat in my 40's.
You would love it sweetie!! The first time one of those gals landed in your arms and you crashed to the ground with her on TOP of you, you'd be in cheerleading heaven!!
Old 04-23-2012   #60
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 120414 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
There was a reason I took a typing class in school. I was the only guy in that class. I loved it. Man, that was long time ago.
ME TOO! The day I got my transfer back into woodshop a new student sat down next to me. A GORGEOUS, blue eyed blonde named Crystal with warheads visible from SPACE...I then realized how usefull a skill typing is and how it would benefit me as much as the three years of woodshop I'd already taken.
A male cheerleader? An opportunity to hold, beautiful, muscular, flexible women up by their rear ends. I'm sorry...NOT seeing a problem.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read