Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-17-2012   #161
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 172585 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2012 Schedule

Adam Schefter ‏ @AdamSchefter Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
Ten teams have three consecutive home games, while Green Bay and Houston are the only clubs with three straight road trips.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012   #162
Lucky

Rep Power: 99011 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanBacker93 View Post
I think we only got the 1 primetime home game because we only have 2 teams coming here that are worthy of the spot. Well, we could have gotten a TNF game against a division rival I guess.
The league is allowing only one Thursday game per team. Since The Texans are on Thanksgiving at Detroit, no TNF games.
Old 04-17-2012   #163
Lucky

Rep Power: 99011 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Adam Schefter ‏ @AdamSchefter Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
Ten teams have three consecutive home games, while Green Bay and Houston are the only clubs with three straight road trips.
But, the Texans are one of those 10 with three consecutive home games
Old 04-17-2012   #164
MistaRed
Veteran

Rep Power: 6636 MistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respected

Loving this schedule. Plenty of love from the national media.

Way too early prediction:14-2
MistaRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012   #165
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

early thoughts

Miami - hmm anyone think trap game well not at home i dont care what QB they have Moore David or Tanahill hes getting HIT !!!!!!!!!!!

@Jacksonville - ill like to add the 1st Qtr of our sechudle looks very Cupcake 2 me !!! anywho jags last year we beat them without throwing a pass in the 2nd half nuff said

@Denver - hopefully ol peyton is on IR by this time wouldnt that be so lucky 4 US i would say this is the biggest game so far but its not there not in our divison

Tennessee - BIggest game so far lets go AT HOME !!!!!!!! aganist a team that could barley beat our Junior Vairsety Team last year how can u not lok at tenn at home has Cupcake SRSY ill say agian could not beat our JV team

@New York - 2nd qtr ok i dont know about yall but im sick of deees Jets beating us what are we like 0-3 lately aganist deez jets MY GWAD we need some revenge and close dis gap LOL

Green Bay - TBO real talk here this game does not matter why because there not in our conference we really need to focus on a game that matters a bit more the RAVENS the next week i dont care if GB beats us 60 to 10 has long has we beat the Ravens

Baltimore - WE have NEVER beaten this team i think its time to get this monkey off our back Biggest game of the season so far

Bye

Buffalo - i would say trap but u cant be trapped at home CUPCAKE TEAM

@Chicago -it will still pretty much be summer still at this point what can i say about CHI ZZZZzzzzzz ZZZ uhhhh

Jacksonville - Divison game lets GO !!!!

@Detroit - Happy thanksgiving !!!!!

@Tennessee - Divison game that maybe decide the fate of the divison OR by this point tenn could be in shambles...i for one think we deff wont be in shambles either way hopefully we crush the tacks at there place like last year i went to that game very fun to watch LOL

@New England - O **** Hardest game of the season lets just hide this week and get rdy to wrap up strong :P

Indianapolis - Divison game lets go !!!!!!
Minnesota - just because there in our way and our SWagg should be at a all time high at this point lets crush these boyz !!!!!!!!!

@Indianapolis - My gwad we have never won in INDY !!!!!! Lets crush these boyz and GET out #1seed yeah i said it LOL
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012   #166
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 57173 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
That's 'cause we're bad ass, and they know it!

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012   #167
The Medic01
Veteran

Rep Power: 1875 The Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
Why?? 4 of them are away! Besides, we don't do well on National TV.

I'm ok with the schedule, but, not crazy about having so many primetime away games. BUT, I guess this will either make us or break us. If we can't win on the road, then we don't stand a chance of making it to NO in Feb. Jets, Bears, Lions, and Pats. All could be playoff teams.
eff that if we cant win when everyone is watching we will be one and done if we even make the playoffs.
The Medic01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-17-2012   #168
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 18937 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Don't play Indy until late in the season, don't like that at all. Gives Luck more time to figure things out. That being said, we should still whoop em.
Old 04-17-2012   #169
Fili
All Pro

Rep Power: 3890 Fili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respected

We got a nice end of the season in for us. Hopefully we can rest up for playoffs then....
Old 04-17-2012   #170
rollinstone18
let it bleed

Rep Power: 2574 rollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respected

texans on thanksgiving? yes, please!

decent bye week placement. i think 11-5 is certainly achievable.
rollinstone18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012   #171
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 31376 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

From a tailgating perspective, I'd rather have noon games. I like this schedule.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012   #172
pec0sb0b
on the lam

Rep Power: 2716 pec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respected

We face a lot of quality teams this year regardless of what the strength of schedule numbers would suggest. The numbers are skewed dramatically by the combined poor record of our division in last year's games. Correspondingly it is less effective as a rating or our non-division rivals this year.

Last year we faced these non-division opponents:
MIA, NO, PIT, OAK, BAL, CLE, TB, ATL, CIN and CAR

This year we face:
MIA, DEN, NYJ, GB, BAL, BUF, CHI, DET, NE and MIN

Make no mistake, this is a tough schedule with at least 7 playoff teams or contenders. Still, there's no reason the Texans can't beat any of these teams.
Old 04-17-2012   #173
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56437 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
From a tailgating perspective, I'd rather have noon games. I like this schedule.
3:00 is better for me with the Tailgaiting.

What do you think the Texans record will be?

I've got them losing to the Packers/Lions/Bears/New England/Denver and 1 division game for a 10-6 record.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012   #174
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142041 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
I'm a stay and home and watch it on TV kind of guy, that's why those noon games on Sunday work so well for me. Since Friday's are my work at home days, Thursday night games aren't really so bad. It's those Sunday and Monday night games, which are work nights, that keep me up past my bedtime. I need my rest or I get GROUCHIER. I'm sure none of yall have ever noticed.
There. Fixed it for you.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012   #175
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28939 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Nonsense! We played well in our last two national tv games. Should have had a 3rd, except for Jacoby Jones muffing a punt against the Ravens.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012   #176
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1330 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

Quote:

I'm ok with the schedule, but, not crazy about having so many primetime away games. BUT, I guess this will either make us or break us. If we can't win on the road, then we don't stand a chance of making it to NO in Feb. Jets, Bears, Lions, and Pats. All could be playoff teams.
It can actually be considered a bigger sign of respect to get away primetime games. Smaller name teams usually get one game, at home, because that's where they are most likely to be competitive.
The networks are basically trusting us to be in all of these tough road games when they pick them for a prime time slot.

In the grand scheme of things, it doesn't mean anything, but it sure does show how far we've come.
Old 04-17-2012   #177
Lucky

Big key to the season is getting off to a strong start with the running game. The Texans should really lean on Foster and Tate until Schaub gets his rhythm back. Also, it should be easier for the right side of the o-line to gel in run blocking than pass blocking. Jump out to a 3-1, possibly 4-0 start and let the momentum take over.
Old 04-17-2012   #178
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 79376 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanBacker93 View Post
I think we only got the 1 primetime home game because we only have 2 teams coming here that are worthy of the spot. Well, we could have gotten a TNF game against a division rival I guess.
Unfortunately, the one home game prime time game is against Green Bay... That said, it sucks because so many people will sell their seats to Packers fans so that if it's a 60% to 40% Texans fan v. Pack fan the Texans are doing well.....

PATHETIC!!! (Pointed at you parasitic ****ing maggots that sell your tickets for a profit)!!! Then again, most that do that are "carpet-baggers" to begin with.
Old 04-17-2012   #179
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 49424 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Unfortunately, the one home game prime time game is against Green Bay... That said, it sucks because so many people will sell their seats to Packers fans so that if it's a 60% to 40% Texans fan v. Pack fan the Texans are doing well.....

PATHETIC!!! (Pointed at you parasitic ****ing maggots that sell your tickets for a profit)!!! Then again, most that do that are "carpet-baggers" to begin with.
I would be pi$$ed if on our first SNF on NBC game, Reliant was full of Pecker fans. Was it that way the last time we played them? The MNF game on ESPN.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS BARATHEON PUSHED IT!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012   #180
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 31584 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
And the Bye is between the three consecutive home games... So, that's a month at home. Pretty nice middle of the season situation... Then, during the three game road trip we have more than a week to prepare for two of those three games.

I would've liked two primetime games at home. Still, this is a good schedule for the Texans and the fan base.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read