Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-17-2012   #141
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 12117 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2012 Schedule

In my opinion, we are very lucky to have the start we have. Not only for the home match up but also for the fact that we play the Dolphins, its nice! At the very least we start 2-0! haha

Keenum is not the QB of the future.
Lurvinator11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012   #142
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 75563 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaShark316 View Post
Week 1 - Home for MIA
Oh, those poor phins. Really not so much.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012   #143
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 16683 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Did some digging and found that the 1st person to post the full schedule with Ws and Ls attached to each game last year was spot on with the team's record.

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/sho...1&postcount=42

Well VTexan be correct and we go 11-5? If so, cool.
Old 04-17-2012   #144
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12117 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaShark316 View Post

Well VTexan be correct and we go 11-5? If so, cool.

We can only hope! I would love 11-5!

Old 04-17-2012   #145
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 36121 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by paycheck71 View Post
You're likely to play all good teams in your prime time games. Not as easy to predict a win vs GB as it is vs JAX at home. If we split them, I'll be very happy.
I know. I think they'll at least win one of them though, and if I had to decide which one it would be week five against the New York Jets.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012   #146
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

My turn!

Miami-W
@Jacksonville-W
@Denver-L
Tennessee-W
@New York-W
Green Bay-W
Baltimore-W
Bye
Buffalo-W
@Chicago-L
Jacksonville-W
@Detroit-L
@Tennessee-W
@New England-L
Indianapolis-W
Minnesota-W
@Indianapolis-W

I got them at 12-4. 12-4 will be nice!

Old 04-17-2012   #147
redwhiteblue
Veteran

Rep Power: 2087 redwhiteblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteblue is a quality contributor and well respected

Week 1 at home against the Dolphins with a rookie head coach and a rookie quarterback (maybe), reminds me of the season opener in 2009 against the Jets, with a rookie head coach and a rookie quarterback; I thought the Texans couldn't lose.
But this year I feel good considering the Texans always play the Dolphins well, and they are 6-0 against them.
redwhiteblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-17-2012   #148
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by run-david-run View Post
Today is the one day we cannot complain about no respect or conspiracy theories. 5 prime-time games. Enjoy it while we can!
Why?? 4 of them are away! Besides, we don't do well on National TV.

I'm ok with the schedule, but, not crazy about having so many primetime away games. BUT, I guess this will either make us or break us. If we can't win on the road, then we don't stand a chance of making it to NO in Feb. Jets, Bears, Lions, and Pats. All could be playoff teams.
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012   #149
Lucky

Rep Power: 119828 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

The key to any schedule is the same every season. Protect your home field. Dominate your division. There are a lot of flashy games on the schedule. MNF against the NY Tebows. SNF against Da Bears. Turkey Day in Detroit. But it's home against the Ravens, on the road against the Titans, beating the teams you should beat (Fins, Bills, Jags, Colts), that are the keys to a return to the playoffs.
Old 04-17-2012   #150
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 16683 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwhiteblue View Post
Week 1 at home against the Dolphins with a rookie head coach and a rookie quarterback (maybe), reminds me of the season opener in 2009 against the Jets, with a rookie head coach and a rookie quarterback; I thought the Texans couldn't lose.
But this year I feel good considering the Texans always play the Dolphins well, and they are 6-0 against them.
Yeah I think it's a bit different. Texans were ass vs. the run to start that year. Run game was non existant and the Jets had a very hot September.
Old 04-17-2012   #151
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 75563 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Why does everyone have the fk'n Jets penciled in as a loss? That team is in such disarray I can easily see them having a losing season again and a wholesale housecleaning after the season with Rexy looking at different feet next year as a DC in another city.

On record here as that National game being a big "W". Perhaps even embarrassingly so. Sanchize craters early and Tebow time doesn't look so Prime Time.

We hand them their backsides.

Done deal.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012   #152
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52329 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Ugh, Jets on MNF. Would rather have Baltimore.

Though it might be nice to HUMBLE that fat ***** on national TV. Other than that, I like the way it starts and ends. Surprised there's only one 1:15pm Pacific start.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012   #153
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 235494 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

2012 Strength Of Schedule from hardest to easiest(???)

Team Win Percentage Opp. Wins Opp. Losses
1)Giants 0.547 140 116
Broncos 0.543 139 117
Browns 0.527 135 121
Ravens 0.523 134 122
Rams 0.523 134 122
Eagles 0.516 132 124
Panthers 0.513 123 117
Cardinals 0.512 131 125
Vikings 0.512 131 125
Chargers 0.504 121 119
Saints 0.504 129 127
Seahawks 0.504 129 127
Cowboys 0.504 129 127
Bengals 0.500 128 128
16)Colts 0.500 128 128
Jaguars 0.500 128 128
Steelers 0.500 128 128
Raiders 0.496 127 129
Dolphins 0.496 127 129
Bears 0.492 126 130
Lions 0.492 126 130
Chiefs 0.492 126 130
Jets 0.492 126 130
Falcons 0.488 125 131
Redskins 0.488 125 131
49ers 0.488 125 131
Buccaneers 0.484 124 132
Titans 0.480 123 133
Texans 0.473 121 135
Bills 0.473 121 135
Packers 0.469 120 136
32)Patriots 0.453 116 140
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012   #154
XI CMURDER IX
Gig 'em

Rep Power: 1517 XI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respected

Miami - W
@Jacksonville - W
@Denver - W
Tennessee - W
@New York - W
Green Bay - L
Baltimore - L
Bye
Buffalo - W
@Chicago - W
Jacksonville - W
@Detroit - W
@Tennessee - W
@New England - L
Indianapolis - W
Minnesota - W
@Indianapolis - W

My prediction. It really all depends on that three game stretch from New York to Baltimore. I don't see why we can't beat Chicago or Detroit with a fully healthy squad.
XI CMURDER IX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012   #155
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
5 feature games ... nice.

Andrew Luck will be seasoned by the time we face him.
or on IR ..... :P
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012   #156
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4457 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

5 prime games+ Thanksgiving!?

Love it.
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012   #157
The Medic01
Veteran

Rep Power: 1875 The Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by XI CMURDER IX View Post
Miami - W
@Jacksonville - W
@Denver - W
Tennessee - W
@New York - W
Green Bay - L
Baltimore - L
Bye
Buffalo - W
@Chicago - W
Jacksonville - W
@Detroit - W
@Tennessee - W
@New England - L
Indianapolis - W
Minnesota - W
@Indianapolis - W

My prediction. It really all depends on that three game stretch from New York to Baltimore. I don't see why we can't beat Chicago or Detroit with a fully healthy squad.
I will be heavily disappointed if we don't beat at least one of these teams. New England, Packers or baltimore.
The Medic01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012   #158
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 36121 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by imatexan View Post

Love it.
Why are people saying '+Thanksgiving'? There are five nationally televised games, which includes the Thanksgiving game. Two Sunday nighters, two monday nighters and the Thanksgiving game.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012   #159
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 99691 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by imatexan View Post

Love it.
5 "Nationally Televised Games"... One of those is Thanksgiving which is at 11:30am. 4 "prime time games" if I understood it correctly. Out of those, only one is at home (v. Green Bay).
Old 04-17-2012   #160
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11283 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
Why?? 4 of them are away! Besides, we don't do well on National TV.

I'm ok with the schedule, but, not crazy about having so many primetime away games. BUT, I guess this will either make us or break us. If we can't win on the road, then we don't stand a chance of making it to NO in Feb. Jets, Bears, Lions, and Pats. All could be playoff teams.
I think we only got the 1 primetime home game because we only have 2 teams coming here that are worthy of the spot. Well, we could have gotten a TNF game against a division rival I guess.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read