Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-17-2012   #81
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 62963 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2012 Schedule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
He likely would have said that about any team he was on the radio for.

Could you imagine if he would have said the opposite...

"Texans fans will be PISSED when the schedule is announced"

LOL...
Yeah, I see where you're coming from. They were talking about the Texans and national games, and that's when he said it. Hopefully it's not BS.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS PUSHED IT
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012   #82
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Start View Post
Yeah, I see where you're coming from. They were talking about the Texans and national games, and that's when he said it. Hopefully it's not BS.
I was listening to him too...

And agreed...Hopefully he's right...
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012   #83
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
Yep. I really like my noon kick-offs, but I guess I can get used to it. Maybe a silly question but why are the 3:15 starts considered more prime time?
Maybe because of the fact that fewer teams are playing and I think the later in the day it gets the more people tend to be in front of TV's...
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012   #84
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 42174 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

They used to announce the prime time games before the schedule release. Not so this year I guess.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012   #85
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 36121 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

So Houston @ Detroit on Thanksgiving is official?
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012   #86
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 96950 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
So Houston @ Detroit on Thanksgiving is official?
Nope. Nothing is official until 6:00.
Old 04-17-2012   #87
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 62987 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

The first "credible" leak?

Quote:
Portions of the 2012 NFL Schedule are starting to leak out and according to a member of the Pittsburgh media, one of my predictions is going to come true.

Gerry Dulac, who covers the Steelers for the Pittsburgh Post Gazette is saying the Steelers will face the Broncos in Denver in Week 1, on Sunday Night Football
LINK
Old 04-17-2012   #88
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 16683 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Didn't understand why folks were alarmed by this year's schedule.

It's 29th in the league. I know, I know....that don't matter. But 11's schedule > '12's schedule based on a before-the-season look.
Old 04-17-2012   #89
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52230 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

I prefer late starts on Sunday. Hate waking up at 9:50 on Sundays for a 10am start lol. I know, I'm spoiled.

Usually when I wake up early, I have to make up for it with a nap somewhere, and I almost always end up missing the Sunday Night game.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012   #90
Lucky

Rep Power: 119828 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by skenney_11 View Post
I saw on twitter that bal vs cin will play the late Monday night game on week 1
No way the late game. Both are EST. The early game more likely.
Old 04-17-2012   #91
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9610 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaShark316 View Post

It's 29th in the league. I know, I know....that don't matter. But 11's schedule > '12's schedule based on a before-the-season look.
Thats true but playing Indy twice really skews our SOS. If you take them out of the picture this year and last year, when it was eminently obvious they were going to blow but still counted as a double digit win team, I imagine its pretty close. Oh well, its the NFL, lets beat some tough teams.
Old 04-17-2012   #92
Lucky

Rep Power: 119828 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaShark316 View Post
Denver should be improved. Buffalo should be improved. Even the Colts and Jags should be improved. Those schedule rankings based off the previous season are pretty worthless. Rodgers, Brady, Manning, Stafford. The Texans are facing much tougher QBs in 2012.
Old 04-17-2012   #93
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 16683 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Denver should be improved. Buffalo should be improved. Even the Colts and Jags should be improved. Those schedule rankings based off the previous season are pretty worthless. Rodgers, Brady, Manning, Stafford. The Texans are facing much tougher QBs in 2012.
That's why I said "it doesn't matter". I agree, it's "ehhh" to be honest.

What I basically meant was...I think 11's was scarier. Can you with a straight face tell me 2 games this year where you AUTOMATICALLY said loss? Last year, at this time, we ALL said "L" for @NO and @BAL.

I don't see that this year. No one's going to be all (I don't think) when they see @CHI, @DET or @NE.

EDIT: I agree with your assessment on those teams. I'm hoping we get DEN early...I'll admit that.
Old 04-17-2012   #94
ItsMyFault
It's on me.

Rep Power: 487 ItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respected

Apparently the Bears schedule is slowly leaking on twitter. Just saw a tweet that said Texans @ Bears - Week 10 on SNF.
Old 04-17-2012   #95
ThaShark316

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsMyFault View Post
Apparently the Bears schedule is slowly leaking on twitter. Just saw a tweet that said Texans @ Bears - Week 10 on SNF.
I want to see that, too...C&P a tweet, sir.
Old 04-17-2012   #96
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52230 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Bears fan friend tweeted to me a RT from @HeyTweetHarry....he has 6400 followers or so:

Quote:
Week 10, Bears, Sunday night at home vs. texans!!
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012   #97
ThaShark316

James Merilatt ‏ @jamesmerilatt

Quote:
BREAKING: Broncos will finish up the month of September with a home game against HOU (9/23).
Old 04-17-2012   #98
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 100796 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
That would make an awesome road trip. They can't be nearly as lovely as the Eagles fans were.
Old 04-17-2012   #99
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 62963 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Awesome! I cant wait to see our D put the hurt on sissy boy Cutler.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS PUSHED IT
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012   #100
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 74062 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
AWESOME! Already have a $20 bet on that game with my brother.
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read