Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-18-2012   #201
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13230 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2012 Schedule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Unfortunately, the one home game prime time game is against Green Bay... That said, it sucks because so many people will sell their seats to Packers fans so that if it's a 60% to 40% Texans fan v. Pack fan the Texans are doing well.....

PATHETIC!!! (Pointed at you parasitic ****ing maggots that sell your tickets for a profit)!!! Then again, most that do that are "carpet-baggers" to begin with.
i'm already fielding offers on those tickets. i would like to see the packers but coming down from austin for a sunday night game and work on monday is tough. don't get the gripe about opposing fans wanting to see their team. especially when they will spend way over face value. that basically covers alot of my bill. actually, i always bring fans from opposing teams. they usually cover all expenses
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012   #202
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 56069 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

I dig the 5 national TV games....very cool even though 4 are on the road.

I'm trying to think of a nice way to tell my family in advance so there are no surprises that if they plan on eating or doing formal stuff that requires the TV being off during the Texans game on Thanksgiving to not bother inviting me. I'd rather not argue or have the hassle if I am there and they want to sit down and be all formal and picture perfect family during the game....I will be watching the game! (I won't have my daughter this Thanksgiving so I'm going for total football/beer Thanksgiving haha) /end

#readyfortheseasonalready

Into black waves I am sinking,Drowning away from the ghosts,Disappearing into eternity,Into the mirror of my soul,The pounding sound is mesmerizing
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012   #203
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 36122 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

My early predictions:

Miami-W
@Jacksonville-W
@Denver-W
Tennessee-W
@New York-W
Green Bay-L
Baltimore-L
Bye
Buffalo-W
@Chicago-W
Jacksonville-W
@Detroit-W
@Tennessee-L
@New England-L
Indianapolis-W
Minnesota-W
@Indianapolis-L

I got them at 11-5.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012   #204
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm curious how we managed to get Denver. We don't play anyone else from the AFC West. NFL Network already talked about Denver going 0-2, why not 0-3 since they have to play us?

Anyonelse think Manning asked for this game and the NFL is going to do alot to oblige him?
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012   #205
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 53440 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
I'm curious how we managed to get Denver. We don't play anyone else from the AFC West. NFL Network already talked about Denver going 0-2, why not 0-3 since they have to play us?

Anyonelse think Manning asked for this game and the NFL is going to do alot to oblige him?
No.

Quote:
Currently, each team's 16-game regular season schedule is set using a pre-determined formula:[2]

Each team plays the other three teams in their division twice: once at home, and once on the road (six games).
Each team plays the four teams from another division within its own conference once on a rotating three-year cycle: two at home, and two on the road (four games).
Each team plays the four teams from a division in the other conference once on a rotating four-year cycle: two at home, and two on the road (four games).
Each team plays once against the other teams in its conference that finished in the same place in their own divisions as themselves in the previous season, not counting the division they were already scheduled to play: one at home, one on the road (two games).
Old 04-18-2012   #206
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 36122 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

@Denver and home against Baltimore are the two games. Indianapolis has Cleveland and @Kansas City, Tennessee has Pittsburgh and @San Diego, and Jacksonville has Cincinnati and @Oakland. Only differences in the schedule.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012   #207
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 56069 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Nah, I think if Manning asked for a game it would be against Indy if they don't already play them.

Into black waves I am sinking,Drowning away from the ghosts,Disappearing into eternity,Into the mirror of my soul,The pounding sound is mesmerizing
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-18-2012   #208
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 45478 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano

No.

Quote:
Quote:
Currently, each team's 16-game regular season schedule is set using a pre-determined formula:[2]

Each team plays the other three teams in their division twice: once at home, and once on the road (six games).
Each team plays the four teams from another division within its own conference once on a rotating three-year cycle: two at home, and two on the road (four games).
Each team plays the four teams from a division in the other conference once on a rotating four-year cycle: two at home, and two on the road (four games).
Each team plays once against the other teams in its conference that finished in the same place in their own divisions as themselves in the previous season, not counting the division they were already scheduled to play: one at home, one on the road (two games).
And it's only been like this for 10 years now.

Provided the 16 game schedule doesn't change, here's who the Texans play in 2017;
Home: Cleveland, Pittsburgh, 49ers, Seattle, Indy, Jax, Inbreds and an AFC west team
Road: Baltimore, Cincy, Arizona, Rams, Indy, Jax, Inbreds, and an AFC east team.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012   #209
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 13416 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
Miami at home. Saw it in a dream i had lat week so it must be true.

Old 04-18-2012   #210
ckhouston
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 ckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respected

Here is how I see it.

Miami-W
@Jacksonville-W
@Denver-L
Tennessee-W
@New York-L
Green Bay-W
Baltimore-W
Bye
Buffalo-W
@Chicago-L
Jacksonville-W
@Detroit-W
@Tennessee-W
@New England-W
Indianapolis-W
Minnesota-W
@Indianapolis-W

13-3 with home field in the playoffs.
ckhouston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012   #211
BullBlitz
Section 331

Rep Power: 5859 BullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Unfortunately, the one home game prime time game is against Green Bay... That said, it sucks because so many people will sell their seats to Packers fans so that if it's a 60% to 40% Texans fan v. Pack fan the Texans are doing well.....

PATHETIC!!! (Pointed at you parasitic ****ing maggots that sell your tickets for a profit)!!! Then again, most that do that are "carpet-baggers" to begin with.
I'm not selling my tickets, but I'll be wearing a Packers jersey to the game. Texans are great, but I've been a Packers' fan since I was a kid. I'll pull for the Texans to win 14 games. If they win most of those, they will be just fine.
BullBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012   #212
ckhouston
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 ckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

There is a sports bar on FM 1960 between 59 in Humble and W. Lake Houston Pkwy called Colburns that has Packer memorabilia all over the walls and is recognized by the Packers and their fan club as an official Packer bar/fan meeting place.

Anytime anyone wanted to throw on some Texans gear and show up there and raise a little ruckus ... maybe during a GB vs. Texans game ... just sayin.
ckhouston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012   #213
JPPT1974
Hot July!

Rep Power: 864 JPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respected

Seems like the team is ready for prime time and Thanksgiving. With four night games for 2012.
Old 04-18-2012   #214
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 25091 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

No, schedules are set years ahead and are based off of standings for the previous year. If Oakland had won the division we would be playing them instead.
Old 04-18-2012   #215
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012   #216
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 20333 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Miami-W
@Jacksonville-W
@Denver-W
Tennessee-W
@New York-W
Green Bay-W
Baltimore-W
Bye
Buffalo-W
@Chicago-L
Jacksonville-W
@Detroit-L
@Tennessee-W
@New England-L
Indianapolis-W
Minnesota-W
@Indianapolis-W if playing for something...loss if resting starters.

Won't lose until at Chicago on SNF. Will finish the season 12-4. At Indy is a win if they are playing for something.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012   #217
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 53440 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullBlitz View Post
I'm not selling my tickets, but I'll be wearing a Packers jersey to the game. Texans are great, but I've been a Packers' fan since I was a kid. I'll pull for the Texans to win 14 games. If they win most of those, they will be just fine.
Wait, what section are you in? I think you sit behind me.
Old 04-18-2012   #218
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 173167 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
I like it because I can go play a round of golf in the early morning and be home in time for the Texans' game.
You play golf AND cheer for the Texans?

Man, you ARE a masochistic puppy aren't you?
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012   #219
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullBlitz View Post
Hummmm! I've never quite understood this way of thinking, but, to each his own. This is one reason Texan fans should not biatch so much about the number of Cowboy fans that show up at games, esp when we play them. Once a Cowboy fan always a Cowboy fan, and fans of other teams obviously are not willing to change.

I've been a NINER fan since I was a kid, won lots of money off my brothers who HATED them, but, I will NEVER pull for them when they play the TEXANS! Any other time, YES, I want them to kick ass, but, NEVER when they play us.
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012   #220
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 64065 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post

I've been a NINER fan since I was a kid, won lots of money off my brothers who HATED them, but, I will NEVER pull for them when they play the TEXANS! Any other time, YES, I want them to kick ass, but, NEVER when they play us.
I'm the same way with the 49'ers, they have always been my second favorite team. When it comes down to us playing them though, they might as well be the Titans or the Cowgirls.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS PUSHED IT
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read