Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-17-2012   #181
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 102753 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2012 Schedule

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Start View Post
I would be pi$$ed if on our first SNF on NBC game, Reliant was full of Pecker fans. Was it that way the last time we played them? The MNF game on ESPN.
YES!!! FACT!!!!

It will be disappointing to those Texans fans watching on TV, but those of us in attendance.......... We'll rock the house!!
Old 04-17-2012   #182
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 12117 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Start View Post
I would be pi$$ed if on our first SNF on NBC game, Reliant was full of Pecker fans. Was it that way the last time we played them? The MNF game on ESPN.
You gotta remember though, that was back in 04. Our fan base then was no where near what it is now. IMO of course. I think Reliant will be packed with Texan fans with a fair amount of packer fans

Keenum is not the QB of the future.
Lurvinator11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012   #183
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
Why are people saying '+Thanksgiving'? There are five nationally televised games, which includes the Thanksgiving game. Two Sunday nighters, two monday nighters and the Thanksgiving game.
Because it's five national games AND Thanksgiving! Woo-hoo!!!!

FIVE NATIONAL GAMES AND THANXGIVING!!!!!!

LOl. Just messing with you man.
Old 04-17-2012   #184
Naiirb
All Pro

Rep Power: 2332 Naiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respected

Coming off our most successful season and the Packers game being the only night game at Reliant i think its say to safe it will be packed by our own fans. Question is what do they do with the roof, open it for the presumably nice weather in October or close it for more noise?
Naiirb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012   #185
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Doppleganger:

You gonna' need to come done with some rare blood disease that puts you in the hospital on Thanksgiving Day.

Or, you could go to the store for groceries and suddenly have amnesia and end up at a sports bar! Now THAT would get you out of in-law duty on Turkey Day.

This way, you can sit and watch the game. If you need help concocting a scheme, let me know. I got a million of 'em.
Old 04-17-2012   #186
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 45478 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
3:00 is better for me with the Tailgaiting.

What do you think the Texans record will be?

I've got them losing to the Packers/Lions/Bears/New England/Denver and 1 division game for a 10-6 record.
I usually don't like to get into predictions, especially 5 months before the bell rings, but if they're playing anywhere near the same type of defense as they did last season, they've got a chance to beat any team on that schedule. The key is going to be the QB play, I think. If Schaub is good to go (with the D), they're Super Bowl contenders without a doubt. Can't convince me they wouldn't have been in the SB last year if 8 had been healthy.

I could see them going 12-4. How about 5-0 going into the GB game? I think they lose that one. They'll lose a couple more during that 4 of 5 road stretch (Det, NE maybe), and then they'll have that stinker against somebody they should beat. Probably a division game. 5-1 in the division though, I'll take that.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012   #187
Bulluck53
All Pro

Rep Power: 1627 Bulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think I have more Texans games circled on my calendar than I do Titans games at this point. There are a lot of match ups any football fan should be eager to see.
Bulluck53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-18-2012   #188
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 59303 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

One thing I've noticed is that the Texans are definitely getting all the love in the NFL world. They are on every "best games of 2012" list I've looked at. At least one of them has 2 Texan games. Winning cures everything.
Old 04-18-2012   #189
Bulluck53
All Pro

Rep Power: 1627 Bulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respected

And they play a style of ball that is appealing to every type of fan.
Bulluck53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012   #190
SCOTTexans
Veteran

Rep Power: 3792 SCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
One thing I've noticed is that the Texans are definitely getting all the love in the NFL world. They are on every "best games of 2012" list I've looked at. At least one of them has 2 Texan games. Winning cures everything.
Finally...

I can't wait to watch the texans vs New england game.... could be the AFC number 1 seed match-up,
SCOTTexans is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012   #191
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

I can already hear the boo's for Mario.

But that kinda stuff doesnt bother Mario, right?
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012   #192
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 102753 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
I can already hear the boo's for Mario.

But that kinda stuff doesnt bother Mario, right?
Especially after he tweets:

"Judgement Day November 4th!!"
Old 04-18-2012   #193
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post

Wow. I still cant get over how much he uses twitter now. Almost like a different person.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012   #194
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 100421 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
2012 Strength Of Schedule from hardest to easiest(???)

Team Win Percentage Opp. Wins Opp. Losses
1)Giants 0.547 140 116
Broncos 0.543 139 117
Browns 0.527 135 121
Ravens 0.523 134 122
Rams 0.523 134 122
Eagles 0.516 132 124
Panthers 0.513 123 117
Cardinals 0.512 131 125
Vikings 0.512 131 125
Chargers 0.504 121 119
Saints 0.504 129 127
Seahawks 0.504 129 127
Cowboys 0.504 129 127
Bengals 0.500 128 128
16)Colts 0.500 128 128
Jaguars 0.500 128 128
Steelers 0.500 128 128
Raiders 0.496 127 129
Dolphins 0.496 127 129
Bears 0.492 126 130
Lions 0.492 126 130
Chiefs 0.492 126 130
Jets 0.492 126 130
Falcons 0.488 125 131
Redskins 0.488 125 131
49ers 0.488 125 131
Buccaneers 0.484 124 132
Titans 0.480 123 133
Texans 0.473 121 135
Bills 0.473 121 135
Packers 0.469 120 136
32)Patriots 0.453 116 140
Strength of schedule is a bunch of hogwash, imo. Subtract the Colts record and it jumps us near the middle. I'm pretty sure the Bears would've won a few more with Cutler. IMO, this schedule's pretty tough.
Old 04-18-2012   #195
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post

He actually thinks he will make it to week 9 of the season? I'd use that as the over/under for him.

I'm sure he will have a strained groin, a bum shoulder, turf toe or something to excuse himself from not showing up on the stat sheet that day. Duane Brown will have a good time keeping him out of the backfield and letting him run 10 yards past the QB.

Also, if he is actually playing that week, don't forget to make the "Mario is SOOO Awesome!" thread to ruin his mojo.
Old 04-18-2012   #196
_Dre
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 _Dre is a quality contributor and well respected_Dre is a quality contributor and well respected_Dre is a quality contributor and well respected_Dre is a quality contributor and well respected_Dre is a quality contributor and well respected_Dre is a quality contributor and well respected_Dre is a quality contributor and well respected_Dre is a quality contributor and well respected_Dre is a quality contributor and well respected_Dre is a quality contributor and well respected_Dre is a quality contributor and well respected

I wish we could had atleast another prime time game at home. But beggers can't be choosers. Excited for this season.
_Dre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012   #197
gwallaia

Rep Power: 63494 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

I bet Mario gets a nice reception from the crowd.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012   #198
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
He actually thinks he will make it to week 9 of the season? I'd use that as the over/under for him.

I'm sure he will have a strained groin, a bum shoulder, turf toe or something to excuse himself from not showing up on the stat sheet that day. Duane Brown will have a good time keeping him out of the backfield and letting him run 10 yards past the QB.

Also, if he is actually playing that week, don't forget to make the "Mario is SOOO Awesome!" thread to ruin his mojo.
I tweeted basically this, this morning. ^^^^^

A lot of Texans fans were tweeting @bbwolf90 (Marilou Williams) and busting his azz for that tweet.
Old 04-18-2012   #199
DonnyMost
lol football :D

Rep Power: 2773 DonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respected

Judgment day... more like "lack of judgment" day... signing with the Bills, really?
Old 04-18-2012   #200
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 35068 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post
I bet Mario gets a nice reception from the crowd.
I would prefer silence, from the crowd, when his name is being called.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read