Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-15-2012   #1
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 12117 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default 2012 Schedule

The schedule will be announced this tuesday. Feel free to post here when released. I am excited!

Keenum is not the QB of the future.
Lurvinator11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012   #2
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2012 Schedule

Totally forgot, awesome!
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012   #3
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 16683 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Can't wait to see it. Also, can't wait to laugh and say "have you lost your mind?" when someone says something stupid.

I remember last year when someone on the radio (caller) said "they're going to start 0-4!" days after the '11 schedule was released. It was stupid then, and even worse after the Steelers game.
Old 04-16-2012   #4
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 12117 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaShark316 View Post
Can't wait to see it. Also, can't wait to laugh and say "have you lost your mind?" when someone says something stupid.

I remember last year when someone on the radio (caller) said "they're going to start 0-4!" days after the '11 schedule was released. It was stupid then, and even worse after the Steelers game.
Really?? 0-4?? HA! He really thought we were gonna lose to the Dolphins. I mean I can understand losing to The Colts, Saints, and Steelers. I wouldn't think we would but I can see why others think they would. But the Dolphins?? C'mon man!!!!!

I hope we start off good and finish well! haha

Keenum is not the QB of the future.
Lurvinator11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012   #5
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Regardless of the schedule, I think we have an excellent chance of going 6-0 in the division this year. That will be a great milestone to reach.
Old 04-16-2012   #6
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Regardless of the schedule, I think we have an excellent chance of going 6-0 in the division this year. That will be a great milestone to reach.
That would be fantastic!
Old 04-16-2012   #7
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 77922 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Anything less would be a let down. Maybe worst division in football.
Old 04-16-2012   #8
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Don't hold your breath, doubt that will ever happen. IF we make the playoffs, our FO will "throw" "blow off" whatever, any division team we play toward the end of the year, probably the Titans, just like they did last year. More important to let your starters sit their asses on the sideline ya know.
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012   #9
majestrate
Veteran

Rep Power: 6672 majestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
Might not be the worst division in the NFL, but AFC South is definitely one of the bottom 2 or 3. I think that changes this year. The BESFs and Jags should have strong showings. The gutted Colts are probably in last place within the division for the next couple of years.

Not sure I agree with 6-0. Though possible, division games are always a b***h, so I won't be overly disappointed if we went 4-2.
majestrate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012   #10
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 223945 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
The Titans will be slightly better, which means they could (maybe) be fighting for a wild card spot. The Jags will be a better team defensively, and if their QB actually learns how to play and doesn't end up like Carr did (scared all the time) they could be better offensively as well. The Dolts will be terrible.

At least that's how I see it. I don't think our division is a cake walk but it is an easier division than most. To not win our division this year would be a horribly major dissapointment.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012   #11
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
Don't hold your breath, doubt that will ever happen. IF we make the playoffs, our FO will "throw" "blow off" whatever, any division team we play toward the end of the year, probably the Titans, just like they did last year. More important to let your starters sit their asses on the sideline ya know.
This ^^^^.
Old 04-16-2012   #12
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestrate View Post
Might not be the worst division in the NFL, but AFC South is definitely one of the bottom 2 or 3. I think that changes this year. The BESFs and Jags should have strong showings. The gutted Colts are probably in last place within the division for the next couple of years.

Not sure I agree with 6-0. Though possible, division games are always a b***h, so I won't be overly disappointed if we went 4-2.
BESFs? What exactly is that? I can't think of anything involving the Titans or Colts that would fit that acronym.
Old 04-16-2012   #13
Seņor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Seņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
BESFs? What exactly is that? I can't think of anything involving the Titans or Colts that would fit that acronym.
Bud's Evil Sibling F'ers?
Seņor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012   #14
majestrate
Veteran

Rep Power: 6672 majestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respected

Baby-eating Sister F'ers

Thank you battleredblog, but that's about the only thing I liked about that site.

Last edited by majestrate; 04-16-2012 at 10:29 AM. Reason: Corrected acronym
Old 04-16-2012   #15
Seņor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Seņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestrate View Post
Brother-eating Sister F'ers

Thank you battleredblog, but that's about the only thing I liked about that site.
Honestly, I like mine better.
Seņor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012   #16
MistaRed
Veteran

Rep Power: 9162 MistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
BESF's stands for Baby eating sister ****ers
MistaRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012   #17
majestrate
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistaRed View Post
BESF's stands for Baby eating sister ****ers
You're right, thank you for the correction on that. The "B" always throws me
Old 04-16-2012   #18
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 51245 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
And if they make the playoffs, I'd be pissed if they went balls to the wall in a meaningless game and got somebody hurt for the playoffs.

The regular season is to make the playoffs. Once you're in, you jockey for position, but the goal in this league is to win the Super Bowl, not a meaningless week 17 game.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012   #19
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
And if they make the playoffs, I'd be pissed if they went balls to the wall in a meaningless game and got somebody hurt for the playoffs.

The regular season is to make the playoffs. Once you're in, you jockey for position, but the goal in this league is to win the Super Bowl, not a meaningless week 17 game.
I like the Giants philosophy. Play to win no matter what. Sitting on the sideline is for pu$$ies and losers.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012   #20
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 51245 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bckey View Post
I like the Giants philosophy. Play to win no matter what. Sitting on the sideline is for pu$$ies and losers.
Disagree.

Nothing wrong with resting guys after a brutal regular season to make a run at the Lombardi. That IS why they play this game. Busting your ass to win a week 17 game that has zero effect on your playoff status is not very smart. IMO, of course.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read