Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-13-2012   #1
Fili
All Pro

Rep Power: 3891 Fili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respected
Default NFL Head Coach Power Rankings Kubiak at #15

http://www.nfl.com/photoessays/09000...11_cp#photo=15

Quote:
15. Gary Kubiak, Houston Texans

Like Lewis, Gary Kubiak has been at it awhile. He finally got Houston to the promised land, beating Lewis' squad. Kubiak fixed his club by being on board with the Wade Phillips hire at defensive coordinator, which made all the difference, as the Texans shot from 30th to second in the NFL. What can Kubiak do this year with a full deck, i.e. a healthy Matt Schaub, Arian Foster and Andre Johnson?
Old 04-13-2012   #2
heymak
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 heymak is a quality contributor and well respectedheymak is a quality contributor and well respectedheymak is a quality contributor and well respectedheymak is a quality contributor and well respectedheymak is a quality contributor and well respectedheymak is a quality contributor and well respectedheymak is a quality contributor and well respectedheymak is a quality contributor and well respectedheymak is a quality contributor and well respectedheymak is a quality contributor and well respectedheymak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: NFL Head Coach Power Rankings Kubiak at #15

Am I the only one that thinks two of his three "full deck" are still in question as far as a full recovery?
heymak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012   #3
Fili
All Pro

Rep Power: 3891 Fili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by heymak View Post
Am I the only one that thinks two of his three "full deck" are still in question as far as a full recovery?
I'm still a little worried about 'Dre.
Old 04-13-2012   #4
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 311116 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fili View Post
I'm still a little worried about 'Dre.
I more worried about Schaub.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012   #5
SCOTTexans
All Pro

Rep Power: 3792 SCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Same here
SCOTTexans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012   #6
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 172517 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
No doubt. Schaub is more worrysome pretty much any way you look at it.

Last edited by Showtime100; 04-13-2012 at 05:44 PM.
Showtime100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012   #7
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28037 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

15. Gary Kubiak, Houston Texans

Like Lewis, Gary Kubiak has been at it awhile. He finally got Houston to the promised land, beating Lewis' squad. Kubiak fixed his club by being on board with the Wade Phillips hire at defensive coordinator, which made all the difference, as the Texans shot from 30th to second in the NFL. What can Kubiak do this year with a full deck, i.e. a healthy Matt Schaub, Arian Foster and Andre Johnson?

I don't think Kubiak fixed anything and didn't have any say so in the Phillips hire. This should read Bob McNair fixed his club by hiring Wade Phillips, telling Kubiak this is your new DC, and letting Phillips control the draft. McNair pulled Kubiaks head out of his ass and saved his job for him.

I agree with the others Schaubs injury concern is the most worrisome.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-13-2012   #8
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 379526 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fili View Post
NFL Head Coach Power Rankings
Let me guess -- it's the offseason.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012   #9
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

out of guys ranked ahead of him, id take kubes over whisenhunt, fisher, fox (and tbh john harbaugh too)
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012   #10
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 194239 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Lighted candles can be purchased from me through emails. $9.99 each $29.99 scented for each of your players. I am still trying to find my money.
Old 04-13-2012   #11
The Medic01
Veteran

Rep Power: 1876 The Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
No doubt. Schaub is more worrysome pretty much any way you look at it.
I think Schaub is back week 1 because we made absolutely no move for Manning. If we thought we wouldn't have Schaub we'd have gone for Manning. He said we are fine with Schaub which to me implies that Schaub will be ready. JMO
The Medic01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012   #12
CretorFrigg
Fire Rick Smith

Rep Power: 35618 CretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Medic01 View Post
I think Schaub is back week 1 because we made absolutely no move for Manning. If we thought we wouldn't have Schaub we'd have gone for Manning. He said we are fine with Schaub which to me implies that Schaub will be ready. JMO
That's not true at all. We did pursue Peyton Manning according to many sources.

http://content.usatoday.com/communit...1#.T4i8ByPyBFU
Old 04-13-2012   #13
paycheck71
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 53113 paycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CretorFrigg View Post

Looking at the deal he signed with Denver, we could have never afforded him.
paycheck71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012   #14
The Medic01
Veteran

Rep Power: 1876 The Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CretorFrigg View Post

That was refuted by bob and it never was really credible.
The Medic01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012   #15
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 311116 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Medic01 View Post
Thursday night...pick 26....the Texans take a.....quarterback in the first round!

Immediately TexansTalk implodes as 65% of the members fall out of their chairs grasping at their chests. Most of those that survive the initial shock head straight for their liquor cabinets and consequently can't show up for work on Friday and then get fired. Those that remain alive and with jobs start a new BBS with a memorial to the fallen on the front page.

Sometimes it's truely painfull to be a pro-football fan in Houston.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012   #16
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 125380 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

How is Lewis ahead of Kubiak, when he lost to him twice including the playoffs; both with a 3rd string QB.

Credibility: The author has none.

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012   #17
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 72472 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

If I said, "15th out of 32. Average? That's about right".

Will I get called out for saying he's the worst coach in the league?

Old 04-13-2012   #18
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not worried about Schaub's injury. I don't see any reason to be worried. It's not like this man is going to lose any mobility, any speed, or any elusiveness. Assuming it was repaired by competent doctors and he's taken his rehab seriously I see no reason why Matt Schaub can't be just as stone-footed and immobile next year as he's been since he got here.

And even if he isn't ready Yates can pull the cart for a little while. All he's gotta do is pull of some .500 football for a while to match the Texans standard M.O. No problem.

I'm worried about Schaub's next injury. The one he gets late in the season or next year. Then I'm worried about the one after that. Some guys just seem to have a knack for getting hurt and Schaub is just one of those guys.
Old 04-13-2012   #19
Fili
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Let me guess -- it's the offseason.
Wasn't me who titled it. All NFL.com....
Old 04-14-2012   #20
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 413804 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
I don't think Kubiak fixed anything and didn't have any say so in the Phillips hire. This should read Bob McNair fixed his club by hiring Wade Phillips, telling Kubiak this is your new DC, and letting Phillips control the draft. McNair pulled Kubiaks head out of his ass and saved his job for him.
Lot's of fans love to say this. Where is there one shred of evidence to support it?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read