Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-12-2005   #1
pittbull
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to pittbull
Default High on P-Buc!!!

Talking to a Texan official the other day, the Texans are extremely high on his abilities, the way the rest of the league is and some of the fans are not! He stated, the issue with Buchanon was under-achievement due to many coaches since entering the NFL, team discipline, and lack of team leadership. We were just one of many teams that went calling after his services, that will easily be worth a second & third rounder. Think about how many seconds or thirds really pan out.......35-65. At least this guy is somewhat of a veteran, will be a featured starter, has someone in town he is comfortable with, AJ, and can really get his swagger on, with D-Rob on the other side! Word has it, if AJ was not here, signing him would have been tough, but AJ loves the city and we love him back. So show your love to the newest member of the dynamic duo! P-Buc(Batman) and D-Rob(Robin)
Old 05-12-2005   #2
hadaad
All Pro

Rep Power: 395 hadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd say that Buchanon should be the Boy Wonder, simply because he's newer and acts more childishly.
hadaad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005   #3
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 28635 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittbull
Talking to a Texan official the other day....
wait, this isn't the same "official" JVG talked to is it? Oh, never mind - you noted Texans official.

Should be an interesting season to watch with the moves made.... well, it'll be an interesting season reagardless - I'm fiending for my football fix already.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005   #4
raidergavy
Rookie

Default greetings and some truths about phil...

he gets smoked as much as he makes big plays. maybe more. i think that he has given up more t.d.'s than he has picks. he has won us games and lost us twice as many. he has not reached his full potential. the thing is, he may never. he is one of the mensa group, that got a 7 or a 9 on the wunderlich. i cant remember off hand. one of the two.

he does better in man, against shorter w.r.'s. he is lost in zone. it just doesnt sink in. he gambles waaaaay too much and ends up getting burnt by guys like cory schlessinger. very selfish play. the bottom line is this guy cant be trusted as your last line of defense on any given play. i DO think he would make a bad azz nickleback. a helper...his tackling is pathetic.
the less responsibilities this guy has, the better off he will be. i say let him gamble.....at nickleback. this is how to get the best return on your investment imo....

he is the epitomy of self promotion. he rolled up to his first training camp in a limo, with playboy pajama's on and a mr. t starter kit. all this after having never proved anything at the nfl level.

he only refers to himself in the 3rd person. showtime.

i read a coupla weeks ago that he wants to legally change his name to "showtime".

he did go to the s.b. with us....BUT he was constantly kept an eye on by r. woodson. we dont have that leadership back there anymore.

now then, who has a dark and gloomy take on, foreman? LOL

i saw that he had back to back seasons with over a 100 tackles before he got injured last season. what is the injury? is it just not healed? those tackle numbers sure dont look too bad to me. i know he has a hole. what is it? LOL!!!

i want all the bad if you got it. i want to know what we are getting into with him. thanks....

Last edited by raidergavy; 05-12-2005 at 01:58 PM.
raidergavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005   #5
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Quote:
Originally Posted by raidergavy
now then, who has a dark and gloomy take on, foreman? LOL

i saw that he had back to back seasons with over a 100 tackles before he got injured last season. what is the injury? is it just not healed? those tackle numbers sure dont look too bad to me. i know he has a hole. what is it? LOL!!!

i want all the bad if you got it. i want to know what we are getting into with him. thanks....
You won't find many Texans fans too upset about Foreman being released. His tackle numbers do look impressive until you factor in that he played ILB for a 3-4 team where the ILB's purpose is to have tons of tackles. Also you don't see where he made those tackles, and more often than not he'd be making the tackle 5 yards after the line of scrimmage. IMO Foreman's biggest weakness is coverage. If he is used as a starter he'll be burned on a regular basis. He's a good guy, and he's definately a quality character guy. The problem is he isn't starter material, but he is a decent backup. If he'll only be filling in for injured players from time to time or just going in for a few plays a game then he'll work out fine for the Raiders. At the very least he'll be a good role model for the younger players.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005   #6
wiley2002
Veteran

He has good speed for a LB though.
wiley2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005   #7
raidergavy
Rookie

Default thanks for the critique.

we have some l.b.'s that look good at times but they are always injured. sam williams and travian smith always seem to be getting dinged up. i think he will fit in great.

he seems very average to me. he also seems like he has a great attitude and field smarts. wasnt he the primary play caller for you guys?

we desperately need leadership on our defense. parrella, romo and r. woodson are gone. i think foreman can help us out big time.
Sponsored links
Old 05-12-2005   #8
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 158703 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

If Foreman is helping you 'big time'.....you are in big time trouble.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005   #9
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

Foreman is like a bull rider. He hits a ball carrier (bull) and gets taken for an extra 5 yards after that. He gets a ton of tackles but they are usually yards after the LOS. If you plan on him going into coverage, just expect the pass to be completed.

The guy was solid for an expansion team, but he really is more of backup material IMO.
TheOgre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005   #10
SESupergenius

You must be high then to be high on P-Buc. Almost every Raider fan I talk to seems to feel pretty much the same way.
Old 05-12-2005   #11
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

i think P-B is a good addition to this team, we have gotten younger. which will help us in the future !
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005   #12
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 28635 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Quote:
Originally Posted by SESupergenius
You must be high then to be high on P-Buc. Almost every Raider fan I talk to seems to feel pretty much the same way.
So, you're gonna believe a fan that dresses all SPOOOOOKY on Sunday's or your GM and head coach?
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005   #13
raidergavy
Rookie

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by A4toZ
So, you're gonna believe a fan that dresses all SPOOOOOKY on Sunday's or your GM and head coach?
i would believe a fan who writes an honest critique, more than i would a fan who stereotypes. LOL!!!
Old 05-12-2005   #14
TopTexanFan16
Veteran

[quote=raidergavy]he gets smoked as much as he makes big plays. maybe more. i think that he has given up more t.d.'s than he has picks. he has won us games and lost us twice as many. he has not reached his full potential. the thing is, he may never. he is one of the mensa group, that got a 7 or a 9 on the wunderlich. i cant remember off hand. one of the two.

he does better in man, against shorter w.r.'s. he is lost in zone. it just doesnt sink in. he gambles waaaaay too much and ends up getting burnt by guys like cory schlessinger. very selfish play. the bottom line is this guy cant be trusted as your last line of defense on any given play. i DO think he would make a bad azz nickleback. a helper...his tackling is pathetic.
the less responsibilities this guy has, the better off he will be. i say let him gamble.....at nickleback. this is how to get the best return on your investment imo....

i think P-B's problem was your coaching staff. Hoke IMO is a very good secondary caoch and i have alot of faith in him. if P-B is as bad as u say he is im willin to bet hoke will straighten him out and teach him when to take risks and when to not. i think comin to the texans will really be the begenning of his career.
Old 05-12-2005   #15
raidergavy
Rookie

Default i dont know about that. from what i have seen

one of our staffs better qualities is that they can actually develop players nowadays.imo

danny clark had his best season last year.
ronald curry came out of nowhere for 59 catches...
scwheigart seemed to steadily get better.
asomougha is developing into a decent back. he hit's like a truck too.
courtney andersen came out of nowhere his rookie season to knock off jolley for the starter.
porter is turning into a stud. i am sure you all saw him roasting bailey in the denver game. gruden and cally relied way too heavily on vets and were not developers of talent. i am sure you all remember the "oldest team" comments from the press. we are young now.

teyo johnson was running his mouth last year and one play he acted like he was humping a player in the face. norv benched his azz. wouldnt even let him dress out.raymond chester pulled him to the side and started working with his game and more importantly on his tude.

tommy kelly was looking good and coming along nicely.

these were for the most part, youngsters.

the flip side is buchanon didnt work out for us and neither did napoleon harris, who was unseated by a career backup(danny jackson). nap was actually riding the pine alot last year.

callahan lost control of that team and i am seeing norv do some things to get it back. like running people out of town like "showtime" and napoleon harris" i am gonna be better than ray lewis".

he has also weeded out people like brown and rice who were hindering the development of our other w.r.'s like curry.

brown and rice were becoming distractions, big time.

we made the right move with those 2. they didnt do squat for their respective teams last year.

i remember tim lobbying al to hire bugel and white, and then he promptly turns around and stabs them in the back when they left.

our team may be viewed upon as dysfunctional, but that's the way it's always been and it been good enough for 3s.b. wins and 2 more where we lost. it's nothing new.

the team was MORE dysfunctional when we went to the s.b. than it is now, by a long shot.

like i said, put him at nickle. let him gamble and make big plays. lower risk/high rewards.

of course i am gonna have a different take on the raiders. i have been watching them for a very long time.
Old 05-12-2005   #16
THEFUTURE
All Pro

of course a raider fan is gonna talk a lot of stuff about PB after he is gone, PB didnt want to be there, and the fans were giving him a bad time about it when the news was leaked. PB is still raw, but has the talent. He didnt get quality coaching in Oakland, theres nothing quality about oakland period, except the Warriors. they bring in other teams trash..*jerry rice* now randy moss... its good that we got PB young, so that he can still change some of the aspects of him game, and still be productive for a few years to come
THEFUTURE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005   #17
THEFUTURE
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by raidergavy

the team was MORE dysfunctional when we went to the s.b. than it is now, by a long shot.

like i said, put him at nickle. let him gamble and make big plays. lower risk/high rewards.
PB has to be a starter, Faggins is our nickle and is a very solid nickelback.... how can you bring in Randy Moss and Lamont Jordan, and have Warren Sapp and Woodson... and not be more dysfunctional
THEFUTURE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005   #18
AndroidRaider24
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEFUTURE
of course a raider fan is gonna talk a lot of stuff about PB after he is gone, PB didnt want to be there, and the fans were giving him a bad time about it when the news was leaked. PB is still raw, but has the talent. He didnt get quality coaching in Oakland, theres nothing quality about oakland period, except the Warriors. they bring in other teams trash..*jerry rice* now randy moss... its good that we got PB young, so that he can still change some of the aspects of him game, and still be productive for a few years to come
No not really, people wanted him gone 2 seasons ago, we where happy that he wanted to be traded... i mean the guy gave up the game winning TD the week before and then he wants out... blah blah blah stop this nonsense about coaching, he doesnt work out, he doesnt try to look at film, he refuses to take anyone else advice... expect if it is from Deon Sanders, He has a ****ty attitude, which is the reason he is playing for a mere 800,000.
AndroidRaider24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005   #19
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
which is the reason he is playing for a mere 800,000.
The reason he is playing for a mere 800,000 is because he is still under his rookie contract...
Old 05-12-2005   #20
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

So when PB is a FA after the 2006 season, he will be a restricted FA and not unrestricted ? That way we need to just match the best offer to keep him, or cut him loose if we're not happy with him.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read