Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-12-2012   #21
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 143118 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 20 Years From Now: Who Will Be Our Biggest Rival?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toro On Parade View Post
I don't think the Texans are going anywhere. Even when they were horrible they were still selling out Reliant Stadium.
I hope you are right. Fact is though, all it takes is a change in ownership for whatever reason and all bets are off. McNair could give it up, or, God forbid, worse. The Texans could get another Jim Crane at the controls. 20 years is a generation away.
Old 04-12-2012   #22
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 246310 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I don't think the Texans are going anywhere. Even when they were horrible they were still selling out Reliant Stadium.
I hope they don't go anywhere. I couldn't manage that type of "move" twice and still remain an NFL fan in any shape or form. As to selling out Reliant, the Texans are way past their grace period with the fans now having finally won a playoff game at home. If the Texans were to go into a skid lasting over a couple of seasons, those sell outs could be in danger with the Houston sports fans. Just ask every other sports franchise that's ever called Houston it's home.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012   #23
paycheck71
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40389 paycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
It can't be the Cowboys. The antipathy by fans has nothing to do with the Texans. It is all residual fan feelings from the Cowboys' glory days. The only way that could play into a giant true rivalry is if the Cowboys and Texans played against each other in a series of Super Bowls like the Cowboys and Steelers.

I think it has to be the Titans. Obviously the shear history of the teams but also it really seems like the players are developing an animosity. The legend of AJ beating the F out of Innegan will carry on.
Hard to argue with anything said above. I pretty much feel the same way. For there to be a rivalry, you have to play the team fairly regularly. I honestly hate the Titans a lot more than the Cowboys. The Cowboys are just a fun team for me to kind of make fun of, considering that they're stuck with Jerry until he dies...
paycheck71 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012   #24
Toro On Parade
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Toro On Parade is on the Pro-Bowl ballotToro On Parade is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by paycheck71 View Post
. The Cowboys are just a fun team for me to kind of make fun of, considering that they're stuck with Jerry until he dies...
It's the sad truth of the Cowboys. I have converted alot of Cowboy's fans in our area. My dad was one of their biggest fans and I slowly turned him into a Texans Fan. Now we always make the longer drive to Houston rather than just going up the Interstate and watching Jerry's Team.
Old 04-12-2012   #25
rush2112mn
All Pro

Rep Power: 972 rush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respected
Angry Re: 20 Years From Now: Who Will Be Our Biggest Rival?

Quote:
It's great being able to watch a franchise when it first begins. One of the most exciting things that I have been interested in seeing is which team will be the most heated rival for our Texans? Will our hatred for our in-state rival The Cowboys, and the fact that the Texans only get to play them about every 4 years make that game intense enough for you to say that they will be our greatest rivalry in 20 years?

Or do you believe the Titans, with the still sore feeling of resentment of knowing they are the old Oiler's create enough intensity for them to be considered our Greatest Enemy?

Or will the Colt's continue to be a pain in our neck(yes that was a shot at Manning) for years to come and position themselves as our adversary?

Or possibly the Jaguars? Or whatever their mascot will be if they are moved to LA.

I just wanted to know ya'lls opinions.
Why are you thinking 20 years down the line.....????
You dont even know if we are going to have a team in 20 years. We may all be dead in 20 years...
Or maybe our team got sold to someone who wanted a new stadium and the City of Houston did not have any money and the voters would not appove bonds......and the owner ended up selling the team to Los Angeles.....dont laugh....it happened before with the Oilers......It can happen again......
rush2112mn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012   #26
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Who Will Be Our Biggest Rival?
Roger Goodell.
Old 04-12-2012   #27
Toro On Parade
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Toro On Parade is on the Pro-Bowl ballotToro On Parade is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by rush2112mn View Post
Why are you thinking 20 years down the line.....????
You dont even know if we are going to have a team in 20 years. We may all be dead in 20 years...
Or maybe our team got sold to someone who wanted a new stadium and the City of Houston did not have any money and the voters would not appove bonds......and the owner ended up selling the team to Los Angeles.....dont laugh....it happened before with the Oilers......It can happen again......
Just as a random timeline. Okay so let me rephrase it for you: Assuming that the Team isn't moved, and assuming that all of us make it to twenty years, and assuming Aliens, Monsters, Gay Vampires, or Morons who can't understand when someone put's "20 years" as a time frame it is understood that the team is still in existence(people like you) have taken over and destroyed the world. Who will be our biggest rival in the future? There, did that make it more simple for you or do I need to use a series of grunts to communicate with you?

haha nah I'm just playing man.

Last edited by Toro On Parade; 04-12-2012 at 12:42 PM. Reason: Forgot a comma
Toro On Parade is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-12-2012   #28
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 313912 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Roger Goodell.
We will thank him when bubble flag football is the biggest (and safest) sport in the world!
Old 04-12-2012   #29
BattleRedRock
Cush56HatLayer

Section: blue lot
Rep Power: 0 BattleRedRock is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedRock is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedRock is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedRock is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedRock is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedRock is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedRock is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedRock is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedRock is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedRock is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedRock is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Just as a random timeline. Okay so let me rephrase it for you: Assuming that the Team isn't moved, and assuming that all of us make it to twenty years, and assuming Aliens, Monsters, Gay Vampires, or Morons who can't understand when someone put's "20 years" as a time frame it is understood that the team is still in existence(people like you) have taken over and destroyed the world. Who will be our biggest rival in the future? There, did that make it more simple for you or do I need to use a series of grunts to communicate with you?

haha nah I'm just playing man.
See you mentioned aliens, vampires, morons, etc.. but no one mentioned future technology.. with the way Mr. Goodell has manage the league and turned it powder puff, hell we may not even have REAL people playing the game anymore it could be robots i.e IRobot or REAL STEEL or some other type of futuristic crap. that being said i think our biggest rival is goodell and the league itself considering all the rule changes every year turning it more and more into flag football..
BattleRedRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012   #30
Quick II Draw
Veteran

Rep Power: 2095 Quick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respected

It is irrelevant to think that far away in football terms. 20 years is 4 to 5 generations in football terms. No players that we know today will still be in the league (except a few lucky kickers/punters). Almost every current coach and administrator will be retired and out of football. Dynasties that nobody could have imagined (see: Patriots) will have risen and fallen. There's about a 100% chance that there will be franchise relocation(s), franchise expansion(s), and division realignment.

We've got some good young talent on this team and should remain above-average for the next few years. Sit back, relax, and enjoy the show.
Quick II Draw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012   #31
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 111168 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Re: 20 Years From Now: Who Will Be Our Biggest Rival?

My liver!

Old 04-12-2012   #32
80tothezone
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5079 80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected

I think he ravens if we keep playing them.....we have yet to beat em and once but once we do I think it will go back and forth quite a bit.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2
Old 04-12-2012   #33
wildroot
Veteran

Rep Power: 1945 wildroot is a quality contributor and well respectedwildroot is a quality contributor and well respectedwildroot is a quality contributor and well respectedwildroot is a quality contributor and well respectedwildroot is a quality contributor and well respectedwildroot is a quality contributor and well respectedwildroot is a quality contributor and well respectedwildroot is a quality contributor and well respectedwildroot is a quality contributor and well respectedwildroot is a quality contributor and well respectedwildroot is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
I have no idea who our biggest rival could be in 20 years. Hell, I just hope I'm still alive in 20 years.
Then I guess the "In 46 years who will our head Coach be?" thread won't be of much interest to you?
wildroot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012   #34
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 246310 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildroot View Post
Then I guess the "In 46 years who will our head Coach be?" thread won't be of much interest to you?
Watch it there bubba, or I'll pay the moderators to change your name from wildroot to wilted root.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012   #35
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 145918 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

teams rise and fall too quickly. For me rivals are whomever is ahead of us in standings. Respect all fear none.
Old 04-12-2012   #36
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 122497 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Nobody.

-Mayans, Dec 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012   #37
Toro On Parade
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
Nobody.

-Mayans, Dec 2012
Actually the Mayan calender ended 7-8 months ago. It did not account for "Leap year" so you no longer have to worry.
Old 04-13-2012   #38
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 93451 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

What a stupid thread.
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read