Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 05-11-2005   #1
YodAa
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to YodAa
Question What would you trade for Julius Peppers?

Think about it. We get Peppers. Put him right on the line and this is what our line looks like:

Robaire Smith--------------Travis Johnson/Seth Payne---------Julius Peppers

It would be such a great line and it would automatically take of a lot of pressure from our LBs and DBs.

I would trade our 1st round pick, 3rd round pick, next years 2nd round pick, next years 4th round pick and Gary Walker.

With this trade our line would go from this:

To this:

O ya!
Old 05-11-2005   #2
Scottyboy420
waterboy

Default woULD NEVER Happen

YEah i would love a trade like that, but 99.9% most likely not to happen!!
even if it was two first round picks!!!
Old 05-11-2005   #3
Texas_Thrill
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Texas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballotTexas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

I like it (for my madden). No way we could afford that deal.
Texas_Thrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005   #4
YodAa
All Pro

Why couldn't we afford it? I would actually be willing to add Seth Payne and the next years 1st for him.
Old 05-11-2005   #5
Scottyboy420
waterboy

Default Fat Chance!

If we couldnt get anything for Glenn or Sharper, then we wont get **** for Payne/Walker!!! :brickwall
Old 05-11-2005   #6
Dunta_23
All Pro

It would be a great trade...but what is in that deal for Carolina other than the draft picks??? Peppers is a Dominant player, no draft pick is a sure thing, I think it would take more along the lines of 2 first round picks plus minimum 2 thirds....no team will trade for a Seth Payne or Gary Walker with the contracts they have
Dunta_23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005   #7
YodAa
All Pro

Well seeing as Carolina isn't all there with their WRs how bout you take of Payne and insert Jabar Gaffney? Once we see that Mathis is a good #2 and Armstrong is the man for the slot position Jabar wouldn't be needed anymore and after having a good season last year and all the draft picks they would at least consider this trade.
Old 05-11-2005   #8
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

Peppers is about 20-25 pounds short of Smith and Johnson. Im not sure he is big enough to play a 3-4 DE
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005   #9
YodAa
All Pro

Well if I was CC you guys would be watching me unveil Julius' new Texans Jersey with the number 96 on it (90 is taken)
Old 05-11-2005   #10
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by YodAa
Well if I was CC you guys would be watching me unveil Julius' new Texans Jersey with the number 96 on it (90 is taken)
It takes two to tango and the Panthers wont trade a superstar for some picks that could turn out to be busts.

It's never a smart thing too trade a certain thing for a couple of uncertain things...

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005   #11
TexasBoySimms
Rookie

i say we trade andre for jerry rice
TexasBoySimms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005   #12
TexasBoySimms
Rookie

or Bj Simmons for Chris Simms
TexasBoySimms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005   #13
Texan Dave
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasBoySimms
You're kidding right???
Texan Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005   #14
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

I doubt the Panthers would seriously consider any sort of trade for Peppers. He's an outstanding talent, and he's only getting better.

However, since this is all a hypothetical thread then I'd take the underhanded route. I'd get John Fox and the Panther's GM drunk, and convince them to trade Peppers to the Texans for a Kenneth Pettway autographed jersey.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005   #15
jagsfanincanada
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid
Peppers is about 20-25 pounds short of Smith and Johnson. Im not sure he is big enough to play a 3-4 DE
Exactly. Peppers would be an OLB in a 3-4.
jagsfanincanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005   #16
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1312 281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected

Yup... Peppers would probably take Peek's place.

-Ben Franklin
281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005   #17
TopTexanFan16
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasBoySimms
say it aint soooo. please tell me ur kiddin or there are some serious problems....i mean serious problems goin through ur mind
Old 05-12-2005   #18
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 264272 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasguy346
However, since this is all a hypothetical thread then I'd take the underhanded route. I'd get John Fox and the Panther's GM drunk, and convince them to trade Peppers to the Texans for a Kenneth Pettway autographed jersey.
Sure this is a hypothetical thread but you can only stretch reality so far man. You better throw in an autographed cap with that if you want to make it work.
Old 05-17-2005   #19
TexansCanes
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan Dave
You're kidding right???
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopTexanFan16
say it aint soooo. please tell me ur kiddin or there are some serious problems....i mean serious problems goin through ur mind
are you serious, you actually have to ask that question. i guess his joke went over the heads of at least two people

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read