Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-06-2012   #1
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 58125 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texans Nightmare Pick

It's pushing 11:00pm on a Thursday evening late in April & Texans brain trust sits in New York waiting patiently to make their selection for Houston. Seems like three hours have passed already now our time is up to send the pick front & center to God himself so he can make the announcement to the football world. Already covered in sweat after processing 25 previous big, nervous & equally sweaty draft prospects, he advances to the podium wiping his brow.

Time stops, you drop everything your doing including your precious, beer (no not really). You struggle in agony, yell @ family/friends (soon to be ex) keep quiet & kick the dog for good measure, you are in the zone. Think damn it think, who is still available, followed by horror, who will the Texans take? Receivers you wanted are gone, as are all elite blue chip players @ every position of need. How did this happen? Your head is pounding, spinning hard (nothing to do with that empty 12pk laying harmlessly in the recycle tote). Feel nauseous, maybe a trip to the bathroom would relieve situation, but wait hold on can't miss the moment. Now your mind has gone completely blank, limp & empty can't think of a name or number worth the 26th pick, you start hoping that Texans trade down?

Then Goodell bends over his throne, I mean podium & announces, with the 26th selection in the 2012 NFL Draft the Houston Texans select.............. your worst nightmare pick.

Who is it____________________?

And Why___________________?

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012   #2
ckhouston
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 ckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Nightmare Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
It's pushing 11:00pm on a Thursday evening late in April & Texans brain trust sits in New York waiting patiently to make their selection for Houston. Seems like three hours have passed already now our time is up to send the pick front & center to God himself so he can make the announcement to the football world. Already covered in sweat after processing 25 previous big, nervous & equally sweaty draft prospects, he advances to the podium wiping his brow.

Time stops, you drop everything your doing including your precious, beer (no not really). You struggle in agony, yell @ family/friends (soon to be ex) keep quiet & kick the dog for good measure, you are in the zone. Think damn it think, who is still available, followed by horror, who will the Texans take? Receivers you wanted are gone, as are all elite blue chip players @ every position of need. How did this happen? Your head is pounding, spinning hard (nothing to do with that empty 12pk laying harmlessly in the recycle tote). Feel nauseous, maybe a trip to the bathroom would relieve situation, but wait hold on can't miss the moment. Now your mind has gone completely blank, limp & empty can't think of a name or number worth the 26th pick, you start hoping that Texans trade down?

Then Goodell bends over his throne, I mean podium & announces, with the 26th selection in the 2012 NFL Draft the Houston Texans select.............. your worst nightmare pick.

Fleener.

Basically just a beefed up WR. Doesn't block well.

I don't think he will make it that far, but if he does I would trade out and get something from a team who needs a receiving TE ... we don't.
ckhouston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012   #3
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Randle. I dont see an NFL receiver when I watch him play.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012   #4
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Randle is a good choice. Just a big, fast guy who isn't really good at WR. If you hadn't said that I'd probably choose him. Stephen Hill would probably kill me. The guy is lightning fast, sure. Yeah, he came from a blocking school. Can he catch?
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012   #5
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 139196 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post

HWSNBN

Because I would prompltly punch myself in the junk and then swallow a shotgun shell.
Old 04-06-2012   #6
Texas T
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17309 Texas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
HWSNBN

Because I would prompltly punch myself in the junk and then swallow a shotgun shell.
I was just getting ready to say the same thing and I saw your message pop up. You never know they may pick the next HWSNBN!! Or the next J.J. Watt!
Old 04-06-2012   #7
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 200878 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Brian Anger P Cal , I just can't see drafting a punter in the 1st .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-06-2012   #8
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 86293 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Let's be perfectly honest here, if I don't know who it is, it's a bad pick.
Old 04-06-2012   #9
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 58125 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

I keep coming back to Alshon Jeffery, WR, South Carolina. Concerns about his weight & work ethic, he impressed @ his Pro-Day after skipping working out @ the combine. He measured 6-3, weighed in @ 213lbs. Vertical 36.5 Broad Jump 10'2" & ran a 4.38 & 4.47 in his forty. Texans like big bodied WR's & if they can run fast well check that box now as well. I would rather take a shot with Fleener because he is consistent, durable, strong & smart. Jeffery scares the out of me & Texans are in the market for WR, regardless

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012   #10
ckhouston
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 ckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respected

Most of the girls at my office also use large blue text.
ckhouston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012   #11
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 243112 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Sorry, there seems to be lots of noise coming from the Texans booth. Seems like they're having a tough time deciding on their pick. Time has expired and we will have to move onto New England. New England is on the clock.........
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012   #12
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post

Sorry, there seems to be lots of noise coming from the Texans booth. Seems like they're having a tough time deciding on their pick. Time has expired and we will have to move onto New England. New England is on the clock.........
If Wade wins the battle over RS we might stand a chance. If not? Well, there's always next year!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012   #13
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 34380 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Quote:

You a fool, man..hahaha good stuff.
Old 04-06-2012   #14
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

Me. I can't play football.
Old 04-06-2012   #15
clutch
Rookie

Rep Power: 960 clutch is a quality contributor and well respectedclutch is a quality contributor and well respectedclutch is a quality contributor and well respectedclutch is a quality contributor and well respectedclutch is a quality contributor and well respectedclutch is a quality contributor and well respectedclutch is a quality contributor and well respectedclutch is a quality contributor and well respectedclutch is a quality contributor and well respectedclutch is a quality contributor and well respectedclutch is a quality contributor and well respected

Dorell wright..

To short and to skinny..
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012   #16
BattleRedRock
Cush56HatLayer

Section: blue lot
Rep Power: 0 BattleRedRock is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedRock is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedRock is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedRock is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedRock is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedRock is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedRock is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedRock is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedRock is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedRock is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedRock is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhouston View Post
Fleener.

Basically just a beefed up WR. Doesn't block well.

I don't think he will make it that far, but if he does I would trade out and get something from a team who needs a receiving TE ... we don't.
I was really thinking Fleener myself cause i know Kubiak has an obsession for TEs but i think Mo Sanu kinda scares me too, seems like a bit of a reach if they took him. maybe sanu or randle in the second rd would be ok but not in the first. Seems like all the mocks have the receivers slipping and us taken Wright but that kinda bothers me too just bc i feel hes more of a slot and we dont need another slot we need a legit #2.. that being said, i REALLY like LB Nick Perry out of USC
BattleRedRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012   #17
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleRedRock View Post
I was really thinking Fleener myself cause i know Kubiak has an obsession for TEs but i think Mo Sanu kinda scares me too, seems like a bit of a reach if they took him. maybe sanu or randle in the second rd would be ok but not in the first. Seems like all the mocks have the receivers slipping and us taken Wright but that kinda bothers me too just bc i feel hes more of a slot and we dont need another slot we need a legit #2.. that being said, i REALLY like LB Nick Perry out of USC
And I bet Wade does too and has already bent Rick's ear.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012   #18
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28037 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

My "Nightmare Pick" is sure to be whoever Kubiak picks, I sure hope Phillips is in charge of this years draft as well. He did great last year, don't mess with what works.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012   #19
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 181199 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Ok who is the guy in the choke hold, Gary?
Old 04-06-2012   #20
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 181199 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm going with ILB Vontaze Burfict

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read