Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-05-2012   #1
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Bob McNair Speaks

Quote:
"(Fans) don't have the benefit of the depth of knowledge that we have as to what's going on with the team and what we need to do to remain a strong, competitive team" McNair said. "We're taking steps that allow us to be competitive long into the future."

McNair also said that the team is still considering free agents which remain on the market. But the Texans simply couldn't afford to retain all of their high-salaried players.

"There's a limit as to how many of those players you can afford to have without damaging your team," he said. "I want us to be a Super Bowl contender every year. That's why we have a plan.

McNair also confirmed what many believed in terms of the Texans' draft needs: "We know we need more help at wide receiver and we'd like to have more speed on the other side of Andre. And we'd like to have another pass rusher since we lost Mario."

The Texans will also look to add offensive linemen and defensive backs.

But in clarifying the thought process behind the offseason moves, McNair persistent point was that the team had to make decisions now to help secure the next offseason.

"You never want to lose good players but that's going to happen to us every year," said McNair. "You can't pay eight or ten players $10 million per year on each side of the ball. New England let (Richard) Seymour go and Seymour's made the Pro Bowl the last two years. I think that's the way it's going to be going forward in the NFL and every other team is going to face the same situation."

McNair added that he will discuss contract extensions for coach Gary Kubiak and General Manager Rick Smith after the draft but he's happy with job performance of both.
http://www.foxsportshouston.com/04/0...72&feedID=3714

Um Bob....the Patiots traded Seymour for a first round draft pick....but we don't have the depth of understanding, so we have that going for us.

I'm posting this mainly to draw in twitter looks.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012   #2
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 23636 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: McNair References Seymour Trade in regard to our Off Season Moves

Oh I thought we traded for Richard Seymour! Lol.
Old 04-05-2012   #3
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 171407 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Bob McNair Speaks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
http://www.foxsportshouston.com/04/0...72&feedID=3714

Um Bob....the Patiots traded Seymour for a first round draft pick....but we don't have the depth of understanding, so we have that going for us.

I'm posting this mainly to draw in twitter looks.
Somewhat disingenuous presentation on the subject of Seymour. Only emphasizes why we have not been the "Patriots" and they have.

The Patriots brain trust

The Texans brain trust
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012   #4
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

We are winners
Old 04-05-2012   #5
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 56880 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Somewhat disingenuous presentation on the subject of Seymour. Only emphasizes why we have not been the "Patriots" and they have.

The Patriots brain trust

The Texans brain trust
Bob likes his brain trust to think outside the brain box.
Old 04-06-2012   #6
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Oh YEA!!!!! He wants to extend Rick Smiths contract! Jumpin for joy!!

Always a "contender," just like 31 other teams, but, never a winner! That's what we will remain as long as Daddy Bob keeps his head where the sun don't shine!! JMO!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012   #7
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 35068 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Take it easy on the kid, he's just getting this winning thing down.

The Seymour statement was another confidence killer.
Old 04-06-2012   #8
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 17967 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

LOL at the title of the article.

Quote:
McNair eases Texans fans' nerves about moves
Is that really what's happening here? Not too many fans over here seem "eased."
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012   #9
ckhouston
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 ckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
Is that really what's happening here? Not too many fans over here seem "eased."
It eased my bowel movements. After reading this I was so upset I could just @#%$.
ckhouston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012   #10
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 70276 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Yesirree Bob, nothing like a little offseason to bring everybody's positive attitudes back.

God, I just love this place.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012   #11
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 68162 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

It's funny now that the Texans are having big boy problems for like the first time ever, most of the "fans" we have immediately go to a doom and gloom mode because you know, we lost Eric Winston, and Mike Brisel, and Mario Williams. Not Brian Cushing, not Arian Foster, not Chris Myers, not Andre Johnson, no the reason we are going into the toilet this year is because we lost a guy we basically didn't have last year, a RT whom most on here called "overrated", a guy who came out on 3rd downs, and an actual good guard. We lose 2 guys out of 4 that probably receive the most negative attention on this board, yet most of the people who were complaining about them are now saying we are screwed.
Old 04-06-2012   #12
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Words can't express how stupid the statement about Seymour that Bob made is. Does he really think the average fan swallows that garbage? He is out of touch with average everyday people.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012   #13
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 37603 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bckey View Post
Words can't express how stupid the statement about Seymour that Bob made is. Does he really think the average fan swallows that garbage? He is out of touch with average everyday people.
It doesn't sound as bad as the 2010 comment "We're on the right track"
Old 04-06-2012   #14
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
"(Fans) don't have the benefit of the depth of knowledge that we have as to what's going on with the team and what we need to do to remain a strong, competitive team"

Bob has convinced me.

The next time I go to a fine restaurant and get (what I consider) a bad meal, I'll remind myself I'm not a chef and will convince myself to be pleased with it. Then I'll recommend it to everyone who asks, because they have a real, live, PROFESSIONAL chef back there.

Test drive a car? Don't like it? What do I know, I don't design cars. Buy it!

Go to the movies. Dare I suggest the movie was bad? Hell no! Who do I think I am, a director?

Life will be so much easier now, walking around in my "happy place" with a vacuous smile on my face...
Old 04-06-2012   #15
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 16683 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Glad he said that.

Get mad.
Old 04-06-2012   #16
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
It's funny now that the Texans are having big boy problems for like the first time ever, most of the "fans" we have immediately go to a doom and gloom mode because you know, we lost Eric Winston, and Mike Brisel, and Mario Williams. Not Brian Cushing, not Arian Foster, not Chris Myers, not Andre Johnson, no the reason we are going into the toilet this year is because we lost a guy we basically didn't have last year, a RT whom most on here called "overrated", a guy who came out on 3rd downs, and an actual good guard. We lose 2 guys out of 4 that probably receive the most negative attention on this board, yet most of the people who were complaining about them are now saying we are screwed.
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I guess we will see! I have faith in our remaining players, but, I have ZERO faith in the man that is expected to give them the help they will need to make it to the big show! I think he is a complete dumb*ss! CC was pretty bad, but, RS beats him to hell and back. The fact the Daddy Bob is even thinking about extending that man's contract makes me wanna cry. I'm gettin OLD, and I wanna see a SB before I go on to football heaven! Aint's gonna happen with RS running the show!! JMO!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012   #17
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I've never had a problem with the necessity of these changes; something had to be done. Trying to make the case that the team's on-field performance won't be impacted negatively, or will even be better, seems far fetched to me.

I think Bob agrees:

Quote:
But in clarifying the thought process behind the offseason moves, McNair persistent point was that the team had to make decisions now to help secure the next offseason.

Just win the-season-after-this, baby.
Old 04-06-2012   #18
Porky
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52757 Porky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respected

Bob "Lucy" Mcnair pulls another fast one on Charlie "Texans Fans" Brown.

Old 04-06-2012   #19
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 16683 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porky View Post
Bob "Lucy" Mcnair pulls another fast one on Charlie "Texans Fans" Brown.

Like 2011, right?

Wait...what you mean they won the division? You lyin'...
Old 04-06-2012   #20
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Bob McNair Speaks

Quote:
I think most fans want 2 questions answered:

1. Why did we not trade Winston or Brisel? (all legit speculative answers I have heard involve the F.O. kind of dropping the ball)

2. Why did we not front load deals in the uncapped year like many other teams did t avoid where we are today?

I don't think anyone is saying doom and gloom because those guys are gone. They are saying 'I don't think our FO did this in a smart way.'
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read