Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 04-11-2012   #1
TigerV1
All Pro

Rep Power: 91 TigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default TigerV1's Mock 4/11/12

This is my first attempt at a public mock so be gentle...

1st: Dont'a Hightower ILB (additonal considerations: Whitney Mercilius, OLB; Kendall Wright, WR; Coby Fleener, TE)

2nd: Vinny Curry OLB (additonal considerations: Rueben Randle, WR; Shea McClellin, OLB; Brandon Thompson, NT)

3rd: Juron Criner WR (additonal considerations: Alameda Ta'amu, NT; Josh Chapman, NT; Markelle Martin, S)

4th A: Derek Wolfe NT (additonal considerations: Philip Blake, C; Cyrus Gray, RB; Nick Toon, WR)

4th B: Tommy Streeter WR (additonal considerations: Nate Potter, OG/OT; Trevor Guyton, DE; Michael Egnew, TE)

5th: Ryan Miller OG/OT (additonal considerations: Audie Cole, ILB; Tank Carder, ILB; Terrance Ganaway, RB)

6th: Nick Provo TE (additonal considerations: Randy Bullock, K; Kellen Moore, QB; Vontaze Burfict, ILB)

7th: Terrence Frederick CB (additonal considerations: Jordan White, WR; Cody Johnson, FB; Donnie Fletcher, CB)
Old 04-12-2012   #2
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28037 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: TigerV1's Mock 4/11/12

1. Hightower, you will make some guys here very happy with this pick but I'm not one of them. I don't think the Texans value the ILB spot that Demeco had this highly. Remember this ILB spot will rotate out of the game on passing downs and with Demeco that was about 50% of all defensive snaps. So your 1st round defensive pick will be on the sideline watching half of all defensive snaps.
2. Curry, I know BB really likes him but I'm just not that familiar with Curry and I question the level of competition he faced in college.
3. Criner, I like this pick. He's got size and athleticism.
4. Wolfe, if available this is a great pick.
4. Streeter, he's falling on most boards and although he's got great potential he's also a big time project, but he's worth the risk down here. Good pick.
5. Miller, I think we can do better at OG, Millers' height will be an issue. He'll have difficulty getting his pad height down low enough to prevent defenders getting under him and standing him up.
6. Provo, I don't know anything about him. I'd take Bullock here.
7. Frederick, I don't know anything about him either but we've already got lots of young CB's on the roster. What's he going to do that McManis, Carmichael, Harris, McCain, and Jackson can't do.

You've got the right positions, a few good players, and a few good picks. Not bad for a first attempt.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012   #3
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: TigerV1's Mock 4/11/12

Not bad, might've gone with a couple of your other considerations over the ones you picked but I don't have a problem with any player in particular. Fleener 1st, McClellin 2nd (if available), Bullock 6th.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read