Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-04-2012   #1
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 20123 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Preseason Schedule Annouced

Week 1: @car
Week 2: sf
Week 3: @nos
Week 4: min
Old 04-04-2012   #2
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84
Default Re: Preseason Schedule Annouced

Not looking forward to playing on that turf for our week 3 staters game.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012   #3
TexansBlood
The CUSH!

Section: 140
Rep Power: 8759 TexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respected

Looks like another trip to New Orleans for me!
TexansBlood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012   #4
TheBigpaki
Veteran

Rep Power: 760 TheBigpaki is a quality contributor and well respectedTheBigpaki is a quality contributor and well respectedTheBigpaki is a quality contributor and well respectedTheBigpaki is a quality contributor and well respectedTheBigpaki is a quality contributor and well respectedTheBigpaki is a quality contributor and well respectedTheBigpaki is a quality contributor and well respectedTheBigpaki is a quality contributor and well respectedTheBigpaki is a quality contributor and well respectedTheBigpaki is a quality contributor and well respectedTheBigpaki is a quality contributor and well respected

Great we get the best games at home. 2nd & 4th.
TheBigpaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012   #5
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 64918 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84 View Post
Not looking forward to playing on that turf for our week 3 staters game.
Why? I would think the idea would be to want to play anywhere else. We have one of the worst fields (if not the worst) in the NFL, don't we?
NitroGSXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012   #6
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 136288 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

@NO Saints is a national game. Saturday night on CBS.
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012   #7
paycheck71
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46138 paycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroGSXR View Post
Why? I would think the idea would be to want to play anywhere else. We have one of the worst fields (if not the worst) in the NFL, don't we?
As bad as it sometimes looks, the players rank it fairly well. This is after the 2010 season.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post...-surfaces-rate
paycheck71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-04-2012   #8
Lucky

Rep Power: 184792 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

So the Cowboys are no longer a regular on the preseason schedule? Too bad, I wanted to do a road trip to see the stadium.

That Viking game will probably be on a Thursday night. Not a good tailgate night.
Old 04-04-2012   #9
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16557 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

and dont expect Matt schaub to play half of these games LOL

look like ol TJ yates and who ever our 3rd stringer is will get alot of snaps
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012   #10
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 274452 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
and dont expect Matt schaub to play half of these games LOL

look like ol TJ yates and who ever our 3rd stringer is will get alot of snaps
No biggie... That's kind of the way it was last preseason. In P/S game 1, the 1st teamers played about 2-3 series then sat down. The next game the played the 1st qtr and some change then sat down. Only in the 3rd game did they play a bunch. I don't recall any starters playing in the last P/S game.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012   #11
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 167815 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Here's a link of other teams' preseason opponents if interested.

(see right column for other teams)
Old 04-04-2012   #12
paycheck71
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46138 paycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respected

Is it August yet? I'm ready for some training camp news...
paycheck71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012   #13
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 139196 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nero THE zero View Post
Week 1: @car
Week 2: sf
Week 3: @nos
Week 4: min
It appears someone will wind up in a club called "the Dundgeon" that has no recollection of ever being there before..... Meanwhile watching Joe Texan doing a faceplant that I never saw before in fornt of said club...... I'm pretty sure that a great Saint fan named Glen (who owns a bar in the quarter) would never consider leading a Texan faction of about 15 into the SuperDome..... BUT That happened!!!

Good times!! GOOD TIMES!!!!!
Old 04-05-2012   #14
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 57076 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
It appears someone will wind up in a club called "the Dundgeon" that has no recollection of ever being there before..... Meanwhile watching Joe Texan doing a faceplant that I never saw before in fornt of said club...... I'm pretty sure that a great Saint fan named Glen (who owns a bar in the quarter) would never consider leading a Texan faction of about 15 into the SuperDome..... BUT That happened!!!

Also, the pepper plant you never fell onto is getting lonely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012   #15
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 274452 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakos82 View Post
Also, the pepper plant you never fell onto is getting lonely.
you guys still have imaginary friends at your ages?
seriously...?
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012   #16
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
you guys still have imaginary friends at your ages?
seriously...?
Obis, I can't vouch for whether they were imaginary or not but I heard stories. As they say "What happens in NO, stays in NO". Sure glad I had a hankering for a steak from Brennans instead. That wise move surely kept me out of the bowels of "the Dungeon". Don't know if I was really any more ahead of the game though since I don't even remember the long walk back to my room. Wonder if it had anything to do with running into that fellow who insisted upon sharing a blunt with me as he was sitting there waiting on the stop sign to turn green.

Was a hell of a road trip and had a hell of a great time, I think.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012   #17
BattleRedRock
Cush56HatLayer

Section: blue lot
Rep Power: 0 BattleRedRock is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedRock is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedRock is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedRock is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedRock is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedRock is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedRock is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedRock is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedRock is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedRock is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedRock is a quality contributor and well respected

Pre season just gives me another reason to drink.. woo hoo Texans football is on its way! (gulp gulp) Man, TJ is throwing the ball well he had a great off season(gulp gulp) , wow sharpton recovered nicely from his injury woo hoo (gulp gulp) and our new unis look nice (gulp gulp).. cuz other than that its kinda tiffy which is what our team needs considering our history with injuries.. Id rather hear about how much they stretched and ran so that way i know we're not gonna suffer any more hamstring injuries due to lack of preparation or lock out
BattleRedRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012   #18
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 139196 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
Obis, I can't vouch for whether they were imaginary or not but I heard stories. As they say "What happens in NO, stays in NO". Sure glad I had a hankering for a steak from Brennans instead. That wise move surely kept me out of the bowels of "the Dungeon". Don't know if I was really any more ahead of the game though since I don't even remember the long walk back to my room. Wonder if it had anything to do with running into that fellow who insisted upon sharing a blunt with me as he was sitting there waiting on the stop sign to turn green.

Was a hell of a road trip and had a hell of a great time, I think.
It was a great trip but it seemed like the ride home took 10 hours.
Old 04-05-2012   #19
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 90792 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Good Times indeed! I even remember parts of it...
Old 04-07-2012   #20
Historyhorn
Veteran

Rep Power: 39 Historyhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedHistoryhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedHistoryhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedHistoryhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedHistoryhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedHistoryhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedHistoryhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedHistoryhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedHistoryhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedHistoryhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedHistoryhorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Whatever happened to the Silver Boot in Pre-Season week 3?

I know they cancelled the game in the first year of the new Cowboys Stadium due to "logistics" issues associated with the opening of Jerryworld.

But that was more to Jerry wanting to rig who his first opponent and when those first opponents would visit his sandbox.

The assumption was that it would resume the very next year, but that didn't happen last year and the two teams aren't on the schedule this year either.

Anyone know what caused the game to be killed?

Go Texans
Historyhorn is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read