Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

AFC South Blog said what?

It may be a tough year for Luck, but yes, I would take a 22-year old Luck over any other QB in the AFCS. Easy decision.

It's about the current situation. If you have to go out an win a game tomorrow, would you start Luck over Schaub?

hmm sadly he might be right good thing no matter how good or bad luck is One player other then manning does not make a team

i have no doubt the colts will give us a touger challenge this year hell we went 1-1 with them last year ....but we didnt have schaub or a 100% AJ that game so we shall see

i still think just like last year the titans will be our biggest threat

Another thing is Luck could be the next Leaf and RGIII the next Manning. We'll find out when we go 16-0 or 14-2. :texflag:

Right now Luck is "Mr. Potential" and that's fine. Easily has the most upside of any QB in the AFC South and there's no disputing that.

When was the last time we had a first-overall "Mr. Potential" in our division? I believe that David Carr's sole purpose is to serve as a warning to others. Sure, Luck could be Peyton Manning 2.0 but he could also be David Carr 2.0 and nobody should forget that.

Not sold on Luck. A Stanford QB isn't facing quality defenses on a regular basis.

He's in for a rude awakening.

It's about the current situation. If you have to go out an win a game tomorrow, would you start Luck over Schaub?

This year, given Matt's injury and such, yeah probably. A full camp with Luck would make me feel pretty good about him, even as a rookie. His arm strength is just amazing, and you would see AJ hit 10+ TDs if Luck was the QB, no doubt about it.

Since Schaub has not been released to play and may not be by game one, I would go Luck for game this Sunday. Now would the Colts beat the Texans if Yates was QB? I say no.

Tomorrow, eh...?

Since no one has had training camp or OTAs or anything so far this year, I'd start Schaub.

Luck would have no experience in our offense, no timing with any of our WRs/TEs, and no experience against NFL-level defenses and the speed of the NFL game. Even with no camp and on one leg, Schaub has experience and familiarity going for him. Luck would be lost.

If we're playing tomorrow, give me the guy who knows our offense and has experience against NFL-level defenses and knows the speed of the big-boy game. Even slightly gimpy, Schaub has the edge.

This time next year, my answer to that question might be different.

Edit: In my scenario, Schaub has been released to play by team doctors otherwise this is a totally unfair question.

Meh, i don't think Schaub is all that or anything, but he's an NFL vet... Luck hasn't even taken a snap in the NFL yet...let him at least prove it first...

If Schaub is healthy and playing at the level he was before injury he is the best QB in the division. The end.

I said it before......dont take anything BSPN writes as true.
Hopefully, that makes some good bullentin board material for Schaub this summer.
I think Schaub comes back with a big year and goes to another probowl myself...

The article says it takes into account current and future performance. Easy choice for Luck then. If it was over the next 2 maybe 3 years its Schaub.

They better find Luck a solid running game. Because Peyton Manning is a once-in-a-lifetime type of QB. Props to Luck for his arm strength and other skill sets, but he's no Peyton Manning.

No other QB could do as much as Peyton did, over almost 10 years, with the inconsistent run game that he had to overcome. Only #18 could polish that dog turd of a run game and make the team as successful as they were. Had Manning been given a run game, he wins 3 SB titles and not just 1. Oh, and a subpar defense held him back too.

It really is amazing to see what Manning accomplished in spite of a consistently bad run game AND a habitually poor defense. He willed that team to success.

They better find Luck a solid running game. Because Peyton Manning is a once-in-a-lifetime type of QB. Props to Luck for his arm strength and other skill sets, but he's no Peyton Manning.

No other QB could do as much as Peyton did, over almost 10 years, with the inconsistent run game that he had to overcome. Only #18 could polish that dog turd of a run game and make the team as successful as they were. Had Manning been given a run game, he wins 3 SB titles and not just 1. Oh, and a subpar defense held him back too.

It really is amazing to see what Manning accomplished in spite of a consistently bad run game AND a habitually poor defense. He willed that team to success.

Man Crush Alert!! :thisbig:

:fingergun:

Right now Luck is "Mr. Potential" and that's fine. Easily has the most upside of any QB in the AFC South and there's no disputing that.

When was the last time we had a first-overall "Mr. Potential" in our division? I believe that David Carr's sole purpose is to serve as a warning to others. Sure, Luck could be Peyton Manning 2.0 but he could also be David Carr 2.0 and nobody should forget that.

This is what I'm expecting. When was the last time a once in a decade player actually turned out how he was supposed to?

Not sold on Luck. A Stanford QB isn't facing quality defenses on a regular basis.

He's in for a rude awakening.

Yeah, that Elway guy was just lucky. Give me an SEC QB who has faced "quality defenses" every week - like Jamarcus Russell or Tim Tebow.

Get real.

One thing that the AFC blogger may be correct about is that the other three teams in our division are starting to prepare, QB-wise, for the future. Schaub probably has two, maybe three more productive years. In the out years, 2014, 2015... When Luck and Locker have been seasoned by a couple of years "under fire" and are starting to come into their own (that's the worse case scenario for us - best case for us is they're both busts), who is the guy the Texans answer with? Do you really think that Yates is that guy? Will we take a flyer on Keenan? Someone else?

The changing of the guard at the QB position in the AFC South is underway. Are we ready for that future or will we be scrambling in a 2-3 years to catch up?

Yeah, that Elway guy was just lucky. Give me an SEC QB who has faced "quality defenses" every week - like Jamarcus Russell or Tim Tebow.

Get real.

I wouldn't say SEC.

I would say midwest guys like Brees, Big Ben, Brady.

Why you chose to put SEC in there is beyond me. Oh yeah, I know why: Because it makes a case against me. Try harder next time.

I wouldn't say SEC.

I would say midwest guys like Brees, Big Ben, Brady.

Why you chose to put SEC in there is beyond me. Oh yeah, I know why: Because it makes a case against me. Try harder next time.

You're not sure why I chose to put the SEC in there? Because your criticism was that Luck hadn't played against "quality defenses" at Stanford. More defensive players are drafted out of the SEC than any other conference. So next time you wonder why someone chose a specific example in responding your lame comments, look first at your own post, "GP".

Of course "you wouldn't say SEC". Because it disproves your case.

Try harder next time.

Last edited:
Back