Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-03-2012   #61
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans vs lions Thanksgiving (rumor)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyE View Post
Weren't we supposed to get a Thanksgiving game last year? As much as I'd love to be watching my Texans while filling my face with Pumpkin Pie, I'll have to wait and see if this'll happen.
Last year it was rumored that we would play the Jets on Thanksgiving night on NFL Network. That night slot is for any matchup the league chooses. The early slot this year is for a Lions opponent that plays in Detroit and is in the AFC. That leaves the Texans and the Colts.

It's a virtual lock that the Texans will play on Thanksgiving against the Lions. There is absolutely no way they'd stick the Colts on National TV instead of us, given the choice. Blowouts have terrible ratings.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012   #62
Drew_Smoke
@Drew_Smoke

Section: 117 FF
Rep Power: 611 Drew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respected

My source said we are the early game. Every time I doubt him, he's right.

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/sho...09#post1884909
Drew_Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012   #63
Texas T
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17309 Texas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
Would love to see ya too!! Maybe a trip to Nashville will be on the roadie agenda also. We'll see after the sch comes out.
If it works out that would be awesome. We'll have to see how it goes!

Depending on how the job goes-I may try and make a trip to see a home game this year...
Old 04-03-2012   #64
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 51245 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie Chiles View Post
A Thanksgiving game would be a lot of fun. Does anyone know the date that the complete schedules get released?
Schedule release dates the last 7 seasons:

05 - April 13
06 - April 6
07 - April 11
08 - April 15
09 - April 14
10 - April 20
11 - April 19

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012   #65
BIG TORO 
TERADACTYL #23

Section: Bull Pen!
Rep Power: 17946 BIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respected

Just found this on wiki:

Thanksgiving Classic: These games will occur on Thursday, November 22. The Detroit Lions will host an AFC team—either the Houston Texans or Indianapolis Colts—at 12:30 p.m. EST on CBS. (Under current NFL policy to give Thanksgiving appearances to those teams that have not yet appeared or have not appeared in several years, and given the 2011 performance of both the Texans and the Colts, Houston is the more likely visitor in Detroit.)
LINK

Sig Courtesy of False Start
BIG TORO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012   #66
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Dang get the TUMS ready!
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012   #67
Vinnie
with an I E

Section: 506, best section in the 500's!
Rep Power: 7306 Vinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respected

At least it's an away game. We've hosted Thanksgiving at our house for the last two years and I have a feeling that's not going to change. I'd hate to miss a game, or tell our family to take a hike.
Vinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-04-2012   #68
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

How epic would THIS be:

Texans vs. Cowboys on Thanksgiving!

I know not for this year, but in the future I think it would be awesome. Bob and Jerry would surely go for it--National exposure for both Texas teams who battle it out on Thanksgiving Day.

They should make the Thanksgiving Day games rivalry games. It has to be games like Bears-Packers, or Lions-Packers, or Cowboys-Redskins, etc. Rivalry games on Thanksgiving Day is an automatic win for fans. The intensity level is up about 12 notches from its normal setting.
Old 04-04-2012   #69
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
How epic would THIS be:

I know not for this year, but in the future I think it would be awesome. Bob and Jerry would surely go for it--National exposure for both Texas teams who battle it out on Thanksgiving Day.

They should make the Thanksgiving Day games rivalry games. It has to be games like Bears-Packers, or Lions-Packers, or Cowboys-Redskins, etc. Rivalry games on Thanksgiving Day is an automatic win for fans. The intensity level is up about 12 notches from its normal setting.
No thanks!! The "girls" don't consider us much of a rival anyway, we're to beneath them, in their teeny imaginations! I just don't think Cowboy fans hate the Texans as much as we hate them, supposedly. IF that does ever happen, I hope it's in Dallas. I don't want to EVER endure another experience like the one we had here! That was NOT a fun game!! JMO Maybe the Thanksgiving Day game could be like a mid season SB, played at a neutral stadium.
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012   #70
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 43308 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

If we'd be the home team, Thanksgiving Game would be great but too hard to win such a game on the road with such a short week to prepare.
IDEXAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012   #71
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
No thanks!! The "girls" don't consider us much of a rival anyway, we're to beneath them, in their teeny imaginations! I just don't think Cowboy fans hate the Texans as much as we hate them, supposedly. IF that does ever happen, I hope it's in Dallas. I don't want to EVER endure another experience like the one we had here! That was NOT a fun game!! JMO Maybe the Thanksgiving Day game could be like a mid season SB, played at a neutral stadium.
Well then, we have to make it a rivalry to them.

Are you up for meeting with me and some of the gang? We're going to throw eggs at the Cowboys stadium and spray paint HOUSTON RULEZ! on their sidewalks.

That should get their blood boiling. You have to coax them into it! LOL.
Old 04-04-2012   #72
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21345 aussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
How epic would THIS be:

i would love this.

i got a mate who's a cowgirl fan and i would love it if the texans won so i could keep him quite "we're americas team blah blah romo blah blah Super Bowl" NO WE BEAT YOU SUCKER!!!!!

thats how it would go down
aussie_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012   #73
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Well then, we have to make it a rivalry to them.

Are you up for meeting with me and some of the gang? We're going to throw eggs at the Cowboys stadium and spray paint HOUSTON RULEZ! on their sidewalks.

That should get their blood boiling. You have to coax them into it! LOL.
Reminds me of a road trip, back in the day, when we made 19-10 posters and taped them to poles along I-45. Another roadie when we took over their parking lot and showed those "girls" how to PARTY and TAILGATE the Texans way!! FOND memories!! SOOOOOO, YES, I'm up for some fun coaxing!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012   #74
GP 
Go Texans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie_texan View Post
i would love this.

i got a mate who's a cowgirl fan and i would love it if the texans won so i could keep him quite "we're americas team blah blah romo blah blah Super Bowl" NO WE BEAT YOU SUCKER!!!!!

thats how it would go down
Bob and Jerry are businessmen. They should see the inherent value of a Texans-Cowboys Thanksgiving tradition. It's a win-win, even if one team loses...both teams STILL win.

They could easily create a fake rivalry that will end up spilling over into a full-blown REAL rivalry. Even if the Cowboys don't care about us, it takes but a few annual meetings to help make some buzz that could create a rivalry. You want your teams facing off like this to generate fan interest.

I bet the majority of America would love to see Houston and Dallas go to war on Thanksgiving Day. Texas-on-Texas crime sells, IMO.
Old 04-04-2012   #75
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 12117 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected

I would be in favor of a Texans Cowgirls Thanksgiving matchup. The only way for it to really work and become a rivalry is if the teams met up more than once every 4 years. JMO

I feel like the only way that could work is if the NFL expanded to an 18 game schedule. My theory is that the NFL schedule going to 18 games, then the extra two games will be confrence vs confrence match ups. Maybe something like a rotation similar to how the AFC does it now with the common finish. That way the Texans and Cowgirls could potentially play up to 3 years in a row, of course depending on the placement in both teams division.

That is just my take on it.

Keenum is not the QB of the future.
Lurvinator11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012   #76
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 194681 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
I dont understand the crowd who resists a possible Thanksgiving game.

Big boy teams have to play on the big stage. They cant hide in the shadows forever and expect to earn respect.

Also to Dopp, I think this is the one year you can have someone else cook while you enjoy your favorite sports team play a big time game. And if that is not an option, DVR the first half.
Oh yeah... and the Lions have gotten soooooo much "respect" for playing on Thanksgiving all these years...
Riiiiiight.

"Respect" comes when you win in the post-season. Ultimate respect comes from holding up the Lombardi trophy in early Feb, NOT playing in some obscure game on Thanksgiving.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012   #77
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 12117 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected

I tell you what though, It's going to SUCKKK if the Texans lose to the Lions on thanksgiving. The Lions haven't won a thanksgiving matchup since....2003!

That would be THE storyline to talk about if the Texans lost and we would not hear the end of it.

Keenum is not the QB of the future.
Lurvinator11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012   #78
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 194681 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allstar View Post
Last year it was rumored that we would play the Jets on Thanksgiving night on NFL Network. That night slot is for any matchup the league chooses. The early slot this year is for a Lions opponent that plays in Detroit and is in the AFC. That leaves the Texans and the Colts.

It's a virtual lock that the Texans will play on Thanksgiving against the Lions. There is absolutely no way they'd stick the Colts on National TV instead of us, given the choice. Blowouts have terrible ratings.
You're joking, right? A resurgent Lions team featuring Bad Boy Suh up against the #1 overall pick and heir-apparent to Peyton Manning. They can (and will) drone on and on for hours on those stories. The only way the Texans usurp that drama-queen story line is if both teams go into that game undefeated.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012   #79
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Bob and Jerry are businessmen. They should see the inherent value of a Texans-Cowboys Thanksgiving tradition. It's a win-win, even if one team loses...both teams STILL win.

They could easily create a fake rivalry that will end up spilling over into a full-blown REAL rivalry. Even if the Cowboys don't care about us, it takes but a few annual meetings to help make some buzz that could create a rivalry. You want your teams facing off like this to generate fan interest.

I bet the majority of America would love to see Houston and Dallas go to war on Thanksgiving Day. Texas-on-Texas crime sells, IMO.
The only way that would work is if we were in the same division. The NFL isn't college, you don't get to pick opponents. We only play the cowboys every 4 years, and there's no way around that.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012   #80
BIG TORO 
TERADACTYL #23

Section: Bull Pen!
Rep Power: 17946 BIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allstar View Post
The only way that would work is if we were in the same division. The NFL isn't college, you don't get to pick opponents. We only play the cowboys every 4 years, and there's no way around that.
Then why do we play the Raiders every year? Seems like it anyway.

Sig Courtesy of False Start
BIG TORO is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read