Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-03-2012   #41
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans vs lions Thanksgiving (rumor)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurvinator11 View Post
News flash! Texans to play Lions on Thanksgiving....IN LONDON!

LMAO!

And the message board turns into a :VolcanicEruption:
Old 04-03-2012   #42
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 110699 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie Chiles View Post
A Thanksgiving game would be a lot of fun. Does anyone know the date that the complete schedules get released?
I don't know but I did a little google and last year the NFL announced the schedule on April 19th. I don't know if you can base that as a good barometer about this year's announcement, but we'll see.

EDIT: That was funny, Lurvinator.
Old 04-03-2012   #43
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 106068 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG TORO View Post
Sorry Dan but I would love for an excuse to go to London! Im just waiting on the day.
Don't get me wrong, I LOVE London, but it's harder on the players with the 9+ hr. flight time each way in addition to the 6+ hr. time differential. (I'm not even going to go into the blowing my nose and BLACK stuff coming out due to the pollution there!)

The stadium there is a mess as well. I'd worry about injuries.
Old 04-03-2012   #44
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 12117 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
I don't know but I did a little google and last year the NFL announced the schedule on April 19th. I don't know if you can base that as a good barometer about this year's announcement, but we'll see.

EDIT: That was funny, Lurvinator.
Thanks.

In response to your original note, They always like to announce the schedule about a week or 2 before the draft. So the schedule should be out soon.

I think.

Keenum is not the QB of the future.
Lurvinator11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012   #45
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 100421 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

I've heard the schedule release will be the 16th
Old 04-03-2012   #46
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

I dont understand the crowd who resists a possible Thanksgiving game.

Big boy teams have to play on the big stage. They cant hide in the shadows forever and expect to earn respect.

Also to Dopp, I think this is the one year you can have someone else cook while you enjoy your favorite sports team play a big time game. And if that is not an option, DVR the first half.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012   #47
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 209280 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
I dont understand the crowd who resists a possible Thanksgiving game.

Big boy teams have to play on the big stage. They cant hide in the shadows forever and expect to earn respect.

Also to Dopp, I think this is the one year you can have someone else cook while you enjoy your favorite sports team play a big time game. And if that is not an option, DVR the first half.
National recognition is fine, winning games is better. They can win games without national recognition, but with national recognition they don't necessarily win games.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-03-2012   #48
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 113379 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Mods, please merge this with the rumors thread.
Old 04-03-2012   #49
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Section: 118 Row B
Rep Power: 2029 AnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to AnthonyE

Weren't we supposed to get a Thanksgiving game last year? As much as I'd love to be watching my Texans while filling my face with Pumpkin Pie, I'll have to wait and see if this'll happen.
Old 04-03-2012   #50
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Might be a fun road trip! No worries about cooking, cleaning, people talking during the game, family dropins that are COWBOY fans, etc. Think I just might book a trip to Detriot!! If my "boys" can miss Thanksgiving dinner with their family, then so can I. Besides, my kids already know not to mess with me when it comes to our Texans!!

Maybe I'll get lucky and get a COLD weather game out of it!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012   #51
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 53440 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
Might be a fun road trip! No worries about cooking, cleaning, people talking during the game, family dropins that are COWBOY fans, etc. Think I just might book a trip to Detriot!! If my "boys" can miss Thanksgiving dinner with their family, then so can I. Besides, my kids already know not to mess with me when it comes to our Texans!!

Maybe I'll get lucky and get a COLD weather game out of it!!
Getting brave after our trip to Baltimore?

Looks to me like another good excuse to get out of a holiday with the inlaws. I am always up for that.

That was the worse part of the Aggie/Horns breakup for me. No built in excuse for avoiding the inlaws on Turkey day.
Old 04-03-2012   #52
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull View Post

Looks to me like another good excuse to get out of a holiday with the inlaws. I am always up for that.

That was the worse part of the Aggie/Horns breakup for me. No built in excuse for avoiding the inlaws on Turkey day.
Well, maybe this year you will have an excuse! I'm all for another roadie! Let's do it!!
Old 04-03-2012   #53
Texas T
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17309 Texas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
Well, maybe this year you will have an excuse! I'm all for another roadie! Let's do it!!
I wish I could meet up with y'all again...I'm waiting for the schedule 'cause my Birthday is on a Sunday this year!!! I'll be living in Tennessee...hopefully I'll have a job so I can attend where ever it is. I guess I'll just have to wait!
Old 04-03-2012   #54
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 64065 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

It would be pretty damn cool. It would make Thanksgiving interesting at our family get together. My Uncles on my Mother's side...are Cowgirl fans.

They are the kinds that talk mad sh!t when the Girls are good, but get all offensive, and turn into GIANT crybababy puhcees when the Girls suck.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS PUSHED IT
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012   #55
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas T View Post
I wish I could meet up with y'all again...I'm waiting for the schedule 'cause my Birthday is on a Sunday this year!!! I'll be living in Tennessee...hopefully I'll have a job so I can attend where ever it is. I guess I'll just have to wait!
Would love to see ya too!! Maybe a trip to Nashville will be on the roadie agenda also. We'll see after the sch comes out.
Old 04-03-2012   #56
G27RR
WATTch Out!

Rep Power: 2211 G27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppelganger View Post
As amazing as it is, while others enjoy football, nobody else watches it as much as me. My family are not sports fans in the slightest, so trying to watch a game with one of them would not be fun as they would constantly be moving the conversation elsewhere rather than concentrating on the game.
I've got the same problem. Sure, they say, you can watch the game, but then they chatter incessently and loudly about everything BUT the game. Annoying as hell. My boys are getting old enough to be on my side though, so I am shifting things the right way for future generations.

Image courtesy of False Start
G27RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012   #57
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 38282 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Ok, I see.

I suppose you can file a waiver form if that's the case.

Am sorry to hear that your family does not enjoy watching sports as much as you do. You should trade them in for a family that DOES. Let them know you're considering exercising the option part of the clause in your family contract. Play hardball with them. j/k
Yeah, its really funny how that turned out. My dad will watch the last 10 minutes of a sporting event but won't typically watch a whole game. My uncles enjoy playing tennis and golf, but don't care to watch it on TV. Just about everyone will watch the game for about 10 minutes then launch into random conversations or begin moving around absentmindedly in front of the TV to show off baby pictures and the like.

One time I wore a Texans jersey when picking up family members. You should have heard the discussion that entailed as they tried to figure out what sport it was for! You don't even want to know how the conversation went when I tried to explain how much I enjoy watching the NFL draft on the TV!!!

My dad is funny though. He knows when big events happen in Htown sports. When they do he calls me up and asks me for 5 talking points for work the next day!

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012   #58
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 38282 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by G27RR View Post
I've got the same problem. Sure, they say, you can watch the game, but then they chatter incessently and loudly about everything BUT the game. Annoying as hell. My boys are getting old enough to be on my side though, so I am shifting things the right way for future generations.
Exactly. They are nice and sweet enough to let me watch the game and will watch with me, but they just don't enjoy it. So, they will begin talking about everything but the game. Then when I remind them I can't hear the game they will respond with, "hear what, this is TV, you can see it, right?" Of course trying to explain why I would want to hear the announcers goes over their heads!

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012   #59
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 64065 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppelganger View Post
Exactly. They are nice and sweet enough to let me watch the game and will watch with me, but they just don't enjoy it. So, they will begin talking about everything but the game. Then when I remind them I can't hear the game they will respond with, "hear what, this is TV, you can see it, right?" Of course trying to explain why I would want to hear the announcers goes over their heads!
My Uncle is one of those intense, low volume, poker faced guys while watching a game. He's a Marine, so he trys to show no emotion. You can tell it eats him alive when the Texans do bad, lol. When they do good though, he shows joy, he gets all trashed. If they lose he still drinks, but is "serious" drunk.

My Dad is right the opposite, he shows his emotions dammit!

He's a hardcore Texans junkie! Matt Schaub can go from, "they need to get rid of that ol' boy, he aint worth a crap" to, "hell that guy is pretty damn good, they need to hold on to that boy" in one game.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS PUSHED IT
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012   #60
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 45929 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Start View Post
My Uncle is one of those intense, low volume, poker faced guys while watching a game. He's a Marine, so he trys to show no emotion. You can tell it eats him alive when the Texans do bad, lol. When they do good though, he shows joy, he gets all trashed. If they lose he still drinks, but is "serious" drunk.

My Dad is right the opposite, he shows his emotions dammit!

He's a hardcore Texans junkie! Matt Schaub can go from,
Quote:
"they need to get rid of that ol' boy, (insert players name) he aint worth a crap" to, "hell that guy is pretty damn good, they need to hold on to that boy" in one game.

Thunderkyss is your dad?

j/k (both of you)

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read