Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-03-2012   #21
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39734 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans vs lions Thanksgiving (rumor)

Count me in as one of the guys who doesn't want a Thanksgiving game.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012   #22
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 93649 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppelganger View Post
I hope not. The family and I like to enjoy our Tgiving meal around 12 or 1230. An 11 or so kickoff means I will be working in the kitchen and then eating. So, I won't get to see the game.
Consider yourself nominated for Family Man Of The Board . If they play on Thanksgiving and I'm expected to be in the kitchen during that time to cook they all get the keys to the car, $100 if that's what it takes, and my sincere best wishes they find a good place to eat that's open.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
Count me in as one of the guys who doesn't want a Thanksgiving game.
Yeah, I'm with you and the others here that don't want this. Many reasons, most of which were posted above. I would rather a stress-free day on Thanksgiving (see above response)...lol.

EDIT: I forgot to comment on one of the statements in the article....

Quote:
The Texas team that's often forgotten has captured America's attention in defeat like it never has in victory.
I just can't wrap my brain around that one. I get that Baltimore ended our season in front of God and everybody by beating the Texans in the Divisional round of the playoffs. However, the attention garnered by the Texans came from victory, or should I say victories this last year. That sentence makes it sound like we got the attention based on that last game.

I'm picking a nit and it's no big deal of course, but I consider 2011-12 a success and that is the source of said attention.
Old 04-03-2012   #23
Premier
All Pro

Rep Power: 8248 Premier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old School View Post
Sorry, but the first time he tries that crap Cush will rip his head off.
Suh is a big, big, boy. im all for the cush love but i would have to seriously consider the size of suh before i make a statement like that.. suh has about 50 pounds on cushing.. just saying..
Old 04-03-2012   #24
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7857 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
This information has been floating since the beginning of the year.
Quote:
The Texas team that's often forgotten has captured America's attention in defeat like it never has in victory.
A back handed compliment if I ever read one!

Quote:
As CultureMap detailed on Monday, the Texans' national profile is undergoing a huge upswing as a result of that 20-13 loss to the Baltimore Ravens in the second round of the playoffs. The Texas team that's often forgotten has captured America's attention in defeat like it never has in victory.
And one more time for good measure!
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012   #25
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 36493 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old School View Post
Sorry, but the first time he tries that crap Cush will rip his head off.
Suh better be more worried about AJ since AJ will be on the field when Suh is. We should all post videos of AJ beating the F out of 'Innegan during the week before the game.
Old 04-03-2012   #26
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50776 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I hope not. The family and I like to enjoy our Tgiving meal around 12 or 1230. An 11 or so kickoff means I will be working in the kitchen and then eating. So, I won't get to see the game.
Dude. I didn't want to do this, but you cannot state such things on a football message board and expect no consequences.

You won't get to watch a football game? The ONE time in 11 years that your team is playing the Thanksgiving game...and you're banished to the kitchen?

News flash: You can make practically everything but the turkey a day prior to Thanksgiving day...and either refrigerate or freeze it. Then all you have to do on the big day is cook the turkey and pull out all the side dishes....eat, and watch the game. Assert your manhood.

Old 04-03-2012   #27
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50776 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

I must say that I am surprised at how many people would not want to see the Texans play a Thanksgiving day game...especially the BIG one at noon.

1. We always say we want more national attention. Do you not realize that the noon game is THE biggest game other than the Super Bowl? Everybody is watching it. EVERYBODY.

2. The argument about having three days' rest: Yeah, well...our opponent will also have been on the same three days rest too. No advantage or disadvantage there.

3. Thanksgiving day NFL games are usually crappy. Boring. I mean, the Lions and the Dolphins is not exactly prime football watching on a Thursday at noon. But with the Texans, it becomes infinitely more awesome for obvious reasons.

Go Texans! Except on Thanksgiving....???
Old 04-03-2012   #28
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 75757 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
I'm totally with you on this. Let some other team play after three days rest. I can tolerate the occasional Monday Night Football game because it's only one day diff. But Thursday games were and are a bad idea. The only thing worse is going to London to play. Stupid.
They've upped the Thursday night games to 13 this year. Weeks 2-15, skipping week 12. Odds are, we'll have one anyway.

But I'd rather not have it be on Thanksgiving either.
Old 04-03-2012   #29
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 156181 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Count me in with the crowd that doesn't like Thursday or Monday games, no matter the holiday. If they are going to play on any day other than Sunday, it should be Saturday, not Monday or Thursday.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012   #30
BIG TORO 
TERADACTYL #23

Section: Bull Pen!
Rep Power: 17946 BIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respected

Well I'm in the minority here. I want the game on Thankgiving! I guess it's because our family gets together at night for dinner, and the men in our family don't do any of the cooking that day. So I see alot of benefits such as already being off making get togethers easier and not having to work the next day. I just think it would make the whole day more intresting for Texan fans.

Sig Courtesy of False Start
BIG TORO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012   #31
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd love a thanksgiving game....

Great food + The Texans = Happy Rey
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012   #32
drunkcookie
2 drunk 2 cook

Rep Power: 4923 drunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
How have we done in prime time games? This concerns me...
About the same we've done in games period, whether it's Sunday at Noon or Sunday at 3'o...

Don't be silly...

...and Hell is coming with them!
drunkcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012   #33
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 78404 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
I must say that I am surprised at how many people would not want to see the Texans play a Thanksgiving day game...especially the BIG one at noon.

1. We always say we want more national attention. Do you not realize that the noon game is THE biggest game other than the Super Bowl? Everybody is watching it. EVERYBODY. This is where I'm at, days off be damned.

2. The argument about having three days' rest: Yeah, well...our opponent will also have been on the same three days rest too. No advantage or disadvantage there. Only if they aren't on a bye...it's happened before.

3. Thanksgiving day NFL games are usually crappy. Boring. I mean, the Lions and the Dolphins is not exactly prime football watching on a Thursday at noon. But with the Texans, it becomes infinitely more awesome for obvious reasons. Agreed, I'd love a good showdown.

Go Texans! Except on Thanksgiving....???
As long as they aren't having to fly their butts to London.
Old 04-03-2012   #34
BIG TORO 
TERADACTYL #23

Section: Bull Pen!
Rep Power: 17946 BIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
As long as they aren't having to fly their butts to London.
Sorry Dan but I would love for an excuse to go to London! Im just waiting on the day.

Sig Courtesy of False Start
BIG TORO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012   #35
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 35195 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Dude. I didn't want to do this, but you cannot state such things on a football message board and expect no consequences.

You won't get to watch a football game? The ONE time in 11 years that your team is playing the Thanksgiving game...and you're banished to the kitchen?

News flash: You can make practically everything but the turkey a day prior to Thanksgiving day...and either refrigerate or freeze it. Then all you have to do on the big day is cook the turkey and pull out all the side dishes....eat, and watch the game. Assert your manhood.

Here is the thing. My family is spread out across the country and Thanksgiving is the one holiday when everyone gets together and spends time together. So, I will be spending my morning at the airport or grocery store picking up extra food for people we didn't expect to show.

As amazing as it is, while others enjoy football, nobody else watches it as much as me. My family are not sports fans in the slightest, so trying to watch a game with one of them would not be fun as they would constantly be moving the conversation elsewhere rather than concentrating on the game.

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012   #36
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4547 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Or DVR the game...?
Old 04-03-2012   #37
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 53440 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, since the Aggies aren't playing on Thanksgiving, I seem to have some free time for a football game.

Works for me.
Old 04-03-2012   #38
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7394 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected

A Thanksgiving game would be a lot of fun. Does anyone know the date that the complete schedules get released?
Old 04-03-2012   #39
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 10357 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
But Thursday games were and are a bad idea. The only thing worse is going to London to play. Stupid.
News flash! Texans to play Lions on Thanksgiving....IN LONDON!

Keenum is not the QB of the future.
Lurvinator11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012   #40
GP 
Go Texans!

Quote:
Here is the thing. My family is spread out across the country and Thanksgiving is the one holiday when everyone gets together and spends time together. So, I will be spending my morning at the airport or grocery store picking up extra food for people we didn't expect to show.

As amazing as it is, while others enjoy football, nobody else watches it as much as me. My family are not sports fans in the slightest, so trying to watch a game with one of them would not be fun as they would constantly be moving the conversation elsewhere rather than concentrating on the game.
Ok, I see.

I suppose you can file a waiver form if that's the case.

Am sorry to hear that your family does not enjoy watching sports as much as you do. You should trade them in for a family that DOES. Let them know you're considering exercising the option part of the clause in your family contract. Play hardball with them. j/k

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read