Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-02-2012   #1
BIG TORO 
TERADACTYL #23

Section: Bull Pen!
Rep Power: 17946 BIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texans vs lions Thanksgiving (rumor)

I heard from a friend of mine who usually has good sources that we were playing the lions on thanksgiving. Just wondering if anyone else has heard this.

Sig Courtesy of False Start
BIG TORO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012   #2
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 44018 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans vs lions Thanksgiving (rumor)

no but that would be amazing, i get tired of seeing the same ole sucky teams on thanksgiving. it got to the point to where i didnt even watch the thanksgiving games anymore.
Old 04-02-2012   #3
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 11679 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Apparently it's us or one or the other teams in our division that it's down to. I don't see how they could pick any other team over us unless they have a hard-on for Luck which is possible.
Old 04-02-2012   #4
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3006 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

It can only be us or the Colts.
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012   #5
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 57173 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTP2110 View Post
It can only be us or the Colts.
Get your ready for some horse shoes!

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012   #6
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 131093 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

This information has been floating since the beginning of the year.

Quote:
Houston Texans to get Thanksgiving game? Arian Foster & Co. in line for showcase spotBy Chris Baldwin
01.18.12 | 02:47 pm

Move over turkey. H-Town's next Thanksgiving could include sitting down to watch the Houston Texans in a national TV showcase.

A source in Detroit tells CultureMap that the Texans are "the clear favorite" to be the AFC opponent in the Detroit Lions' annual Thanksgiving Day game in Motown.

The official 2012 NFL schedule will not be released for months, but the Texans already know which teams they'll be playing and where (just not any times or dates). Detroit is one of the Texans' eight road opponents for next season.

The Texas team that's often forgotten has captured America's attention in defeat like it never has in victory.

CBS, which holds the AFC rights, is set to broadcast the Lions' Thanksgiving Day game Nov. 22. That means Detroit must play an AFC team. Which means Jim Nantz — the Houston-raised No. 1 voice of CBS — could finally get to broadcast a Texans game for sure.

Of course, Nantz could be doing more Texans games than just a Thanksgiving matchup.

As CultureMap detailed on Monday, the Texans' national profile is undergoing a huge upswing as a result of that 20-13 loss to the Baltimore Ravens in the second round of the playoffs. The Texas team that's often forgotten has captured America's attention in defeat like it never has in victory.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012   #7
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 85740 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

How have we done in prime time games? This concerns me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-02-2012   #8
BullBlitz
Section 331

Rep Power: 5859 BullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respected

I have no desire for a Thanksgiving game, or any Thursday game. We don't need the national exposure and it throws off the rhythm of the work week for the players. I don't even like Monday night games.
BullBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012   #9
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 79376 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG TORO View Post
I heard from a friend of mine who usually has good sources that we were playing the lions on thanksgiving. Just wondering if anyone else has heard this.
NOPE!! Haven't heard a thing...... That said Danny, if it's here, bring the "breakfast tacos" irrespective of the time of the game... Bring it, Bring it.... Bring it!!!!!!!
Old 04-02-2012   #10
BIG TORO 
TERADACTYL #23

Section: Bull Pen!
Rep Power: 17946 BIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
NOPE!! Haven't heard a thing...... That said Danny, if it's here, bring the "breakfast tacos" irrespective of the time of the game... Bring it, Bring it.... Bring it!!!!!!!
If its us it will be away. Which means "NO BREAKfAST TACOS FOR YOU."

Sig Courtesy of False Start
BIG TORO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012   #11
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

i really dont wanna play @DET on a prime time game the lions scare me i hope we play them sometime else LOL
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012   #12
Fili
All Pro

Rep Power: 3890 Fili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respected

Let's hope Suh doesn't Myers.
Old 04-02-2012   #13
Old School
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 875 Old School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Old School Send a message via Skype™ to Old School

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fili View Post
Let's hope Suh doesn't Myers.
Sorry, but the first time he tries that crap Cush will rip his head off.
Old School is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012   #14
gwallaia

Rep Power: 51052 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

I would rather not play on Thanksgiving. I will not be able to enjoy my dinner worrying about the game.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012   #15
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 16898 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post
I would rather not play on Thanksgiving. I will not be able to enjoy my dinner worrying about the game.
I believe the game starts at 11:30 AM
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012   #16
MistaRed
Veteran

Rep Power: 6636 MistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah we've been discussing this for awhile. 2 young, exciting teams trying to establish themselves as legit contenders.
MistaRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012   #17
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 35195 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected

I hope not. The family and I like to enjoy our Tgiving meal around 12 or 1230. An 11 or so kickoff means I will be working in the kitchen and then eating. So, I won't get to see the game.

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012   #18
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 36493 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppelganger View Post
I hope not. The family and I like to enjoy our Tgiving meal around 12 or 1230. An 11 or so kickoff means I will be working in the kitchen and then eating. So, I won't get to see the game.
It will just mean I get to camp out on the couch for a night or two til the wife isn't so mad at me anymore.
She still hasn't figured out that I don't mind sleeping on the couch.
Old 04-02-2012   #19
mattieuk
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 18345 mattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respected

AJ vs CJ?

Sounds more like a Christmas present to me.
Old 04-03-2012   #20
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 113586 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullBlitz View Post
I have no desire for a Thanksgiving game, or any Thursday game. We don't need the national exposure and it throws off the rhythm of the work week for the players. I don't even like Monday night games.
I'm totally with you on this. Let some other team play after three days rest. I can tolerate the occasional Monday Night Football game because it's only one day diff. But Thursday games were and are a bad idea. The only thing worse is going to London to play. Stupid.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read