Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-03-2012   #141
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Nike: Outfitters for the NFL and your Houston Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Premier View Post
had the texans gone with the flywire collar, this is how the jerseys would have looked..

the collar is starting to grow on me, it stands out more.. we are the only team with the solid collar with the secondary color.. the packers & pats have a striped collar... every other team has the collar cut with the flywire...
To me it does look like they went with the flywire collar. Look at the width of the collar compared to the other teams that have the flywire..It's the same except our is red...

Seems to me that would be part of the reason for the fattening of that part...

I don't understand why the flywire part can be every color except red?

Why would it have had to have been blue?

The Broncos is orange...The Vikings is purple...

They can't make ours red?

Our Jerseys are cut the same way as the other teams with the flywire collar...You can even see where the seem is...It's in the exact same place...Only difference is ours is red all the way around...

If the other teams had the same color all the way around they'd have the fat collar look like us.

The jerseys are cut the same as the other teams with the new designs...

Seems like the only difference is our collar is colored all the way around.

Last edited by Rey; 04-03-2012 at 05:44 PM.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012   #142
majestrate
Veteran

Section: 308 17/18
Rep Power: 5020 majestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respected

Nike specifically notes that the Texans uniform does not include Nike's flywire technology in the neckline.
majestrate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012   #143
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestrate View Post
Nike specifically notes that the Texans uniform does not include Nike's flywire technology in the neckline.
I know that...

I'm just saying that I don't see why they couldn't have still had it and made the collar red...

If you look at the Pats their collar isn't even cut the same as the other teams...
Old 04-03-2012   #144
majestrate
Veteran

Section: 308 17/18
Rep Power: 5020 majestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respected

Oh, I thought you were saying that maybe someone asked Nike to make the flywire red, and that's why the collar looks as wide as those that do have it

I think I need to lay off the forums for the next day or two, until my ability to comprehend written word has returned
majestrate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012   #145
Rey
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestrate View Post
Oh, I thought you were saying that maybe someone asked Nike to make the flywire red, and that's why the collar looks as wide as those that do have it

I think I need to lay off the forums for the next day or two, until my ability to comprehend written word has returned
Nah....I didn't really word it all that well...

Basically I guess I'm asking why couldn't the Texans have gone with flywire AND kept the red collar? Does it have to have that break in it?
Old 04-03-2012   #146
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 12478 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

http://nikeinc.com/nike-football/new...s#/inline/9269

With a nice interactive what's new functionality.

In response to the new Vance Joseph Hiring:
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012   #147
Premier
All Pro

Rep Power: 8248 Premier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Nah....I didn't really word it all that well...

Basically I guess I'm asking why couldn't the Texans have gone with flywire AND kept the red collar? Does it have to have that break in it?
yes it does, because the part of the collar that is the flywire is one solid piece of material that extends to where the numbers are sewn on.., a new material is used for the collar part around the neck..

so the texans chose to not use the flywire in order to keep the solid secondary color around the entire collar.. the steelers, chiefs, patriots, and texans. are the only teams that use the new elite 51 uniforms without the flywire, but the steelers and chiefs collar is their primary color. while the patriots have a striped collar making the texans the only team with the elite 51 unis and a solid secondary colored collar..

Last edited by Premier; 04-03-2012 at 08:22 PM.
Premier is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-03-2012   #148
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 67576 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Question is have they Cush Proof the material?

Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012   #149
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 54416 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

It looks like they have a cape on.
Old 04-03-2012   #150
le14
Rookie

Rep Power: 17 le14 is a Hall of Famerle14 is a Hall of Famerle14 is a Hall of Famerle14 is a Hall of Famerle14 is a Hall of Famerle14 is a Hall of Famerle14 is a Hall of Famerle14 is a Hall of Famerle14 is a Hall of Famerle14 is a Hall of Famer

As other's have stated, I like our Uniforms, just the overall classic simplistic scheme of it and the colors. Steel Blue, White, and Battle Red nothing to flashy and over the top. I don't know about a purchase soon, since Nike and the NFL have stated no to little changes for the first year or two but after that, I'm sure Nike will want to tweek some stuff for most if not all the teams. I do like the Seahawks uniforms, but it seems like it would get old after a while.

But for now, the tee shirts will do, love them so far.
le14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012   #151
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39734 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

How thick does that collar have to be? Disgusting.

Last edited by TheMatrix31; 04-04-2012 at 07:01 AM.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012   #152
Kthx
All Pro

Section: Bar Table
Rep Power: 8621 Kthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respected

I am assuming that a lot of the cosmetic changes are also to make it easier for refs to spot some of these new penalties the NFL is imposing.
Kthx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012   #153
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7857 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

As long as we are poppin collars in the endzone, I'm cool with it.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012   #154
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29597 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

EIGHT pages so far of FASHION analysis by primarily the GUYS of TexansTalk!! You guys make my day!!

LOVE ya all!!
Gma
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012   #155
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 33104 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
EIGHT pages so far of FASHION analysis by primarily the GUYS of TexansTalk!! You guys make my day!!

LOVE ya all!!
Gma
Devil wears Prada...

Texans wear Nike...

It's all good!

I am glad Nike took over. Never have liked Reebok apparel.

Ohhh, uh oh, it's FitzMagic....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012   #156
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61321 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullNation4Life View Post
Devil wears Prada...

Texans wear Nike...

It's all good!

I am glad Nike took over. Never have liked Reebok apparel.
Yup. Hate the Reebok stuff. I am glad Nike took over but I have to be honest... I'm not too crazy about the collar. Reebok did good with the jerseys. I just dislike all their other products including shoes and tshirts.
NitroGSXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012   #157
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 49619 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post

LOVE ya all!!
Gma

We just want our team looking good while winning the

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS BARATHEON PUSHED IT!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012   #158
_Dre
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 _Dre is a quality contributor and well respected_Dre is a quality contributor and well respected_Dre is a quality contributor and well respected_Dre is a quality contributor and well respected_Dre is a quality contributor and well respected_Dre is a quality contributor and well respected_Dre is a quality contributor and well respected_Dre is a quality contributor and well respected_Dre is a quality contributor and well respected_Dre is a quality contributor and well respected_Dre is a quality contributor and well respected

Can't wait to see the Battle Red uniforms..
_Dre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012   #159
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 109004 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

man, don't like that giant ugly collar and those larger shoulder stripes. Who designed that crap? Leslie Alexander? That's hideous.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012   #160
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 57173 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
man, don't like that giant ugly collar and those larger shoulder stripes. Who designed that crap? Leslie Alexander? That's hideous.

My exact thought. Couldn't have said it better. I like the old unis much, much more. But then has been pointed out prior I fall into the old fart traditionalist category.

Oh well...

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read