Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-03-2012   #121
Premier
All Pro

Rep Power: 10262 Premier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Nike: Outfitters for the NFL and your Houston Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naiirb View Post
Andre close up

had the texans gone with the flywire collar, this is how the jerseys would have looked..

the collar is starting to grow on me, it stands out more.. we are the only team with the solid collar with the secondary color.. the packers & pats have a striped collar... every other team has the collar cut with the flywire...
Old 04-03-2012   #122
Premier
All Pro

Rep Power: 10262 Premier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatcheese View Post
Ugh, the amount of chest hair we're going to see poking up out of that V-neck on Texans fans is going to be ugly. UGLY!
a couple of things...

1) the retail jerseys will not have the same cut, they will have a more generic football jersey cut.. almost shirt like..

2) do you not wear undershirts with your team jerseys..?
Old 04-03-2012   #123
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 64918 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naiirb View Post
Andre close up

Man... he don't look right without his C patch.
NitroGSXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012   #124
majestrate
All Pro

Rep Power: 9001 majestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Premier View Post
had the texans gone with the flywire collar, this is how the jerseys would have looked..

the collar is starting to crow on me, it stands out more.. we are the only team with the solid collar with the secondary color.. the packers & pats have a striped collar... every other team has the collar cut with the flywire...
I like the flywire collar, have since first seeing it today. But I think it would be a lot better if we could get steel blue and battle red to alternate with the flywire collar (battle red on the raised "stripes", steel blue on the lowered ones)

Also, note that not all the teams have switched to the new design. The Raiders are sticking with Reebok, at least for this year. There are a few more teams, I believe, that are doing the same.
majestrate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012   #125
macho grande
Veteran

Section: thin air up here
Rep Power: 2875 macho grande is a quality contributor and well respectedmacho grande is a quality contributor and well respectedmacho grande is a quality contributor and well respectedmacho grande is a quality contributor and well respectedmacho grande is a quality contributor and well respectedmacho grande is a quality contributor and well respectedmacho grande is a quality contributor and well respectedmacho grande is a quality contributor and well respectedmacho grande is a quality contributor and well respectedmacho grande is a quality contributor and well respectedmacho grande is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Lmao. My thoughts also.
macho grande is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012   #126
Premier
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestrate View Post
The Raiders are sticking with Reebok, at least for this year. There are a few more teams, I believe, that are doing the same.
theyre definitely not staying with reebok, they've rejected the "elite 51" designs, but nike is still making their uniforms...

Old 04-03-2012   #127
majestrate
All Pro

Rep Power: 9001 majestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respected

Edit:
Nevermind, I failed reading comprehension. Removed quote and link

Thanks for the correction!

Why can't we delete posts if no one has posted after us?
majestrate is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-03-2012   #128
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 20123 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

I didn't initially like the Texans jersey, but it doesn't look bad in comparison (still like Denver and Seattle's better from this group):
Old 04-03-2012   #129
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 103999 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Why is Dikembe modeling our jerseys?

http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/?l=shop,houston_texans

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012   #130
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 57076 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
I think their area of the country is so progressive and artsy/creative that the fan base doesn't care. In fact, the fans probably love it. It's COOL! It's like the spring line of clothing that comes out onto the runway every year..."What are the Seahawks doing this year? Oh my! I love it! It's bold, it's lime, it's almost like an acid trip!"
You sure hit that nail on the head. At a grocery store in Seattle there's a rack full of various neon green Seahawks gear. It's painful to look at even for a colorblind person. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012   #131
welsh texan
Lest we forget

Rep Power: 22601 welsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
It was innovative, for sure, but it was perhaps THE only thing Coca-Cola has done that was avant-garde.
That and creating Santa Clause

I've got to say, on reflection, I like the new Texans gear a lot, it looks like its fitted a lot better than the Reebok stuff.

Can I just ask, with all this stuff about the different levels of jersey you can get, all the ones I've got have the holes punched through a printed number, yet when I see the players wearing them, the numbers look solid and sewn on. Can anyone advise what jersey I need to buy to get this? All the stuff I get is official stuff, but I've found the numbers begin to wear off within a year (the only guy repping the Texans round Llandudno lol).
We will remember them.
welsh texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012   #132
BIG TORO 
TERADACTYL #23

Section: Bull Pen!
Rep Power: 17947 BIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by welsh texan View Post
That and creating Santa Clause

I've got to say, on reflection, I like the new Texans gear a lot, it looks like its fitted a lot better than the Reebok stuff.

Can I just ask, with all this stuff about the different levels of jersey you can get, all the ones I've got have the holes punched through a printed number, yet when I see the players wearing them, the numbers look solid and sewn on. Can anyone advise what jersey I need to buy to get this? All the stuff I get is official stuff, but I've found the numbers begin to wear off within a year (the only guy repping the Texans round Llandudno lol).
In the early pictures I thought that the uniforms as a whole fitted funny, but there growing on me and I think the Texans Uni is one of the best looking ones if not the best.

The Replica have the holes through the numbers. The premier and authentic have the numbers sewn on. Although I don't know if those names translate to Nike.

Sig Courtesy of False Start
BIG TORO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012   #133
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 118532 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
a couple of things...

1) the retail jerseys will not have the same cut, they will have a more generic football jersey cut.. almost shirt like..

1) That's good to hear.
2) I do, but I've seen an unfortunate number of dudes who don't.

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012   #134
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 109012 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I hope we never change. If you change, it means you are doing nothing more than diverting from a long-term strategy of building your brand identity.

30 years from now, the Texans logo and jersey design should still be the same and something people associate with the Texans when they see it. The Packers, the Cowboys, the Giants, and most recently the Jets (who have gone back to their old Jet logo) have all understood that you stick with a logo and a look...you farm it for all it's worth. Switching it up every five years (like the Seahawks do) affirms that they are more concerned with their image, trying to be relevant, when they should be concerned with winning instead.

An owner makes fans mad, too, when they have 12 different looking jerseys and are always having the fans buy the newest design. Seems cool when you're a young fan...as you get older, you realize you just want everything to look the same. I know I do, at least. The broad red collar is as funky as McNair wanted to get, obviously. He's not the poster child for radical change, either, so you'll be waiting a long time for a re-design of our stuff.

My thoughts exactly.

I want the Texans to be like the Packers, Steelers, Bears etc. You KNOW right away who it is when you see them. A tweak here and there maybe, but no drastic overhauls.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012   #135
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21345 aussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

any news about the away and alternate jerseys
aussie_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012   #136
Naiirb
All Pro

Rep Power: 2725 Naiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie_texan View Post
any news about the away and alternate jerseys
Quote from this article http://espn.go.com/espn/page2/story/...t-nfl-uniforms

Quote:
There's one big caveat, however: No alternate jerseys were shown Tuesday. Word through the grapevine is that several of them are in the works, including one for the Redskins. No word yet on when we'll see these (maybe at the draft?), but it might be that Nike and the NFL have decided to stick with conventional primary uniforms and push the envelope with the alternates.
Maybe we'll get something cool for the battle red jerseys
Naiirb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012   #137
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 274452 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topher View Post
I must admit this one is pretty cool. I mean it pretty much screams "Battle Red"
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012   #138
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 109012 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Now that I've had time to look at them all day, I like them. The solid secondary colored collar really does make them unique. The slight change, is cool.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012   #139
Premier
All Pro

looks like the panthers managed to have a solid color collar that isnt massive as the texans.. they are one of the teams who turned down the "elite 51" uniforms..

http://www.flickr.com/photos/6551670...n/photostream/

the eagles as well...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/65516705@N00/7042412445/
Old 04-03-2012   #140
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 274452 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleRedRock View Post
I actually like the new uniforms considering the fact that they are customized to each individual on the team.. from what ive heard, Jacoby jones gloves and jersey are equipped with a sticky like adhesive so that he can catch the ball and not drop it. Matt schaubs new uniform is designed with a light metal alloy that is strong and durable so his shell like body can take a hit without getting hurt every five minutes.. so all in all, i think we're gonna be okay...
Now see... you know you ain't right.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read