Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Tickets, Memorabilia and Gear
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04-02-2012   #1
Lil Red
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Lil Red is a quality contributor and well respectedLil Red is a quality contributor and well respectedLil Red is a quality contributor and well respectedLil Red is a quality contributor and well respectedLil Red is a quality contributor and well respectedLil Red is a quality contributor and well respectedLil Red is a quality contributor and well respectedLil Red is a quality contributor and well respectedLil Red is a quality contributor and well respectedLil Red is a quality contributor and well respectedLil Red is a quality contributor and well respected
Smile Looking for donations for silent auction package

Hi everyone! For those of you who don't know me, I'm Yankee_in_TX's wife. I'm on the Young Friends Board for CanCare, a local nonprofit that supports cancer patients and their families. I am putting together a Texans silent auction package for our upcoming crawfish boil. Does anyone have anything they would like to donate? I'd love to have an autographed item or two, a couple tickets (preseason is okay!), etc.

CanCare is a local nonprofit that matches cancer patients and their families with volunteers who have gone through a similar type of cancer/treatment. It really helps give people peace of mind when they can talk to someone who has gone through the same thing! Another former cheerleader, Sonya, and I are both on the board. It's a great organization. Check out the website: www.cancare.org

Even if you don't have something to donate, we'd love to have you all come out to our crawfish boil! It's on April 28th at Blanco's on West Alabama. It's always a great time and our biggest fundraiser of the year. Plus, ALL YOU CAN EAT CRAWFISH AND ALL YOU CAN DRINK BEER FOR $25 in advance, $30 at the door. There are sponsorship opportunities, too, if your business wants to get involved. Go to http://www.cancare.org/register-crawfish-boil.asp for details. (If you just want to buy individual tickets, scroll down past all the sponsorship levels and you'll see "Individual Tickets: Select Qty".)

Thanks and GO TEXANS!!!

Lindsay
Lil Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012   #2
Drew_Smoke
@Drew_Smoke

Section: 117 FF
Rep Power: 611 Drew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Looking for donations for silent auction package

I'm in....let me dig around and see what I have in my Texans goodie stash. And if I am not cooking on that date I may come see y'all.

You had me at "crawfish." lol
Drew_Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012   #3
Drew_Smoke
@Drew_Smoke

Rep Power: 611 Drew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respected

I just looked at your site and will do a Silver sponsorship, too. If you will write me and send me an address I will cut you a check.

Sales@TexasGreenDreams.com is the biz that supports my bbq habit.

I bought an XL #23 jersey the other day. It's stitched but is a knockoff I am sure. You can have that if it works for you.

And I can throw in some bbq rub, too. Kinda make it a "tailgate" thing if you think it will help.

Thanks

P.S. I HATE CANCER!!!
Old 04-04-2012   #4
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Looking for donations for silent auction package

Like Lindsay said, even if folks can't help sponsor, it is a SUPER fun event! I think Ted and Kathryn joined us a few years ago....

Live music, and all you can eat and drink....
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012   #5
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 53440 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Sounds like fun and for a good cause. I will see if I can get Ted and Kat there.

What kind of things do you want for the basket? I am sure we can find something to donate.
Old 04-04-2012   #6
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 79376 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't really have anything to donate, but I'll be there Saturday the 28th!
Old 04-04-2012   #7
HouSportsWriter
SIAB

Rep Power: 5981 HouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respected

I am willing to donate my auth demeco ryans signed mini helmet comes with tristar verifcation.

:]
HouSportsWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-04-2012   #8
HouSportsWriter
SIAB

Rep Power: 5981 HouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HouSportsWriter View Post
I am willing to donate my auth demeco ryans signed mini helmet comes with tristar verifcation.

:]
p.s. i will most likely not be able to go because to young to drink + i do not like crawfish lol.

but send a pm to where i can send it =]
HouSportsWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012   #9
Drew_Smoke
@Drew_Smoke

Maybe Andy & Amy can find a sitter??? How about you, Toro?

I am gonna ask some of my friends so I may buy some extra tix from y'all..
Old 04-04-2012   #10
majestrate
Veteran

Section: 308 17/18
Rep Power: 5020 majestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respected

If we donate tickets to a game, how is that going to be handled since they haven't been sent out yet?
majestrate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012   #11
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 79376 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew_Smoke View Post

Old 04-04-2012   #12
BullBlitz
Section 331

Rep Power: 5859 BullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respected

I have an NFL-regulation helmet signed by Brian Cushing. It was given to me as a gift, and frankly I couldn't care less about it.
BullBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012   #13
Lil Red
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Lil Red is a quality contributor and well respectedLil Red is a quality contributor and well respectedLil Red is a quality contributor and well respectedLil Red is a quality contributor and well respectedLil Red is a quality contributor and well respectedLil Red is a quality contributor and well respectedLil Red is a quality contributor and well respectedLil Red is a quality contributor and well respectedLil Red is a quality contributor and well respectedLil Red is a quality contributor and well respectedLil Red is a quality contributor and well respected

You guys are amazing, thank you so much!! All of the items that have been offered sound awesome and will be great additions to the package!

As far as tickets go, if someone would like to donate them, I will coordinate with the winner and you to get everything taken care of once the tickets arrive. It'll be on the honor system, but I trust you guys.

For those of you donating items, I'll pm you to work out the details.

Can't wait to see everyone on the 28th!
Lil Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012   #14
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Old 04-05-2012   #15
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Red View Post
You guys are amazing, thank you so much!! All of the items that have been offered sound awesome and will be great additions to the package!

As far as tickets go, if someone would like to donate them, I will coordinate with the winner and you to get everything taken care of once the tickets arrive. It'll be on the honor system, but I trust you guys.

For those of you donating items, I'll pm you to work out the details.

Can't wait to see everyone on the 28th!
I lied.. I have an actual helmet signed by HSNBN that I won in a silent auction at the Intercontinental Hotel for an NFL Quarterbacks Club where they introduced Warren Moon into the club, and this was even before Carr was officially drafted BUT the Texans had already declared that they were going to pick him #1.....

I've held onto it because I thought I would get many other Texans sigs to cover up that $850.00 embarrassment, but alas.... I got nothing.
Old 04-07-2012   #16
texanmojo
Shotgun 30 Time

Section: The Nosebleeds
Rep Power: 3018 texanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
I lied.. I have an actual helmet signed by HSNBN that I won in a silent auction at the Intercontinental Hotel for an NFL Quarterbacks Club where they introduced Warren Moon into the club, and this was even before Carr was officially drafted BUT the Texans had already declared that they were going to pick him #1.....

I've held onto it because I thought I would get many other Texans sigs to cover up that $850.00 embarrassment, but alas.... I got nothing.
850 bucks? Yeah...you are right. That IS an embarrassment.
texanmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012   #17
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Looking for donations for silent auction package

Just got this:

We are running a special for 50% off tickets for the Young Friends of CanCare Crawfish Boil now until Friday. Simply click on the link below, scroll down, enter the amout of tickets you would like to purchase and enter the coupon code (YFCC50) in the notes section of the form. When your card is processed you will rcieve the 50% off discount. Please feel free to spread the word! See you on the 28th!

https://www4980.ssldomain.com/cancar...wfish-boil.asp
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012   #18
BIG TORO 
TERADACTYL #23

Section: Bull Pen!
Rep Power: 17946 BIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew_Smoke View Post

More than Likely I will be able to make it.

Sig Courtesy of False Start
BIG TORO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012   #19
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 53440 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Any age requirements? Sean and his gf would like to come with us, they are 18.
Old 04-13-2012   #20
Bull Pen 1
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1620 Bull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Red View Post
Hi everyone! For those of you who don't know me, I'm Yankee_in_TX's wife. I'm on the Young Friends Board for CanCare, a local nonprofit that supports cancer patients and their families. I am putting together a Texans silent auction package for our upcoming crawfish boil. Does anyone have anything they would like to donate? I'd love to have an autographed item or two, a couple tickets (preseason is okay!), etc.

CanCare is a local nonprofit that matches cancer patients and their families with volunteers who have gone through a similar type of cancer/treatment. It really helps give people peace of mind when they can talk to someone who has gone through the same thing! Another former cheerleader, Sonya, and I are both on the board. It's a great organization. Check out the website: www.cancare.org

Even if you don't have something to donate, we'd love to have you all come out to our crawfish boil! It's on April 28th at Blanco's on West Alabama. It's always a great time and our biggest fundraiser of the year. Plus, ALL YOU CAN EAT CRAWFISH AND ALL YOU CAN DRINK BEER FOR $25 in advance, $30 at the door. There are sponsorship opportunities, too, if your business wants to get involved. Go to http://www.cancare.org/register-crawfish-boil.asp for details. (If you just want to buy individual tickets, scroll down past all the sponsorship levels and you'll see "Individual Tickets: Select Qty".)

Thanks and GO TEXANS!!!

Lindsay
I have a football to donate, do I just bring it with me or do I send it to you?

I just bought 4 tickets, I LOVE crawfish !!!!!
Bull Pen 1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Tickets, Memorabilia and Gear
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read