Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-01-2012   #1
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default ESPN Schefter reports: Jacoby Jones, Owen Daniels, and Kareem Jackson released!

In a stunning move, the Texans have released three players who will save the Texans a reported $3 million in cap space.

Officials were not available for comment.

April Fools.
Old 04-01-2012   #2
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 68059 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: ESPN Schefter reports: Jacoby Jones, Owen Daniels, and Kareem Jackson released!

Well today is April, and Jones, and Kareem are fools so this post is kind of true.

Today is my Daughter's birthday, she is pacing the floors throwing out hints waiting for her presents. I'm gonna draw this one out as long as possible, lol.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS PUSHED IT
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012   #3
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 43308 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: ESPN Schefter reports: Jacoby Jones, Owen Daniels, and Kareem Jackson released!

Nice try GP ! (wish it were true - except for OD).
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012   #4
XI CMURDER IX
Gig 'em

Rep Power: 1517 XI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respected

I knew it wasn't true when it said Jacoby Jones
XI CMURDER IX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012   #5
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 53441 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

If he hadn't tried to push it and put OD and KJ in there, this could have been a cruel April fools day joke. He would have gotten a lot of people's hopes up.

As it was, not so much
Old 04-01-2012   #6
The Medic01
Veteran

Rep Power: 1875 The Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
In a stunning move, the Texans have released three players who will save the Texans a reported $3 million in cap space.

Officials were not available for comment.

April Fools.
You freaked me out when I saw OD I was alright with KJ and JJ but I will you for the Owen Daniels one.
The Medic01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012   #7
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39273 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

It was actually Kareem Jackson that would have been the most shocking to me.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-01-2012   #8
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 53441 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

I am looking for a really good April Fools day joke to play on my 18 yr old son.

So far I have come up with telling him I am pregnant.

The current plan is for me to tell my husband he needs to go the the drugstore. He will ask if my son can go. I will pull him aside and make a big deal about something (son can't hear) then hubby will rush out to the store. 30 min after he comes back, I will pull son aside. Hubby will hide and film.

Too cruel?
Old 04-01-2012   #9
NCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69514 NCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull View Post
I am looking for a really good April Fools day joke to play on my 18 yr old son.

So far I have come up with telling him I am pregnant.

The current plan is for me to tell my husband he needs to go the the drugstore. He will ask if my son can go. I will pull him aside and make a big deal about something (son can't hear) then hubby will rush out to the store. 30 min after he comes back, I will pull son aside. Hubby will hide and film.

Too cruel?
Not if you post it online afterwards!
NCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012   #10
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72459 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
It was actually Kareem Jackson that would have been the most shocking to me.
Yup. As much as we rag on him, the guys who make the decisions love him to death.

You'da had me if it was just JJ and OD, GP.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012   #11
leebigeztx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28662 leebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to leebigeztx

This will be daniels last yr in a texans uniform. 6m for what he does is way too much.
Old 04-01-2012   #12
The Medic01
Veteran

Rep Power: 1875 The Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebigeztx View Post
This will be daniels last yr in a texans uniform. 6m for what he does is way too much.
Yes ALL he did was lead us in receiving yards and was one of the most reliable offensive players.
The Medic01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012   #13
welsh texan
Lest we forget

Rep Power: 22601 welsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Medic01 View Post
Yes ALL he did was lead us in receiving yards and was one of the most reliable offensive players.
I can well believe it, we're going to see Garrett Graham get on the field more, and if he proves a success, suddenly OD looks expensive. Great player, but he earns a heck of a lot, and if you had to choose between keeping him and one from Cush, Barwin, Brown for instance, what are you going to do? Antonio Smith I'd put in exactly the same category, great at what he does, but its a less important position in our D than any of the aforementioned guys position is on our team. What are you going to choose?

I think this off-season we've seen our FO make the easiest choices available when they got rid of guys with glaring weaknesses/didn't fit the scheme etc. what will they do for an encore when they are faced with even tougher choices next year?
We will remember them.
welsh texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012   #14
TdotTexas2Step
All Pro

Rep Power: 1976 TdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Medic01 View Post
+1

You pay the great players, and unfortunately part ways with the good ones.

I remember the days when OD was hurt - which wasn't too long ago - and us Texans fans defended him as a great TE to fans of other teams. And now that he was able to play again, he proved us right.

Our division clinching win against the Bengals was because Daniels decided to show up and finish off Cincinnati on that final drive.
TdotTexas2Step is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read