Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-12-2005   #21
hadaad
All Pro

Rep Power: 396 hadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respected

Please tell me you mean Alge and not Carlester.
hadaad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005   #22
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

Thanks for jinxing Bennie.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005   #23
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected

yep, looks like both aren't playing this season? total jinx
ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005   #24
jacquescas
Hall of Fame

its a neck and neck race at this point.
jacquescas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005   #25
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacquescas
its a neck and neck race at this point.
Which one of them will probably wind up breaking.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005   #26
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84
Winslow was seen leaving the hospital today on crutches and not applying pressure to his right leg at all.

So I'm going to have to go with Joppru.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005   #27
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP

An article on this subject - although not the one I read.

Unofficial sources on the internet say Winslow has ACL problem and won't play this year. BJ and KW are a year apart on the injury scene. The big difference is BJ has a whole lot smaller contract and a better disposition. BJ doesn't have WK's ego and didn't do it off the field. I would actually like to see BJ make it back and prove he was a worthwhile investment. They were talking 12 months in Winslow's case. They seemed to be talking a shorter period for BJ. I would hope BJ's tear is not as bad as KW's tear.

Last edited by Ibar_Harry; 05-19-2005 at 06:35 PM. Reason: Link
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-19-2005   #28
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibar_Harry
They seemed to be talking a shorter period for BJ. I would hope BJ's tear is not as bad as KW's tear.
Do you honestly believe Joppru has a real chance to have a meaningful career
in the NFL ? I feel as bad for him as the next Texans fan, perhaps more so since I personally had a milder form of his initial injury way back when I was competeing in athletics. But I just believe its wishful thinking to think he will ever play a meaningful role for any team in this league. Not gonna happen -
wish it would but not gonna happen.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005   #29
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy
in the NFL ? I feel as bad for him as the next Texans fan, perhaps more so since I personally had a milder form of his initial injury way back when I was competeing in athletics. But I just believe its wishful thinking to think he will ever play a meaningful role for any team in this league. Not gonna happen -
Joppru has reached the point where he seriously needs to consider whether or not his body is cut out for football. Being consided a serious NFL prospect and being draft in the second round is a heck of lot closer to the top of their profession than most people get.
ArlingtonTexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005   #30
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy
Right now the answer appears to be it costs us less to wait than not, so I say we wait and see. Stranger things have happened, but at least he doesn't have the attitude of KW. Seems like he has earned the respect of his team mates and that says a lot. Again by all accounts there is no harm in waiting on this one. May be we gain a lot of respect out of it too. Just my opinion the eternal optomist - according to a lot of members I'm the eternal pesimist. I think the real question will be does he have the will to try once more.
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005   #31
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibar_Harry
I think the real question will be does he have the will to try once more.
Yes, that's what I really was trying to say. The will, but then he also needs the confidance to go back out there and compete without being preoccupied
with the thought of another physical mishap. He has to have that confidance
to maintain the focus to play at the level necessary to succeed in the NFL.
That's got to be a tremendous psychological burden and distraction to his
mental concentration. It would take a certain kind of psychological profile
to have a chance to pull off something like that.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005   #32
jacquescas
Hall of Fame

I think at this point the Texans will tell him to restructre his contract to provide him with minimum money and put the last wages in performance incentives so he can earn it back.

But if we move on from Joppru i have no problem with that.
Old 05-20-2005   #33
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 383864 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacquescas
I think at this point the Texans will tell him to restructre his contract to provide him with minimum money and put the last wages in performance incentives so he can earn it back.

But if we move on from Joppru i have no problem with that.
There really isn't any restructuring to do for Joppru's contract. He is making at or near league minimum salaries for this year and next. The reason his cap hit is larger than league minimum is the signing bonus he received. Cut him and two years worth of prorated signing bonus goes on the cap as dead money. This year it is just as expensive to cut him as to keep him. Might as well stick him on IR and see what happens next year.
Old 05-20-2005   #34
Mr Shush
Veteran

Right. I mean, we all know he'll probably never play a down in the league - and we've picked up a new FA TE already - Marcellus Rivers, who used to back up Shockey in NY, anyone know more about him than I do? - but there really is no harm keeping him around on the off chance. You've got to feel for the guy, but really, 3 straight seasons on IR is too much to be coincidence.
Mr Shush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005   #35
B.Diddy
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to B.Diddy

Now i know what Orlando was going thru when they signed Grant Hill with all those expectations and he kept getting hurt.
Old 05-20-2005   #36
jacquescas
Hall of Fame

so if i jinxed it can i get credit for knocking an NFL player out for the season? i never thought they were so delicate

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read