Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 03-30-2012   #1
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 105157 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Carolina Trades Mike Goodson to Raiders

Geesh, do the Raiders even have any draft picks left. lol. Likely a late round pick, but still...

Quote:
Raiders acquired RB Mike Goodson from the Panthers in exchange for undisclosed draft-pick considerations.
A 25-year-old former fourth-round pick out of Texas A&M, Goodson was unable to earn a role in Carolina's backfield rotation due to chronic fumbling. He's put the ball on the ground seven times among 125 career carries. While the move makes it seem less likely that Jonathan Stewart will be traded, keep in mind that Goodson was out of the Panthers' plans regardless. In Oakland, he'll compete for the No. 2 back job with Taiwan Jones, behind Darren McFadden.
http://www.rotoworld.com/sports/nfl/football
Old 03-30-2012   #2
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Carolina Trades Mike Goodson to Raiders

I guess they expect to re-sign Jonathan Stewart next year.
Old 03-30-2012   #3
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 72046 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
I guess they expect to re-sign Jonathan Stewart next year.
Doubtful. How many 43 million dollar running backs can one team support?
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012   #4
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 265614 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

...in exchange for T/G Bruce Campbell

The quintessential workout warrior: http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-combin...Bruce-Campbell

Remember when they were speculating Al Davis would take him in the first round?
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012   #5
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
Doubtful. How many 43 million dollar running backs can one team support?
Yeah, that's what makes it weird to me. Mike Goodson was a decent RB3, but Stewart could be a #1 somewhere. I doubt they retain him, given that he's making 1 mill this year and it's the last year of his contract. I thought Stewart would get traded, probably for a 2nd or 3rd round pick. I know the Browns, Giants, Raiders and Packers are in the market for RBs, so whatever. Seemed like a good time to cash in on Stewart.
Old 04-02-2012   #6
welsh texan
Lest we forget

Rep Power: 22601 welsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Yeah, that's what makes it weird to me. Mike Goodson was a decent RB3, but Stewart could be a #1 somewhere. I doubt they retain him, given that he's making 1 mill this year and it's the last year of his contract. I thought Stewart would get traded, probably for a 2nd or 3rd round pick. I know the Browns, Giants, Raiders and Packers are in the market for RBs, so whatever. Seemed like a good time to cash in on Stewart.
We'll be having this exact same discussion about Ben Tate in a years time. You can't pay 2 great RB's #1 money, even if you can get 1000yd seasons out of both.

I know the Raiders got a ton of compensatory picks this year, but I thought they couldn't be traded? So I guess its either a 5th or 6th? In which case it isn't a lot if that guys going to make a contribution.
We will remember them.
welsh texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012   #7
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by welsh texan View Post
We'll be having this exact same discussion about Ben Tate in a years time. You can't pay 2 great RB's #1 money, even if you can get 1000yd seasons out of both.

I know the Raiders got a ton of compensatory picks this year, but I thought they couldn't be traded? So I guess its either a 5th or 6th? In which case it isn't a lot if that guys going to make a contribution.
They updated the trade details:
Quote:
CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- The Oakland Raiders acquired running back Mike Goodson from the Carolina Panthers on Friday in exchange for offensive tackle Bruce Campbell, a trade both teams hope will improve their depth.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/77...bruce-campbell

Personally, I think the Panthers got a steal here. Bruce Campbell was one of the greatest actors of the 80s. Evil Dead has such a great cult following that even having him on the bench will bring in fans just to see if he plays. Problem is that I don't think the NFL will allow him to use a shotgun on the field, so he may not be as good as he was projected.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read