Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Foster, Barwin comment on off-season moves

SCOTTexans

Rookie
"Yeah, absolutely I was a little surprised by some of the moves," Foster said. "It's a business, and I don't get paid to make those kind of moves. I get paid to run the football."

Foster proves again he is one of a kind in the NFL

Mr teX

Hall of Fame
"Yeah, absolutely I was a little surprised by some of the moves," Foster said. "It's a business, and I don't get paid to make those kind of moves. I get paid to run the football."

translated in Kubiac language: " Gosh darn it, that kids' just a lunch-pail player"

GP

Go Texans!

Ya' know, he had some twitter issues to start off the season last year.

I think he learned very quickly that he had to stay positive and keep things neutral with his comments. Since then, there hasn't been anything that borders upon being unprofessional.

Yankee_In_TX

Dance Lindsay!
Ya' know, he had some twitter issues to start off the season last year.

I think he learned very quickly that he had to stay positive and keep things neutral with his comments. Since then, there hasn't been anything that borders upon being unprofessional.
I will eat crow, I had him judged all wrong. He has done nothing but the right thing since those Twitter issues.

EllisUnit

Vote RED!!!
Caldwell started the entire 2010 season ? Damn i have seen every game they have ever played but i dont remember him playing the entire 2010 season !!! Is that true ?

Caldwell started the entire 2010 season ? Damn i have seen every game they have ever played but i dont remember him playing the entire 2010 season !!! Is that true ?
I think he started and Brisiel finished lol...

Caldwell has a lot of weight on his shoulders right now. I'd say it's pretty much do or die for him, career wise. Are you man or backup?

I like Foster saying that nobody needs to do anything differently because Demeco is gone. Leaders aren't made, they're born. Let the locker room shift as it needs.

EllisUnit

Vote RED!!!
I think he started and Brisiel finished lol...

Caldwell has a lot of weight on his shoulders right now. I'd say it's pretty much do or die for him, career wise. Are you man or backup?

I like Foster saying that nobody needs to do anything differently because Demeco is gone. Leaders aren't made, they're born. Let the locker room shift as it needs.
hmm well if caldwell did start the entire 2010 season then i liked what he did, we had a serious run and pass game that year. Butler just needs to prove he belongs now.

silentassassin

Waterboy
hmm well if caldwell did start the entire 2010 season then i liked what he did, we had a serious run and pass game that year. Butler just needs to prove he belongs now.
I believe it was a split-time sort of deal. They rotated. It's easy to dog on Caldwell because of the poor showing last season, but it's important to remember he was playing on a bad ankle.

I'm not worried until they give me a reason on the field to worry.

Texan_Bill

Hall of Fame
Meh!! What else what would they say?? "This sucks!", "The FO sucks!"???

NO!!! They know that this is a good team irrespective of the off-season moves made by this team. They know that that they have talent (i.e. our talent from last season aka "depth") will step-up this year. We will replenish that depth through the draft this year and at the same time keeping the Texans "young" and ultimately "cap friendly"....

GP

Go Texans!
I will eat crow, I had him judged all wrong. He has done nothing but the right thing since those Twitter issues.
I did too. I was pretty bold in my criticism of him, and made a few people mad at the same time. I didn't care though, because at the time I knew we had a special team in 2011 (even as early as the first few games I knew we did) and i didn't want anything screwing it up.

I was selfish in the sense that I didn't want any distractions because of some tweets that a player like Foster might post. Everybody was saying "Well, he's young and he's speaking his mind. He means no harm. It's no big deal. Lay off the guy." etc., but in the NFL it's No News Is Good News. Period.