Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-29-2012   #1
tak3ov3r
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 tak3ov3r is a quality contributor and well respectedtak3ov3r is a quality contributor and well respectedtak3ov3r is a quality contributor and well respectedtak3ov3r is a quality contributor and well respectedtak3ov3r is a quality contributor and well respectedtak3ov3r is a quality contributor and well respectedtak3ov3r is a quality contributor and well respectedtak3ov3r is a quality contributor and well respectedtak3ov3r is a quality contributor and well respectedtak3ov3r is a quality contributor and well respectedtak3ov3r is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Foster, Barwin comment on off-season moves

http://www.foxsportshouston.com/03/2...12&feedID=3714
tak3ov3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012   #2
SCOTTexans
Veteran

Rep Power: 3792 SCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Foster, Barwin comment on off-season moves

"Yeah, absolutely I was a little surprised by some of the moves," Foster said. "It's a business, and I don't get paid to make those kind of moves. I get paid to run the football."

Foster proves again he is one of a kind in the NFL
SCOTTexans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012   #3
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83307 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTTexans View Post
"Yeah, absolutely I was a little surprised by some of the moves," Foster said. "It's a business, and I don't get paid to make those kind of moves. I get paid to run the football."

translated in Kubiac language: " Gosh darn it, that kids' just a lunch-pail player"
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012   #4
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTTexans View Post

Ya' know, he had some twitter issues to start off the season last year.

I think he learned very quickly that he had to stay positive and keep things neutral with his comments. Since then, there hasn't been anything that borders upon being unprofessional.
Old 03-29-2012   #5
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Foster, Barwin comment on off-season moves

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Ya' know, he had some twitter issues to start off the season last year.

I think he learned very quickly that he had to stay positive and keep things neutral with his comments. Since then, there hasn't been anything that borders upon being unprofessional.
I will eat crow, I had him judged all wrong. He has done nothing but the right thing since those Twitter issues.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012   #6
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 71089 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Caldwell started the entire 2010 season ? Damn i have seen every game they have ever played but i dont remember him playing the entire 2010 season !!! Is that true ?
Old 03-29-2012   #7
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
Caldwell started the entire 2010 season ? Damn i have seen every game they have ever played but i dont remember him playing the entire 2010 season !!! Is that true ?
I think he started and Brisiel finished lol...

Caldwell has a lot of weight on his shoulders right now. I'd say it's pretty much do or die for him, career wise. Are you man or backup?

I like Foster saying that nobody needs to do anything differently because Demeco is gone. Leaders aren't made, they're born. Let the locker room shift as it needs.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-29-2012   #8
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 71089 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
I think he started and Brisiel finished lol...

Caldwell has a lot of weight on his shoulders right now. I'd say it's pretty much do or die for him, career wise. Are you man or backup?

I like Foster saying that nobody needs to do anything differently because Demeco is gone. Leaders aren't made, they're born. Let the locker room shift as it needs.
hmm well if caldwell did start the entire 2010 season then i liked what he did, we had a serious run and pass game that year. Butler just needs to prove he belongs now.
Old 03-29-2012   #9
silentassassin
Veteran

Rep Power: 2069 silentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
hmm well if caldwell did start the entire 2010 season then i liked what he did, we had a serious run and pass game that year. Butler just needs to prove he belongs now.
I believe it was a split-time sort of deal. They rotated. It's easy to dog on Caldwell because of the poor showing last season, but it's important to remember he was playing on a bad ankle.

I'm not worried until they give me a reason on the field to worry.
silentassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012   #10
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 102753 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Meh!! What else what would they say?? "This sucks!", "The FO sucks!"???

NO!!! They know that this is a good team irrespective of the off-season moves made by this team. They know that that they have talent (i.e. our talent from last season aka "depth") will step-up this year. We will replenish that depth through the draft this year and at the same time keeping the Texans "young" and ultimately "cap friendly"....
Old 03-29-2012   #11
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 209570 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentassassin View Post
I'm not worried until they give me a reason on the field to worry.
QFT

My feelings as well. We still take the division this year. Once into the playoffs, well, we'll see then.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012   #12
The Medic01
Veteran

Rep Power: 1875 The Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
QFT

My feelings as well. We still take the division this year. Once into the playoffs, well, we'll see then.
Thats how it is for every team. The best team doesn't win the SB the luckiest one does.
The Medic01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012   #13
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
I will eat crow, I had him judged all wrong. He has done nothing but the right thing since those Twitter issues.
I did too. I was pretty bold in my criticism of him, and made a few people mad at the same time. I didn't care though, because at the time I knew we had a special team in 2011 (even as early as the first few games I knew we did) and i didn't want anything screwing it up.

I was selfish in the sense that I didn't want any distractions because of some tweets that a player like Foster might post. Everybody was saying "Well, he's young and he's speaking his mind. He means no harm. It's no big deal. Lay off the guy." etc., but in the NFL it's No News Is Good News. Period.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read