Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 03-21-2012   #1
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 325689 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Vince Young wants to be a texan

He's been on NFLN all day, discussing the "perfect" spot for Tim Tebow...

Don't these guys know Vince is looking for a job?
Old 03-21-2012   #2
mattieuk
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 36501 mattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Man... this has got to be tough for Vince

Man..dude must be desperate for a paycheque these days!
Old 03-21-2012   #3
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 98483 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Vince who?
Old 03-21-2012   #4
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattieuk View Post
Man..dude must be desperate for a paycheque these days!
Sir, will you please get Americanized??? Check is check, not cheque!!! Damn you foreigners!!!
Old 03-21-2012   #5
mattieuk
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 36501 mattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Sir, will you please get Americanized??? Check is check, not cheque!!! Damn you foreigners!!!
Haha - never!

Do you realize that with these 3 posts, we've probably discussed 'paychecks' (sic) for Vince more than his agent has for the past couple of weeks?
Old 03-21-2012   #6
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 109227 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Don't these guys know Vince is looking for a job?
I am starting to wonder if he really is. He is fat and rich now, why does he need to play football?
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012   #7
welsh texan
Lest we forget

Rep Power: 25589 welsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm pretty surprised no-one has picked him up, plenty of QB needy teams around the league and Vince has a good record in win/loss terms.

He must not have a very good reference from the iggles, cos you'd assume that if he'd matured any they'd have been more than willing to let other teams know about it and help him out.

Is his career over?
We will remember them.
welsh texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-22-2012   #8
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 147070 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by welsh texan View Post
I'm pretty surprised no-one has picked him up, plenty of QB needy teams around the league and Vince has a good record in win/loss terms.

He must not have a very good reference from the iggles, cos you'd assume that if he'd matured any they'd have been more than willing to let other teams know about it and help him out.

Is his career over?
I'm no Young fan, but he is by far a better QB than Tebow.
Old 03-22-2012   #9
majestrate
All Pro

Rep Power: 9427 majestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagotexan2 View Post
Remove "by far" and I'd agree with the statement.

But Tebow is a better player. He doesn't seem to give up, and he tries to inspires others to not give up. Well, except in their playoff loss.

I'm not sure V Young has the mental toughness for the game. It seems like he lets losing get to him, and cause him to throw in the towel.
majestrate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012   #10
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

People are going to want to shoot me for this but....here it goes:

Why don't we try to get him? We saw last year how important it is to have 3 QBs on the team. Now I doubt this happens to us twice in two seasons but every one on here has talked about Schaub's Lis Franc (sp) injury when it came to Manning and I know Vince is not Manning but don't we still have to think good backups at this point still?

I for one have always thought that Vince would thrive in this offense because of his ability to tuck and run and pick up first downs to keep the team on the field (something Schaub almost refuses to do). We also saw him show some flashes under Philly's WCO. Plus, Kubiak has done a pretty good job with QBs during his tenure.

Now I know many will say that Vince is not a team player and will be a locker room cancer. However, my argument has always been that we've drafted and acquired enough choir boys to know that the attitude of this team will take over Vince's attitude. Plus you gotta believe he's learned his lesson at this point of his career and has been humbled somewhat since then.

My only question is why Vince hasn't been asked to stay in Philly with a banged up Michael Vick. But I believe it could be time to ask Vince to come in and compete for the back up spot.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012   #11
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 109227 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Not according to the VY jockriders. They always say QB ratings, stats, etc don't count. It's what he does on the field that counts. All he does is win. Well Tebow "wins" more.

As of today Tebow led his team to a playoff victory. VY is winless in that the most important category.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012   #12
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 105876 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Jacoby Jones would be a better QB than Tim Tebow.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012   #13
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 147070 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestrate View Post
Remove "by far" and I'd agree with the statement.

But Tebow is a better player. He doesn't seem to give up, and he tries to inspires others to not give up. Well, except in their playoff loss.

I'm not sure V Young has the mental toughness for the game. It seems like he lets losing get to him, and cause him to throw in the towel.
Ok maybe not by far. But that's mostly because VY is not a very good qb, but Tebow is even worse than that. I think Tebow benefited much more from the play of his team the Young did.
Old 03-22-2012   #14
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 387845 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Man... this has got to be tough for Vince
Tough for Vince?

How about tough for me?

I wanna be an NFL QB and my phone hasn't rung once. (And I'd never "dream team" my team.)
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012   #15
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post

Why don't we try to get him? We saw last year how important it is to have 3 QBs on the team. Now I doubt this happens to us twice in two seasons but every one on here has talked about Schaub's Lis Franc (sp) injury when it came to Manning and I know Vince is not Manning but don't we still have to think good backups at this point still?

I for one have always thought that Vince would thrive in this offense because of his ability to tuck and run and pick up first downs to keep the team on the field (something Schaub almost refuses to do). We also saw him show some flashes under Philly's WCO. Plus, Kubiak has done a pretty good job with QBs during his tenure.

Now I know many will say that Vince is not a team player and will be a locker room cancer. However, my argument has always been that we've drafted and acquired enough choir boys to know that the attitude of this team will take over Vince's attitude. Plus you gotta believe he's learned his lesson at this point of his career and has been humbled somewhat since then.

My only question is why Vince hasn't been asked to stay in Philly with a banged up Michael Vick. But I believe it could be time to ask Vince to come in and compete for the back up spot.

Same reason I don't want Tebow on this team, their rabidly loyal followers are an obnoxious distraction from the game. I don't want VY fanboys chanting his name during our home games after Schaub throws an INT. His risk/reward factor is a negative at this point, and he would be more of a detriment to the Texans and Cowboys (Texas teams) than anything else. No thanks, I'll take Yates over him any day of the week. However, I would love to see him on the Cowboys and watch Romo deal with the VY shenanigans.

Last edited by Dutchrudder; 03-22-2012 at 11:44 AM.
Dutchrudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012   #16
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Quote:

Now I know many will say that Vince is not a team player and will be a locker room cancer. However, my argument has always been that we've drafted and acquired enough choir boys to know that the attitude of this team will take over Vince's attitude. Plus you gotta believe he's learned his lesson at this point of his career and has been humbled somewhat since then. My only question is why Vince hasn't been asked to stay in Philly with a banged up Michael Vick. But I believe it could be time to ask Vince to come in and compete for the back up spot.
I don't think that even an offense that is tailor made for Young would do any good with him. I don't doubt his athletic ability. He is just plain soft and too immature to overcome any adversity on the field. If he could grow a pair and grow up he could salvage his career.

As for Tebow he's just a lousy QB. Converting from a QB to a FB, H-back or Tight End must be easier than converting from Christianity to Islam, Buddhism, Festivusism, etc...
Old 03-22-2012   #17
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Thanks Chicagotxn2 and Dutchrudder. I see your points and I thought about both of those. Trust me I could just see Schaub throw an INT and everyone start screaming for VY but I don't think it would be tough to establish Yates as the back up and treat VY like we did Matt Lienart. I'm just saying that VY wants to be on The Texans. How badly does he? That he would even be 3rd QB? Don't know but I do want players that want to be on our team. Just saying.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012   #18
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Quote:
Thanks Chicagotxn2 and Dutchrudder. I see your points and I thought about both of those. Trust me I could just see Schaub throw an INT and everyone start screaming for VY but I don't think it would be tough to establish Yates as the back up and treat VY like we did Matt Lienart. I'm just saying that VY wants to be on The Texans. How badly does he? That he would even be 3rd QB? Don't know but I do want players that want to be on our team. Just saying.
Yeah man I want the same thing but I've seen enough vys antics to know he doesnt have the mental fortitude. As a Houstonian I want him to succeed but I don't see it happening.
Old 03-22-2012   #19
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 402769 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

If VY had the "right stuff" between the ears, his physical skills would certainly be wanted by many teams. The fact that his he's apparently got his head in the wrong place is directly related to the fact that he appears to be ignored by 32 teams right now.

I wish no ill will toward the guy. I'm way over all that crap from way back when.
Old 03-22-2012   #20
majestrate
All Pro

Rep Power: 9427 majestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I don't really understand how that would work, since Lienart was the backup, until Schaub went down and then he got the starting job.
majestrate is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read