Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-02-2012   #41
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 54416 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: realist/pessimist and why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhouston View Post
We will sweep the division and be no worse than 11-5 ... no threat there.
I doubt that. For whatever reason the this Texans team has some sort of mental block that does not allow them to beat every other team in the south two times no matter how bad the teams are.
Old 04-02-2012   #42
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
I doubt that. For whatever reason the this Texans team has some sort of mental block that does not allow them to beat every other team in the south two times no matter how bad the teams are.
We could of swept The titans last year but we sent our JV Freshmen team out there and the titans still had a hard time beating us ... LOL
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012   #43
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 116198 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Would have been great if we had the option to slide Eric inside. You know restructure his contract & slide him inside.
And how do you propose we could have restructured his contract and still saved 4.5 million bucks this year?

The ugly truth is that both Winston and Ryans are financially better off with other teams - that can afford to pay them - than they would have been had they been retained.

Or would you rather they stayed and suffered the indignity that Walter did by taking a massive (40+%) pay cut?
Old 04-03-2012   #44
BullBlitz
Section 331

Rep Power: 5859 BullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
We could of swept The titans last year but we sent our JV Freshmen team out there and the titans still had a hard time beating us ... LOL
LOL that they beat us. If we could have swept them, we would have. Obviously, we couldn't.
BullBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012   #45
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullBlitz View Post
LOL that they beat us. If we could have swept them, we would have. Obviously, we couldn't.

we didnt try to sweep them last year so we will never know if we could have or not

Our backup backups played most of the game and could of tied it at the end but decided not two
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012   #46
Goldensilence
Is this Sparta?

Rep Power: 9088 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

I would have thought the distinction would have been.. optimist, realist, and pessimist. Either way I don't think Pessimist and realist are the same.

That Said, I have tempered expectations for this team.

Matt Schaub's health is a BIG concern for me. Will he really be ready to go by the season opener? How much will it affect his already limited mobility? Will it make him more rushed as a passer? Will he be able to stand up to the punishment if it affects his mobility?

I'm really more concerned about RG than losing Winston. Much as it hurt to lose Eric. I don't think Brisiel was world class but, he was consistent at what he was asked to do. I am hoping whomever gets more reps at RG will excell between Caldwell and S. Smith.

Defensively, I think we'll be fine. I do think we'll have to address the now lack of depth at OLB with MW departure and might have to look at another option at ILB over Sharpton as far as plugging any major starting hole. Which is a relief for once to be able to say that.

Also can Gary really FINALLY develop into an all around HC that can manage the game at all levels?
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012   #47
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 88339 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensilence View Post
I would have thought the distinction would have been.. optimist, realist, and pessimist. Either way I don't think Pessimist and realist are the same.

That Said, I have tempered expectations for this team.

Matt Schaub's health is a BIG concern for me. Will he really be ready to go by the season opener? How much will it affect his already limited mobility? Will it make him more rushed as a passer? Will he be able to stand up to the punishment if it affects his mobility?

I'm really more concerned about RG than losing Winston. Much as it hurt to lose Eric. I don't think Brisiel was world class but, he was consistent at what he was asked to do. I am hoping whomever gets more reps at RG will excell between Caldwell and S. Smith.

Defensively, I think we'll be fine. I do think we'll have to address the now lack of depth at OLB with MW departure and might have to look at another option at ILB over Sharpton as far as plugging any major starting hole. Which is a relief for once to be able to say that.

Also can Gary really FINALLY develop into an all around HC that can manage the game at all levels?
I was under the belief that "/" was used for "and/or" and to save space typed it that way. Glad you were able to struggle past it and offer your opinion.
Old 04-04-2012   #48
BullBlitz
Section 331

Rep Power: 5859 BullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
we didnt try to sweep them last year so we will never know if we could have or not

Our backup backups played most of the game and could of tied it at the end but decided not two
Decided not two? Wow.

Enough said.
BullBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012   #49
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

That's funny.

I'm now pessimistic because Kubes might decide to let the Titans and Colts win a couple of games this season. I hadn't thought of that before.
Old 04-05-2012   #50
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullBlitz View Post
Couldnt and didn't are two different things.

We played most of the game with a qb we had not too long ago picked up and a bunch of second and third stringers.

Garett graham saw action at the lb position.

Do you really think we put our best foot forward to win that game?
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012   #51
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153493 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
That's funny.

I'm now pessimistic because Kubes might decide to let the Titans and Colts win a couple of games this season. I hadn't thought of that before.
That was a damn good game, with our back-ups taking it to the Titans. We just ran out of time & it meant absolutely nothing. We didn't try to win the game, well, we did... by going for 2 instead of tying it up with an easy PAT & whup'n that Azz in OT.

I hope Kubiak has the opportunity to blow off at least 2 games at the end of the season.

Old 04-05-2012   #52
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 88339 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
That was a damn good game, with our back-ups taking it to the Titans. We just ran out of time & it meant absolutely nothing. We didn't try to win the game, well, we did... by going for 2 instead of tying it up with an easy PAT & whup'n that Azz in OT.

I hope Kubiak has the opportunity to blow off at least 2 games at the end of the season.
So yo are an optomist?
Old 04-07-2012   #53
80tothezone
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5078 80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
What one thing makes you nauseated, your head hurt and makes you shake your head and doubt we are still going right direction? Salary cap? LT/QB/Barwin contracts up after 2012? Not convinced players like KJ, JJ, Walter, Shaub, Andre Johnson are playing up to contract or your concerned about health? Your still not certain Gary Kubiak is right head coach?

What is that ONE thing that makes you go GRR!
Jacoby Jones still wearing a Texans uniform. You suit me up if you wanted someone to muff punts and drop 7 passes a game for a few mil a yr. Why the hell did we renew his contract. I would have rather spent the money on a backup Ol and gone into the season with 3 at WR and been able to retain/go get someone this yr.
Old 04-07-2012   #54
80tothezone
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5078 80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected

come to think of it we would have been better off buying the entire city of Houston something off the dollar menu at McDonald's than paying him another 3 mill. I would rather have seen them donate the money to the Iranian dictatorship for the purchase of nuclear weapons than give than man another cent...
Old 04-07-2012   #55
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80tothezone View Post
come to think of it we would have been better off buying the entire city of Houston something off the dollar menu at McDonald's than paying him another 3 mill. I would rather have seen them donate the money to the Iranian dictatorship for the purchase of nuclear weapons than give than man another cent...
Israel says stick with the dollar menu.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read