Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-28-2012   #21
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
The Defense survived (and got stronger) last season w/o Mario and a weakened DeMeco. Barring injuries, they should easily be a "top 10" defense.
I agree with your overall point, but that said we also didn't face that many offensive juggernauts either.

The offenses we face this upcoming season will be tougher. Make no mistake about it.

Not gonna be able to rest on our laurels. Gonna need to improve there even if it's incremental.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012   #22
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 79376 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Your reason for optimism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Beer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansBull View Post
Ditto.
Thirdeded!
Old 03-28-2012   #23
TejasTom
Get #80 a ring!

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 32888 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Beer.
And tequila.
TejasTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012   #24
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 79376 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TejasTom View Post
And tequila.
*ahem*

Scotch is preferable.
Old 03-28-2012   #25
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 114714 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Thirdeded!
shouldn't it be 6-packeded?
Old 03-28-2012   #26
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
shouldn't it be 6-packeded?
That would workeded..
Old 03-29-2012   #27
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18100 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Señor Stan View Post
My reason for optimism...

Andre Johnson, Matt Schaub, and Arian Foster played together for a total of a quarter and a half last year.
Good point! In regards to injuries, did anyone have it worse than us? Our best players on offense and defense, and our QB, missed majority of the season last year.
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-29-2012   #28
TheEastwood
Veteran

Rep Power: 934 TheEastwood is a quality contributor and well respectedTheEastwood is a quality contributor and well respectedTheEastwood is a quality contributor and well respectedTheEastwood is a quality contributor and well respectedTheEastwood is a quality contributor and well respectedTheEastwood is a quality contributor and well respectedTheEastwood is a quality contributor and well respectedTheEastwood is a quality contributor and well respectedTheEastwood is a quality contributor and well respectedTheEastwood is a quality contributor and well respectedTheEastwood is a quality contributor and well respected

My reason for optimism... hmmm... Well, schaub's coming back. AJ is gonna be healthy. Mario is gone, but he was gone for most of this year anyways(still top 5 defense). I think that Butler can step up for Winston. I liked Winston, but he was always lacking in passpro. He got QBs killed against quick DEs. And I'm not worried about Dressen at all. I think Graham will do a fine job, but I'd rather have Casey there.

Honestly the piece I'm most worried about is RG. Caldwell was aweful when he played. Hopefully he's improved or replaced by next season.
TheEastwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012   #29
The Medic01
Veteran

Rep Power: 1875 The Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEastwood View Post
My reason for optimism... hmmm... Well, schaub's coming back. AJ is gonna be healthy. Mario is gone, but he was gone for most of this year anyways(still top 5 defense). I think that Butler can step up for Winston. I liked Winston, but he was always lacking in passpro. He got QBs killed against quick DEs. And I'm not worried about Dressen at all. I think Graham will do a fine job, but I'd rather have Casey there.

Honestly the piece I'm most worried about is RG. Caldwell was aweful when he played. Hopefully he's improved or replaced by next season.
What I actually didn't realize is that Caldwell started all of 2010 Foster's best season. Some food for thought right there.
The Medic01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012   #30
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I don't understand a lot of the Caldwell flak...He did not do well last season, but he has been solid pretty much his whole time here. He's not as bad as a lot of people think/make him out to be.

Also, he supposedly was dealing with a high ankl sprain last year. And high ankle sprains are tough to deal with and usually affect guys all year or until they give it adequate rest.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012   #31
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 87576 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Do you think Butler will defend better against the speed guys you mention?
Old 03-31-2012   #32
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 36493 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm optimistic because I think the front office has made the right moves to keep the core talent on this team in place for a few more years.
The Texans finally have enough talent to release or trade players with average talent or bloated salaries instead of being forced to keep them.
The changes on the OL are, too me, the biggest ones. The new starters are old friends to their teammates and coaches, so the changes should be fairly seamless. Everything else can be taken care of with a good draft to add depth.

My biggest concern is Wade's record after his 1st season with a club.
Old 03-31-2012   #33
BattleRedRock
Cush56HatLayer

Section: blue lot
Rep Power: 0 BattleRedRock is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedRock is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedRock is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedRock is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedRock is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedRock is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedRock is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedRock is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedRock is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedRock is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedRock is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Most posters seem to be optimistic concerning this coming season. What one thing makes you feel this way? Wade Phillips having a longer off season to impart more of his 3-4, 2012 draft, more confidence in players such as Watt, Barwin, Reed? Result of last season despite injuries (next player up: backups)? Confidence of Kubiak that he has made playoffs and got that monkey off his shoulders? Your thoughts?
Ill be optimistic when Kubiwack stops sending out the field goal kicker who hasn't hit a field goal passed the 40 yrd line to kick a 50 yd plus field goal in crucial times of the game.. either punt or go for it, i don't care just stop sending out a guy who can only hit the extra point
BattleRedRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012   #34
rarazz00
VOLUME 10

Rep Power: 114 rarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respected

My reason is the fact that we won the division and went into the playoffs with one arm tied behind our backs(injuries)..I honestly can say that I fear NO team this year!!!...we lost key players this year in FA, though we will aquire the key pieces for an epic year!!...I know our schedule is tough...I wouldn't want it any other way!!!! Wade Phillips will have a full training camp and for the record..I'm pulling for Trindon Holiday to return punts..

Last edited by rarazz00; 03-31-2012 at 10:35 AM.
rarazz00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012   #35
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 87576 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

We got the money that was set aside to sign Mario! Yes!! That should get Duane Brown and Barwin
Old 04-07-2012   #36
BullBlitz
Section 331

Rep Power: 5859 BullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respected

1. Coaching late last season was pretty horrid, play calling appeared especially desperate in the Ravens game.

2. We lost Winston and Breisel, plus Dreesen - which definitely shouldn't help Foster.

3. The Colts should be a little more competitive with Luck and some defensive upgrades.

4. We play Manning, Brady, Rodgers, Cutler, Stafford and some other strong teams.

These are the primary reasons that I'm optimistic.
BullBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012   #37
The Medic01
Veteran

Rep Power: 1875 The Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullBlitz View Post
1. Coaching late last season was pretty horrid, play calling appeared especially desperate in the Ravens game.

2. We lost Winston and Breisel, plus Dreesen - which definitely shouldn't help Foster.

3. The Colts should be a little more competitive with Luck and some defensive upgrades.

4. We play Manning, Brady, Rodgers, Cutler, Stafford and some other strong teams.
1. Never really saw a coaching problem.

2. brisiel not worried Caldwell had a great TC last year and started in 2010. Agree with you other than that.

3. Yes but not sufficient enough to challenge us this year.

4. Definitely tough but I think we can stand up to the challenge.
The Medic01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012   #38
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullBlitz View Post

These are the primary reasons that I'm optimistic.
Uh, you probably were looking for my thread realist/pessimist.....
Old 04-07-2012   #39
KA4Texan
C27A

Rep Power: 5487 KA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Reason for my optimism?

It makes what slipped through our fingers or more accurately Jacoby's (that's a little rhetorical painful joke) last season hurt a little less.

Besides, I don't fear the Tacks,Jags or Colts (I dont underestimate them either) I was hoping PM would head to Ten. so we could prove that we CAN defeat PM regularly.

I am optimistic in spite of kubiak

Last edited by KA4Texan; 04-07-2012 at 08:23 PM.
KA4Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012   #40
rush2112mn
All Pro

Rep Power: 972 rush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respected
Thumbs up Re: Your reason for optimism

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaShark316 View Post
Besides the fact that it's March 27th, I'd say it's because tomorrow is March 28th.
Yeah....seems like every draft party at Reliant has been more boos than cheers for 1st round pick.....
Biggest boos ever.......for Mario in 2006....
rush2112mn is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read