Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 03-29-2012   #21
redwhiteblue
Veteran

Rep Power: 2087 redwhiteblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteblue is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: OLB and the Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
I think Brooks Reed and Connor Barwin are the starters at OLB, and don't think we'll address OLB depth until the 3rd or 4th round. I really like Nick Perry, but just don't see OLB as our biggest need.
Pass rushers are always a need. That is why we drafted JJ Watt when we had Mario and Antonio and that is why the Giants drafted Jason Pierre-Paul when they had Umenyiora and Tuck
redwhiteblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012   #22
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
This is why I could see McClellin or Wagner as the 2nd rd pick. They are much better values than Hightower or Perry in the 1st. IMHO

I'm thinking McClellin may go to the Packers in the 1st though. He would make a great bookend to Matthews. I would be for using a 4/5th to trade up for McClellin in the 2nd. He fits what the Texans front 7 is all about. (intensity) McClellin can play Ryans spot as well as rush the passer off the edge.

Wagner can do many of the same things, but is not Quite as good off the edge. Both of these guys are well worth 2nd rd picks. IMHO
When I watch Mcclellin I feel like he's going to be JAG in the NFL.

Not saying he won't be good, but I don't know if he will have that awe factor.

Not even saying I wouldn't take him. Just saying that I think there a more talented players that will be Available though he is probably a safer pick than most.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012   #23
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
This is why I could see McClellin or Wagner as the 2nd rd pick. They are much better values than Hightower or Perry in the 1st. IMHO

I'm thinking McClellin may go to the Packers in the 1st though. He would make a great bookend to Matthews. I would be for using a 4/5th to trade up for McClellin in the 2nd. He fits what the Texans front 7 is all about. (intensity) McClellin can play Ryans spot as well as rush the passer off the edge.

Wagner can do many of the same things, but is not Quite as good off the edge. Both of these guys are well worth 2nd rd picks. IMHO
I'm thinking Shea McClellin could go in the first. The more I watch of him the more I like him. At worst he should go early second.
mussop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012   #24
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72184 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
When I watch Mcclellin I feel like he's going to be JAG in the NFL.

Not saying he won't be good, but I don't know if he will have that awe factor.

Not even saying I wouldn't take him. Just saying that I think there a more talented players that will be Available though he is probably a safer pick than most.
I see McClellin on the low end as a brooks reed type guy.

High end, he could be a Lamar Woodley/Harrison/Vrabel type guy.

I do know he gives all out effort every play and would fit in very well with the Texans style of hard nosed front 7.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012   #25
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72184 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
I'm thinking Shea McClellin could go in the first. The more I watch of him the more I like him. At worst he should go early second.
I could see him as a bookend to Matthews on the Packers defense.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012   #26
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I could see him as a bookend to Matthews on the Packers defense.
Me too!
mussop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012   #27
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I see McClellin on the low end as a brooks reed type guy.

High end, he could be a Lamar Woodley/Harrison/Vrabel type guy.

I do know he gives all out effort every play and would fit in very well with the Texans style of hard nosed front 7.
I have changed my mind on him and I posted it in another thread. I think you are right.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read